Partying

charw20

Thank you so much everyone again for your responses. I am very surprised how many are judging on here because I just wanted to be prepared for what my children may see. I tried to be very specific that I didn't care whether a person chose to drink or not, just wanted to be prepared. I am not at all trying to shelter my kids like others think. Once again thank you to the ones especially that just gave me an insight of what they may see so I can prepare them. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. People judge here, as people will do. I've found over the years that I can learn a ton of valuable information and that I can expect to be flamed now and then. It's just the way the beast works. ;)

It's always funny to see how the parents that try to shelter their kids from real life situations - in this case alcohol - are the ones whose kids are the first ones to go rebel and drink their heads off at the first chance.

Actually, both of my daughters (now out of college & grad school) have told us the same thing. It was almost always their friends who had lead very sheltered lives who were the ones to "go wild" their first year of freedom in college. :rolleyes:

The OP has the right to raise her children the way she feels is best for them and there's nothing wrong with that. She's concerned.

No, I see no reason why her children will be exposed to a bunch of drunks. People drinking - yes. Overserved - no.

She's with them and if the situation becomes uncomfortable to her for her family, she can simply move to a different location. It's a big ship.

LuLu

~~~~

I wouldn't worry too much about seeing too many drunk people. It's mostly a late night thing. If your kids do stay up late we always went up the big screen on the lido deck and had a family movie night. Pretty quiet up there.

However, during the day, all around the pools, your kids will see lots of hung-over people, sleeping it off under the bright Caribbean sun (if that's where you are going).

"Mommy, why hasn't that man moved in the last two hours?"

"And Daddy, why is he starting to look like a lobster?" :)

Archived