money bar question

CENTEX CRUISER

One more question about the Money Bar & the dive/snorkel shop: I have all my own snorkel gear for me and the rest of the family but was thinking that it might be much easier if I carry just the mask/snorkel and rent fins. Does the dive/snorkel shop rent just fins? If so, do I have to worry about them being "all rented out" by the time we get there? Just trying to figure out if I want to lug around the fins or just the mask/snorkel. It would be much easier not to have to lug the fins around with us.

One more question about the Money Bar & the dive/snorkel shop: I have all my own snorkel gear for me and the rest of the family but was thinking that it might be much easier if I carry just the mask/snorkel and rent fins. Does the dive/snorkel shop rent just fins? If so, do I have to worry about them being "all rented out" by the time we get there? Just trying to figure out if I want to lug around the fins or just the mask/snorkel. It would be much easier not to have to lug the fins around with us.

We only carry our masks and snorkels and rent fins and vests and have never had an issue with them bein rented out. Good luck!:)

I've never seen is so busy that all is "rented out". Have fun!

We love the MoneyBar. It's easy in and out of the water and the snorkeling is pretty decent. Buy some food and drinks while you are there as a courtesy to use a table. We used their parasailing last time and DW and I were the only ones on the boat, so we got a little extra time.

They have VERY nice and clean restrooms.

The one caution I would give you is that when you rent anything, they take your money AND your photo ID. If this makes you uncomfortable, make sure you come with 2 forms of ID so in case one goes missing, you can get back on the ship. I'd rather lose my DL than my passport in a foreign country.

We're going to try a massage this time.

We love the MoneyBar. It's easy in and out of the water and the snorkeling is pretty decent. Buy some food and drinks while you are there as a courtesy to use a table. We used their parasailing last time and DW and I were the only ones on the boat, so we got a little extra time.

They have VERY nice and clean restrooms.

The one caution I would give you is that when you rent anything, they take your money AND your photo ID. If this makes you uncomfortable, make sure you come with 2 forms of ID so in case one goes missing, you can get back on the ship. I'd rather lose my DL than my passport in a foreign country.

We're going to try a massage this time.

I'm gonna be coming from a cruise. The only thing I'm gonna bring is my sea pass and cash. Why do they take an ID?? If I pay stuff in full with cash. I feel really uncomfortable if they take my passport. That's good to know...thank u.. I guess it's Chankanaab for me then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm gonna be coming from a cruise. The only thing I'm gonna bring is my sea pass and cash. Why do they take an ID?? If I pay stuff in full with cash. I feel really uncomfortable if they take my passport. That's good to know...thank u.. I guess it's Chankanaab for me then

They take your driver's license or passport to ensure that you do not forget to return the rental gear (and my non-snorkeling spouse said it would also make it easier to identify your "post Jaws" remains :eek:). Suspect you will find the same thing if you rent gear at Chank.

Good luck! :)

Seems like every port is different, but you might want to make sure you can get back on the ship without bringing a government ID along. I seem to recall that in Cozumel, they do ask for your S&S card and an ID.

Archived