Tux rental questions

Mrs Booboo

We've done the tux rental a couple of times, but I can't remember some of the specifics:

1) Is the tux in your room as soon as you board?

2) Do they collect the tux after the 2nd formal night or at the end of the cruise? (If they do after 2nd formal night, would still have to bring nice shoes for the remainder)

3) Can you rent just the shoes?

4) Would the rental shoes be too dressy for the casual nights (with khaki or black docker-type pants)?

As you can tell, trying to avoid bringing dress shoes for hubby - they take up so much space (and are heavy) and we're trying to minimize luggage size.

We've done the tux rental a couple of times, but I can't remember some of the specifics:

2) Do they collect the tux after the 2nd formal night or at the end of the cruise? (If they do after 2nd formal night, would still have to bring nice shoes for the remainder)

4) Would the rental shoes be too dressy for the casual nights (with khaki or black docker-type pants)?

As you can tell, trying to avoid bringing dress shoes for hubby - they take up so much space (and are heavy) and we're trying to minimize luggage size.

Hi,

1) The tux is usually there on the day you board. Maybe not when you first board, but sometime that day.

2) Your cabin steward will leave a notice after the last formal night that they'll want to collect the tux. Just bag everything up in the garment bag and leave it on your bed when you leave your cabin. It will be picked up the next time the steward comes by. I usually do this the day after the last formal to create more hanging space in the closet. They want everything at one time, shoes included.

3) It is possible to rent just the shoes. Looks like today's price is $15 for the length of the cruise: http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/?c=pcl

4) I wouldn't wear the shoes w/ khaki's myself. The shoes are patent plastic. A bit out of place w/ casual attire, but that's just me. Remember though, you probably won't see the other passengers again. ;)

Joel

Hi,

1) The tux is usually there on the day you board. Maybe not when you first board, but sometime that day.

2) Your cabin steward will leave a notice after the last formal night that they'll want to collect the tux. Just bag everything up in the garment bag and leave it on your bed when you leave your cabin. It will be picked up the next time the steward comes by. I usually do this the day after the last formal to create more hanging space in the closet. They want everything at one time, shoes included.

3) It is possible to rent just the shoes. Looks like today's price is $15 for the length of the cruise: http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/?c=pcl

4) I wouldn't wear the shoes w/ khaki's myself. The shoes are patent plastic. A bit out of place w/ casual attire, but that's just me. Remember though, you probably won't see the other passengers again. ;)

Joel

My husband just wears his Merrels or Rockports with his khakis. That way we don't bring dress shoes for him since we get the tux package.

I've used the rental service exclusively in my six Princess cruises http://www.cruiselineformal.com/. The tux is in your cabin when you board. Make sure you try it on well before the first formal night to ensure it fits well. As a previous poster stated, there will be a note in your cabin after the last formal night reminding you the tux needs to be ready for pick up. You can rent the dress shoes by themselves. On my recently cruise on the Sapphire, I actually forgot to order shoes when I ordered my tux pre cruise. I was able to order the shoes ($15.00) fro the passenger services desk. The dress shoes are the "high glossy" type and IMHO, they would look kind of funny with smart casual clothes.....:):):)

Bob

Archived