December 2013-Winter 2015 Cruise Catalogue

vaitape

Thank you for posting!

Hey there! We're hoping for different itineraries for Asia or Africa....will let you know if we find one.

Like West Africa that I have been begging for? :D

If they'll do it, I'll cancel the Silversea one to go with Oceania :)

Like West Africa that I have been begging for? :D

If they'll do it, I'll cancel the Silversea one to go with Oceania :)

Do you prefer Oceania to silverseas?

I have never gone on silverseas, but our first Oceania cruise is coming up this fall.

Curious to your comment because silverseas is suppose to be so wonderful. Please explain. Thanks

Do you prefer Oceania to silverseas?

I have never gone on silverseas, but our first Oceania cruise is coming up this fall.

Curious to your comment because silverseas is suppose to be so wonderful. Please explain. Thanks

Silversea IS wonderful, especially the 280 passenger ships. The level of personalized attention and service is unmatched, the cabins larger.

However, the dress code is too formal for us. In addition, the all inclusive feature is of no additional benefit as we don't drink. Also, the food is slightly better (overall) on O, IMO. However, you can "special order" food easier on Silversea than on O (like foie gras, etc.).

So, overall we do prefer Oceania - the better food and casual dress code are the difference makers for us. But itinerary trumps all other considerations :)

Thanks paulchilli.

We also do not really drink so that all inclusive is not important to us. It is easier to pack without formal wear as well.

Interesting that you find the food on Oceania a little better.

Silverseas,is quite a bit more expensive than Oceania.

Thanks paulchilli.

Interesting that you find the food on Oceania a little better.

Silverseas,is quite a bit more expensive than Oceania.

It depends on the sailing, discounts and your TA. This B2B 26 day cruise is about $6666/pp all inclusive (after discounts for B2B, Venetian Society and TA discount). I think that's pretty good considering everything (all inclusive, larger standard cabin and especially the great W. African itinerary). We are flying for miles, so that helps too.

The food is noticeably better on the O class ships due the 4 great specialty restaurants and a fantastic Terrace Café; with the R ships the food could be a toss-up.

Yes, Freda & Marvin, we look forward to meeting you on the Riviera as well.

It depends on the sailing, discounts and your TA. This B2B 26 day cruise is about $6666/pp all inclusive (after discounts for B2B, Venetian Society and TA discount). I think that's pretty good considering everything (all inclusive, larger standard cabin and especially the great W. African itinerary). We are flying for miles, so that helps too.

The food is noticeably better on the O class ships due the 4 great specialty restaurants and a fantastic Terrace Café; with the R ships the food could be a toss-up.

Hi Paulchili. Could you please email us at vaitape at aol dot com when you have the opportunity? Many thanks.

• 3 months later...

We took our first cruise with SS this past May. We missed sailing on the O ship(s). The itinerary and discounts were the deciding factors. We do drink alcohol and found that nice but now that O has the packages it will be fine. I see O is taking the same trip from NY to London but did not see that before.

I/we agree with you, Paulchili regarding the pro's and con's (food, dress code, cabin size, etc.)

We are looking forward to the new brochure to be out in Sept. and will find another O cruise for sure.

We dislike long flights and unfortunately do not have points or cash to fly first class.

Have not posted here for awhile. Feels good to be back on O boards.

Wow, terrific rate, close to,half off the posted rate. Looking forward to meeting you and asking who your travel agent is!! See you in November on the riviera.

Wow, terrific rate, close to,half off the posted rate. Looking forward to meeting you and asking who your travel agent is!! See you in November on the riviera.

Indeed - we look forward to the cruise as well as meeting you.

Final payment is tomorrow :)

Archived