What , no Royal Promanade on Quantum

loman

Whatever!

So....what were we talking about? Oh yes...no Promenade. I suspect based on the announcement and the fact that there sure looks to be a lot of empty space down the midship area that something promenade-ish will be there without doubt.

One have to understand that jogging/running track does not exist on this ship. This is regular upper deck (correction: smaller than regular) upper deck with loungers.

Oasis class has a real jogging track that is a wrap-around promenade deck at the same time.

QOS (from the renderings) has neither promenade deck nor jogging track - same as the Solstice.

LOL we are clearly looking at different deck plans and renderings.

Some just try to spend their time tearing down ships. Check their posting history and then place them on virtual ignore. Trust me, it will save you a few headaches.;)

Good advice!

That is certainly a surprise . We really like the royal promanade . We liked watching it grow from the Voyager to the Liberty to the Oasis . Contrary to popular opinion , we didnt really like the Seranade because it was lacking this feature. I am not as exited to book now . Glad that RC has so many options to appease many. So we will be back to the Oasis , as this is still our favourite ship. I will probably book a cruise on the Quantum in the future , just not so soon.

cheers.

I Agree - whilst there is what looks to be an evolution of the promenade in the middle of the ship, I'll miss the ideas that have been developed up to now.

I'll definitely be booking Quantum ... but I think my heard may still stay with the rest of the fleet ;)

It was interesting to see Promenade for the first timr, but do not find it to be a mandatory attribute for a ship. Several floors of clubs and lounges are fine.

The so called promenade deck on Oasis is a jogging track and yes it gets hot. Most of the views are blocked by the rescue vessels. There are a few spots on the side with views of the sea and the aft area that has some steamer chairs but it's not peaceful as you have walkers and runners steps away.

I guess I'll have to do my jogging on the Quantum class ships early in the morning before the track is blocked by people and pool chairs.

Like the jogging track on deck 5 of the Oasis class beacuse I didn't have to worry about the weather or hot sun beating down on me. The silver lining here is that I'll have nice scenery to look at - no lifeboats blocking the view.

. . . Like the jogging track on deck 5 of the Oasis class beacuse I didn't have to worry about the weather or hot sun beating down on me. . .

But a lot of people who like the outdoor promenade complained that it was essentially a non-entity on Oasis because most of the views were blocked by life boats and they had to contend with runners. It seems to me that this is a compromise trying to accommodate those who want to run outside with those who want to walk the promenade deck and sea gaze. It appears there will still be lifeboat obstructions but not to the extent found on Oasis. I understand what you mean about the loungers. That has been a complaint on all the ships [isn't that most of them?] with the running track on the upper decks. But when I run outside, the hot sun isn't that big of a concern to me. After all, I am going out there with the expectation to get hot and sweaty. If it is really hot, maybe I will need quit earlier. On a vacation, that doesn't seem like a problem to me.

There appears to be a promenade, albeit smaller than we've seen on the other classes. You kinda have to look back and forth between the plans for decks 4 and 5 to see it. Deck 5 appears to have open air spaces above the retail areas lining deck 4 mid ship. I'm assuming this will be promenade. Sorry if these come out huge:

deck-4.png?b820ee

deck-5.png?b820ee

Hey there fellow Ocalian......how did you post such a LARGE print......what's the secret.

Oh, and we live in SE City Limits area.......... :) We're Church @ The Springs folks........

Well...judging from this thread and a few others, it's going to be an interesting 18 months+ until the ship sails for the first time and we all get to see what she actually looks like!

I think it was stated that some of the cabins would be 9% larger than Oasis-class cabins. Have you seen those balcony cabins? Tiny! (Although our JS was wonderful.)

Meanwhile, I'll get my popcorn and sit back and enjoy the show!

. . .

I think it was stated that some of the cabins would be 9% larger than Oasis-class cabins. Have you seen those balcony cabins? Tiny! (Although our JS was wonderful.) . . .

I beleive the Oasis cabins are smaller than the Freedom/Voyager sizes. Not sure by how much but seems we are getting back to where we were. I liked the sizes on the Freedoms, so i think that is a good thing.

And please share your popcorn with the rest of us.

I don't see an Aqua Theater or a Boleros. I, too, can't find an ice skating rink and will certainly miss the ice skating shows and dive shows.

Perhaps they will have the shows in the SeaPlex with performers on roller skates/blades instead?

Maybe I'm too new at this, but am amazed at how many "glass half empty" people there are. Only 4 days in and already a bunch of nay sayers...

I am looking forward to new and exciting. Sure, it'll be hard to top Allure, but it's gonna be a fun several months figuring it all out. I personally can't wait to find out the pricing to see how much I can't afford... I imagine the loft suites are gonna be unattainable since there are only a few of them and they look huge!!

:rolleyes:

Hey there fellow Ocalian......how did you post such a LARGE print......what's the secret.

Oh, and we live in SE City Limits area.......... :) We're Church @ The Springs folks........

Hello neighbor.

I just copy/pasted directly from RCI's website. I don't know how to resize them, so that's the native resolution.

The first Royal prom type 'street' in

the middle of a ship appeared on a Ferry, pre-Royal Caribbean.

And I beleive that that ferry was built by Aker Yards, who hold the rights to it, Aker Yards is now owned by STX.

Archived