New Webcam ~ Port Bermuda

emmy

I have been watching this, and only got sound for a little while yesterday morning. Do they control the sound, when someone is operating the webcam? I noticed that sometimes it stays stationary for long times, like last night, on the construction area of the wharf. I am hoping to be able to dock at the new wharf, May 12th, on NCL Dawn, but not so sure we will be able to. Tendering doesnt bother me, I have done it before, but certainly would be nicer to just come and go more easily.

Right now the webcam is panning. As they get closer to sail away the webcam operators will take control of the camera and zoom in for close views and to follow the ship or any other interesting things that might be going on.

The sound is always on. To your left of the header Port Bermuda webcam is a volume control. Make sure it is on. Hope this helps :)

here is a capture where it is located.

920117_10151400161881693_1523305680_o.jpg

Edited by emmy

I was able to get the sound working!!! :) Now I am hearing all sorts of banging, and that makes me excited that the dock/wharf will be done for us coming in May 12th!! Last night it appeared that they were welding and busy late into the evening. I am wondering if this construction noise is very loud to the people walking around dockyard, or sitting on the ship. That would not be enjoyable if it goes on all day long, while folks are trying to enjoy relaxing on board the ship.

There was a lull in the ships into Port Bermuda the last week but the cruising 'season' is starting up again for Bermuda She's back again! Print screen capture off the webcam this morning as Explorer of the Seas arrived:)

921263_10151412858626693_1991505173_o.jpg

Edited by emmy

FYI...although the webcam is called "Port Bermuda", there is really no place with that name. It's Bermuda...and the webcam itself is located in the Royal Naval Dockyard. The operators of the webcam just seem to have made up a name.

Yes beautiful Bermuda. :) I was referring to the name chosen by PTZtv for their latest webcam.

Emmy,

Love the Bermuda webcam and leave it on just about all the time.

Just caught a gentleman speaking from the Commissioner's House about Bermuda and the surroundings. He said to let him know how we liked this and should this be a feature every day at about 9:30 am Bermuda time.

Well I think this is a great idea as it would keep us up to date about what's going on that day in Bermuda. I missed who he was and how to contact him so if you would please pass this along. Thank you.

Emmy,

Love the Bermuda webcam and leave it on just about all the time.

Just caught a gentleman speaking from the Commissioner's House about Bermuda and the surroundings. He said to let him know how we liked this and should this be a feature every day at about 9:30 am Bermuda time.

Well I think this is a great idea as it would keep us up to date about what's going on that day in Bermuda. I missed who he was and how to contact him so if you would please pass this along. Thank you.

You are welcome Pat. Sadly I missed Andrew Harris's little hello greeting this morning. Hope to catch it again another day.

As I type the chimes are going off on the clock tower!!

Here is a screen shot of what is visible on the cam right now. Sometimes it is just flags and sometimes it is a close up of the passengers walking off the ship. Are there controls that I am missing? When my daughter went to college there was a "hi mom" cam outside the bookstore that you could control from your home computer. When she stood near the right bench I could zoom right in on her! Loved it! Is this one random or s someone zooming in for us?366699046_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1367788890.865712.jpg.72f436ae5ebf4580a2f6c152da144c5c.jpg

Here is a screen shot of what is visible on the cam right now. Sometimes it is just flags and sometimes it is a close up of the passengers walking off the ship. Are there controls that I am missing? When my daughter went to college there was a "hi mom" cam outside the bookstore that you could control from your home computer. When she stood near the right bench I could zoom right in on her! Loved it! Is this one random or s someone zooming in for us?[ATTACH]270236[/ATTACH]

The webcam cannot be controlled by viewers. It is controlled remotely by the team from PTZtv. http://www.ptztv.com/

Sometimes they have the webcam set to pan the port area. Other times they will take control to zoom in on things of interest and especially when the ships are arriving and departing.

The webcam in Bermuda that located at the National Museum of Bermuda located at the dockyard.

Nice addition to the other webcams this team manage. This one has been active/live about 2-3 weeks so far.

The webcam cannot be controlled by viewers. It is controlled remotely by the team from PTZtv. http://www.ptztv.com/

Sometimes they have the webcam set to pan the port area. Other times they will take control to zoom in on things of interest and especially when the ships are arriving and departing.

The webcam in Bermuda that located at the National Museum of Bermuda located at the dockyard.

Nice addition to the other webcams this team manage. This one has been active/live about 2-3 weeks so far.

Thank you for the info. I looked all over the page for controls. At least I'm not nuts! Lol. Love this webcam!

When I go to www.portbermudawebcam.com it shows a video titled Port Bermuda Webcam Tour 4-19-2013. I never see a live feed. Is there something else that I need to do to get the live feed to show?

You have the correct link because before I wrote this, I tested it out, and went to viewing the what the web cam was showing at that time. There is nothing else for you to do.

I wish I could be of more help; just be patient and it may resolve itself.

SBtS

You have the correct link because before I wrote this, I tested it out, and went to viewing the what the web cam was showing at that time. There is nothing else for you to do.

I wish I could be of more help; just be patient and it may resolve itself.

SBtS

Thank you. I guess I will just keep checking it and hopefully I will be able to see it soon.

This link has always worked for me; perhaps you could use a different web browser.

It did work in another browser. I hadn't really thought of trying a different browser because all of the other cameras on that site seem to work fine in the browser I was using.

Thanks!! :)

Just heard an announcement that they will be firing a cannon :eek: in about an hour 9:00 Bermuda time/8:00 Eastern as practice for the arrival ceremony for the Breakaway on Wednesday.

Can't wait to see on this wonderful webcam what Bermuda has planned for Wednesday!

Just heard an announcement that they will be firing a cannon :eek: in about an hour 9:00 Bermuda time/8:00 Eastern as practice for the arrival ceremony for the Breakaway on Wednesday.

Can't wait to see on this wonderful webcam what Bermuda has planned for Wednesday!

It worked!!!:D