Cruising with 17 month w/ out DH. Am I crazy?

Aelsantokie

I just booked a 8 night cruise, joining me will be my 17 month old son,11 yr old DD and 71 year old MIL. I have never cruised without my husband with a small child. I hope I can make it!! Anyone have done this before? Any tips?

There are quite a few of us here who travel alone with our kids. I agree with CB - if you can do it at home you can do it on a cruise. Except on a cruise someone else is doing ALL of the grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning, so it's much easier!

The stroller is the life-saver since it can hold your toddler while you wait in lines getting on and off the ship, and it's also acts as an extra set of hands to carry all the stuff you need - diaper bag, little amusements, snacks, etc. when you're in port or out and about on the ship.

Best,

Mia

I haven't done it on a cruise yet, but did to a land based Disney World vacation. It was a bit more stressful than normal just because I was primary caretaker with no relief all week but it still was a great vacation.Your other children are older and you have family along so it should be fine for you.

I haven't done it on a cruise yet, but did to a land based Disney World vacation. It was a bit more stressful than normal just because I was primary caretaker with no relief all week but it still was a great vacation.Your other children are older and you have family along so it should be fine for you.

I just returned from Disney with my 9month old. Kind of a mini warm up to our 8 day cruise in september. Originally other family was supposed to go on the cruise too, but it is looking more like it will just be the two of us. Oh well Im sure we will have a great time. Disney was tiring with it just being me, but it was great because it was more at a leisurely pace and my daughter seemed fascinated by all the new things to see. So Im hoping cruising will be just as managable :)

I never thought if it that way (I certainly watch him by myself at home) so it might be easier on a cruise without the cooking and other household chores!

I am almost tempted to do a review on this cruse but I am too lazy:p

I actually think it might be easier without the hubby along.

My kids are all grown, but thinking about it, if we had taken a little one with us on any of our cruises together, I think I might have spent some time wishing I could be doing some more grown-up things with him, instead of fully enjoying the relatively stress-free mommy-and-me time (without the cooking, cleaning, etc.)

Archived