What , no Royal Promanade on Quantum

loman

The RP on Oasis class is actually three decks high and the width and lenght is not at all comparable with the two deck space on Quantum...

This correct - it covers decks 5, 6 and 7. Central Park is on deck 8

I don't see an Aqua Theater or a Boleros. I, too, can't find an ice skating rink and will certainly miss the ice skating shows and dive shows.

They specifically stated no Ice Rink. They had to give up the space.

Also, I wouldn't expect a diving show from a ship sailing out of NY year round.

. . . I am still more annoyed that it appears there is no outdoor promenade.

From the renderings I have seen, it clearly looks like there is a much better outdoor promenade deck than what I have seen on Oasis videos [have not yet had the opportunity to sal that class]. They have moved the running track back upstairs, and there appears to be more area on the rail to look out to sea than what I call the tunnel through the lifeboats I have seen on Oasis.

I will concede that it looks like you will have to go inside to cross from one side to the other aft, and it is not clear to me if you will be able to use the helipad to go around forward. My guess is that the helipad will be restricted becuse of the way it appears on the renderings, but even as an outside lover, those are small issues to me.

The Royal Promenade design is a registered trademark of the shipyard in Finland. STX purchased that shipyard and also the St Nazaire shipyard in France, where Oasis 3 is being made, hence why they can build a ship with a promenade in France, but not in Germany. The Meyer Werft shipyard is in no way connected to STX.

Quantum is the highest denisty of any modern Royal Caribbean ship... as nice as Ice Skating Ricks and Promenades are, imagine how many cabins could fill all of that dead space.

Hi,

I am a little surprised that there is no Viking Crown Lounge. This has been a Royal Caribbean feature since the Song of Norway back in 1970. I have always liked spending time in the Viking Crown Lounge and enjoying the views over the ship. Apparently, you need to try the North Star for the great views (for only 15 minutes).

Chuck

Hi,

I am a little surprised that there is no Viking Crown Lounge. This has been a Royal Caribbean feature since the Song of Norway back in 1970. I have always liked spending time in the Viking Crown Lounge and enjoying the views over the ship. Apparently, you need to try the North Star for the great views (for only 15 minutes).

Chuck

I think they are replacing it with 270, but I also don't like that there is no Viking Crown. 270 has a ton of glass, but it isn't perched up high like the VC.

From the renderings I have seen, it clearly looks like there is a much better outdoor promenade deck than what I have seen on Oasis videos [have not yet had the opportunity to sal that class]. They have moved the running track back upstairs, and there appears to be more area on the rail to look out to sea than what I call the tunnel through the lifeboats I have seen on Oasis.

I will concede that it looks like you will have to go inside to cross from one side to the other aft, and it is not clear to me if you will be able to use the helipad to go around forward. My guess is that the helipad will be restricted becuse of the way it appears on the renderings, but even as an outside lover, those are small issues to me.

I was basing this on the deck plans. If you look at Deck 4, you will see that no promenade is indicated and rendered locations such as bathrooms and Diamond club go right to edge.

If you go to deck 5 you see where the lifeboats are

And deck 6 is full of balcony cabins, which are not listed as obstructed or partially obstructed.

Based on that information, it seems that there will be very little room to actually walk outside. But, looking at the CGI renderings, it does look like deck 6 is partially obstructed, so maybe there will be room to walk on deck 4/5.

However, that is where 270 is so there will be no walking to the stern of the ship either.

The cabins will be 9% larger than the cabins on the Oasis Class.

Except the spa junior suites are smaller than all other junior suites except for Vision class and about equal to Voyager class. Did they say "most staterooms are 9% larger"? I don't remember.

Gina

Except the spa junior suites are smaller than all other junior suites except for Vision class and about equal to Voyager class. Did they say "most staterooms are 9% larger"? I don't remember.

Gina

I just did a quick comparison on RCI's site with Freedom and Voyager class JS & GS cabins against QOS cabins. Freedom class are larger than Quantum's but Voyager are slightly smaller. So I'm not sure what they are talking about with regard to 9% larger, it's just not true in either case. Confused about their maketing???

I just did a quick comparison on RCI's site with Freedom and Voyager class JS & GS cabins against QOS cabins. Freedom class are larger than Quantum's but Voyager are slightly smaller. So I'm not sure what they are talking about with regard to 9% larger, it's just not true in either case. Confused about their maketing???

I guess since it's technically not the same class, it doesn't count. :)

I think it was just a few sq. ft. larger than Voyager class - some of which might vary among ships within the class, I don't know. I do know that Vision class has some pretty big differences of size within the same category depending on which ship you look at. But all Vision JS are much smaller. I was just in one on Rhapsody and it was just manageable in size but definitely felt smaller than the Radiance JS I had been in just days before.

Gina

I think it was just a few sq. ft. larger than Voyager class - some of which might vary among ships within the class, I don't know. I do know that Vision class has some pretty big differences of size within the same category depending on which ship you look at. But all Vision JS are much smaller. I was just in one on Rhapsody and it was just manageable in size but definitely felt smaller than the Radiance JS I had been in just days before.

Gina

We have stayed in Voyager class hump (Adventure & Explorer) JS' 9618 and I think it's even a little larger than a normal JS because it's on the hump. We had a JS close to the hump on Oasis and it was much smaller.

Gina

Quantum is the highest denisty of any modern Royal Caribbean ship... as

Now that is worrying as it suggests the bean counters have had too much influence.

When Oasis was announced I thought WOW! With Quantum I think so what.

. . . If you go to deck 5 you see where the lifeboats are . . .

You may want to go back and compare the deck plans with the renderings. It looks like a lot of room for walking and seagazing there. I recognize it deosn't have an outside walkway around the stern, but that is a minor issue to me.

One have to understand that jogging/running track does not exist on this ship. This is regular upper deck (correction: smaller than regular) upper deck with loungers.

Oasis class has a real jogging track that is a wrap-around promenade deck at the same time.

QOS (from the renderings) has neither promenade deck nor jogging track - same as the Solstice.

One have to understand that jogging/running track does not exist on this ship. This is regular upper deck (correction: smaller than regular) upper deck with loungers.

Oasis class has a real jogging track that is a wrap-around promenade deck at the same time.

QOS (from the renderings) has neither promenade deck nor jogging track - same as the Solstice.

No jogging track you say? It's right there in the normal place, upper deck. I heard it was too hot on the promenade deck on Oasis because the lifeboats block the breeze. Adam Goldstein of all people wouldn't let a ship out without a jogging track.

Check it out in this picture.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/quantum-experiences/

Gina

No jogging track you say? It's right there in the normal place, upper deck. I heard it was too hot on the promenade deck on Oasis because the lifeboats block the breeze. Adam Goldstein of all people wouldn't let a ship out without a jogging track.

Gina

The so called promenade deck on Oasis is a jogging track and yes it gets hot. Most of the views are blocked by the rescue vessels. There are a few spots on the side with views of the sea and the aft area that has some steamer chairs but it's not peaceful as you have walkers and runners steps away.

Gina

This is something painted on the floor.

There could have been painted "Golden Mines" - does not matter.

This is a gimmick.

This ship has no space for a jogging track.

Don't forget that QOS is a Solstice derivative.

"Jogging track" on the Solstice class:

euioh4.jpg

"A jogging track on a ship without promenade deck" - please refer to the Royal Princess design.

This is a gimmick.

euioh4.jpg

"A jogging track on a ship without promenade deck" - please refer to the Royal Princess design.

Same thing that I remember on the Voyager and Freedom class ships too. So what.,

This is a gimmick.

euioh4.jpg

Runners don't go out at mid day on a ship to jog. I see most of them there when I am - before the sun comes up or very soon thereafter. If there is anyone sitting on a lounger, which there usually isn't, they have a cup of coffee or a camera.

There is a jogging track. You're being silly.

Gina

This is a gimmick.

facepalm1.gif

It's right there, in the deck plans! Clearly labeled...all the way around deck 15 - "JOGGING TRACK".

Archived