Genoa overnight pre Savona

Blondie008

Help! (I am hopeless - I posted this in roll calls duuuuuuuuh see what I mean!!)

I know I posted similar before but I still wasnt clear (being Blonde remember) - so trying again. (for the third time now waaahhhh)

Okay, we have flight going into Genoa -

We have booked a hotel (this has already been booked) in Genoa town

Next day, we sail from Savona.

Is Genoa town, further away from Savona port than the airport is?

If so how far?

I absolutely categorically do NOT do buses or trains. Me and PubLic transport dont get along - thats just not an option. There will be four of us going to the ship the next day. Do not want to do bus transfer. Must be private.

Would I have been better booking a hotel at the airport and going straight from there the next day? We had wanted a nicer more Italian flavour hotel and I got a 5 star in Genoa itself free on my avios.

Can anyone show me these three points on a map? I am struggling to establish which is where?

Distance between the three points.

Distance from Genoa airport to port, and Genoa town to port, which is closer to port of Savona, airport or town?

I think we can still change our booking altough at a cost of £25 so that will be taken into consideration.

Thoughts and ideas for taxi, cost etc..

THANK YOU!

Regards B

(PS I always put a capitol "L" in the word PubLic after one year running a print of 30,000 brochures and omitting the "L" :o

if you google map "Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport, Genoa, Province of Genoa, Italy" then zoom out four times you will be able to see all the points you are asking about.

costa should be running transfers from the genoa airport to savona. the airport is about 4 miles from downtown genoa. with 4 of you, though, a private transfer probably won't be much more than costa's.

A taxi from Genoa (town) to Savona will set you back about €125 but with four of you plus cruise luggage, you'd need a big taxi or minivan. Suggest you have your hotel book you one. From the Genoa airport, Savona is about 35 minutes to the WEST. Genoa city centre is maybe 15 minutes EAST of the airport. BTW, a taxi from the Genoa airport to city centre will cost about €25.

A taxi from Genoa (town) to Savona will set you back about €125 but with four of you plus cruise luggage, you'd need a big taxi or minivan. Suggest you have your hotel book you one. From the Genoa airport, Savona is about 35 minutes to the WEST. Genoa city centre is maybe 15 minutes EAST of the airport. BTW, a taxi from the Genoa airport to city centre will cost about €25.

Capri - thats spot on information thank you - exactly what I wanted to know. It does look like we would be better staying in an airport hotel. THANK YOU so much!

There's a nice Sheraton at the airport. You might consider moving directly to Savona and overnight at the NH Savona Darsena hotel. It's right next to the Costa cruise terminal so you can keep your room right up until you walk over to the terminal to check in for your cruise.

There's a nice Sheraton at the airport. You might consider moving directly to Savona and overnight at the NH Savona Darsena hotel. It's right next to the Costa cruise terminal so you can keep your room right up until you walk over to the terminal to check in for your cruise.

Thank you - actually, been thinking mybe we could head straight to Savona - thanks for the heads up! My only prob I think is I might lose my avios points, we booked a nice hotel in Genoa - and used a lot of points for it, will call them tomorrow - THANK YOU!!! When I search Savona on avios nothing comes up - but will weigh it all up.

Archived