What , no Royal Promanade on Quantum

loman

That is certainly a surprise . We really like the royal promanade . We liked watching it grow from the Voyager to the Liberty to the Oasis . Contrary to popular opinion , we didnt really like the Seranade because it was lacking this feature. I am not as exited to book now . Glad that RC has so many options to appease many. So we will be back to the Oasis , as this is still our favourite ship. I will probably book a cruise on the Quantum in the future , just not so soon.

cheers.

I read that there would be a variation of one, but not an actual promenade. I wonder if it may be multiple floors like a promenade, but maybe the bottom floor is open air to the promenade deck? From the deck plans, that looks possible.

There appears to be a promenade, albeit smaller than we've seen on the other classes. You kinda have to look back and forth between the plans for decks 4 and 5 to see it. Deck 5 appears to have open air spaces above the retail areas lining deck 4 mid ship. I'm assuming this will be promenade. Sorry if these come out huge:

deck-4.png?b820ee

deck-5.png?b820ee

There's a lot that hasn't been released yet, so we all need to just relax and wait until the entire plans are out. There's plenty of space on decks 4 and 5 that look like a RP, but as mentioned, RCI said it would not be like the traditional RP. We don't know what that means yet.

Edit....that's Grady. The deck plan looks similar to the way Solstice Class is set up wrt the retail shops.

It does look like maybe a kinda/sorta promenande, but certainly not like the other ships. Don't know that they could do parades and such from here

I think overall the ship looks great and am waiting to see the other reveals. But already we know we will be disappointed if there is on VC Lounge. If one comes to FL I am sure we will still sail her just to say we have been on that class. Will reserve judgement until we see all that is going to be offered on the ship.

I know we won't sail out of Bayonne unless we get invited to the pre-inaugural, so unless Anthem comes to Florida or San Juan, we won't be doing a week cruise on either of them.

There appears to be a promenade, albeit smaller than we've seen on the other classes. You kinda have to look back and forth between the plans for decks 4 and 5 to see it. Deck 5 appears to have open air spaces above the retail areas lining deck 4 mid ship. I'm assuming this will be promenade.

This is very much like the shopping areas on the Solstice Class and there are open areas. We enjoyed that on Equinox. Don't like that there is no Viking Crown or the Coney Island effects - bumper cars, etc..! The Celebrity Solstice style Sky Observation Lounge would have made an excellent Viking Crown!!!

highlight_sky_observation_lounge.jpg

I think if there was a genuine Royal Promenade, then it would be shown on the deck plans already, I seem to remember reading somewhere, that the RP comcept was patented or trademarked or something, by Aker Yards, now STX Finland, where all the ships with a RP were built.

I think its interesting that there are no inside cabins on the higher decks where the promenade cabins would be. That shows the ship is way narrower than the freedom class. Freedom class and Voyager class on the RP decks have 2 balcony rooms, 2 promenade rooms and the open air of the RP going across. QOS is only showing 2 balcony staterooms and the "open space", so a lot narrower or larger rooms.... hmmmmmm:confused:

There's a lot that hasn't been released yet, so we all need to just relax and wait until the entire plans are out. There's plenty of space on decks 4 and 5 that look like a RP, but as mentioned, RCI said it would not be like the traditional RP. We don't know what that means yet.

Edit....that's Grady. The deck plan looks similar to the way Solstice Class is set up wrt the retail shops.

I wouldnt call a two story open area a Royal Promenade, it is more like an Atrium, like on the Majesty/Monarch. Open area surrounded by shops.

I am still more annoyed that it appears there is no outdoor promenade.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Schooner Bar ends up in one of the "more to come" areas next to "Shore Excursions" or "Next Cruise".

The way its set up overlooking the promenade on Oasis/Allure is neat, and it would make sense if they replicate that on QoS.

Probably have some sort of promenade just not a boxy one.

So, anybody seen a Studio B Ice Rink on the Quantum?

I like those Ice shows!

:cool:

It doesn't look like there will be an Ice Rink on the Quantum. There will be a roller skating rink though.

it was told on the videos and the interviews afterwards that Ken Rush and the other young lady Barbara were giving that the rooms were actually larger than on the Oasis and the Allure....

The cabins will be 9% larger than the cabins on the Oasis Class.

The narrow cabin decks allows for additional decks with cabins. The hull itself is as wide or wider than Explorer etc.

There will be no RP on the Quantum, but the two deck spaces on deck 4-5 could with good design become a great replacement. Let's wait and see the renderings and the ideas behind it.

I wouldnt call a two story open area a Royal Promenade, it is more like an Atrium, like on the Majesty/Monarch. Open area surrounded by shops.

I am still more annoyed that it appears there is no outdoor promenade.

The RP on Oasis/Allure is only two decks high.

The RP on Oasis class is actually three decks high and the width and lenght is not at all comparable with the two deck space on Quantum...

I for one don't care about the promenade and I think the ship and the cruises will be a great experience, but was expecting something completely different structurally so I'm disappointed regarding that. What I miss is the RVC...

Archived