Erosion of Captains Club Benefits: Dining Waitlist

In_Steerage

A perspective from an Australian:

1 We love, and always choose, Select Dining

2 We love pre-paid gratuities

Tipping is not in our culture (thank heavens) so we just love to pay it upfront and it is part of the cost of the cruise as far as we are concerned.

Beryl

Tipping is not in our culture (thank heavens) so we just love to pay it upfront and it is part of the cost of the cruise as far as we are concerned.

Beryl

Admire your take on this. Party on!

Beryl

Hear, hear!

:)

I just booked a cruise that doesn't sail for almost 2 yrs from now. I asked for Select and so I had to pre-pay $360. in tips. I just don't get what the big deal is about this - like the interest on the $360. would amount to anything. I love the fact that it is just rolled into the cost, easy. And of course we are "those" people that will tip additional. If on the cruise if there is a service problem - that I will get to guest services and have the problem corrected but I doubt I would ever encounter a service issue big enough to make me have the tip removed.

I just booked a cruise that doesn't sail for almost 2 yrs from now. I asked for Select and so I had to pre-pay $360. in tips. I just don't get what the big deal is about this - like the interest on the $360. would amount to anything. I love the fact that it is just rolled into the cost, easy. And of course we are "those" people that will tip additional. If on the cruise if there is a service problem - that I will get to guest services and have the problem corrected but I doubt I would ever encounter a service issue big enough to make me have the tip removed.

The interest is minimal you are not prepaying now but when you pay your final balance. At current instant access deposit interest rates of 1% and you pay 2 months before would mean a max of 60 cents

Generally prepaid gratuities appear on the invoice, but are not collected until final payment. Are you sure you already forked over the cash for them...or just the usual deposit?

Archived