Review of our 2013 Spring Break Carnival Breeze Cruise

PaulMedik

I so loved this review! I also enjoyed your photos. I do this same itinerary in October and I'm really pumped now.

I have all of my excursions planned. I'd really love to jetski or parasail, but my mother will be with me on this cruise and she won't do either of those, and she's protective, so she won't allow me to either!!!!!:eek::rolleyes::(

As much as you stated your children's name (I remember some of them, but I don't think I'm going to put the right name to your son who recently graduated)...I just wanted to say that I think he may have a shot in the modeling industry. That's just my opinion.

I was tired when I began reading this review on Wednesday but I made it to page 10 before falling asleep with my laptop in my lap. Then I read more Thursday night and I was too pooped on Friday; I went straight to bed. But I just finished today (Saturday).

I'm glad I discovered your review; it was hidden on page 5 or 6 of the board.

Again, I say thank you for the awesome review!!!!!!

p.s. You have a handsome family and you and your wife have great, big hearts to take another person's child on vacation with you.

I so loved this review! I also enjoyed your photos. I do this same itinerary in October and I'm really pumped now.

I have all of my excursions planned. I'd really love to jetski or parasail' date=' but my mother will be with me on this cruise and she won't do either of those, and she's protective, so she won't allow me to either!!!!!:eek::rolleyes::(

As much as you stated your children's name (I remember some of them, but I don't think I'm going to put the right name to your son who recently graduated)...I just wanted to say that I think he may have a shot in the modeling industry. That's just my opinion.

I was tired when I began reading this review on Wednesday but I made it to page 10 before falling asleep with my laptop in my lap. Then I read more Thursday night and I was too pooped on Friday; I went straight to bed. But I just finished today (Saturday).

I'm glad I discovered your review; it was hidden on page 5 or 6 of the board.

Again, I say thank you for the awesome review!!!!!!

p.s. You have a handsome family and you and your wife have great, big hearts to take another person's child on vacation with you.[/quote']

Leo's Rule,

Thank you.

I'm not sure whether I'll mention modeling to Bryson.....:p

hey paul another great review, very much enjoyed reading it (slowly) and finally hit the end.

very interested to see your take on pride, as i enjoyed your take on destiny, the other ship we've both been on. i had always wondered why you hadn't been on the closer to home ship in pride yet :)

regardless, a very compelling review to have me try that ship soon, though magic is next on my wish list lol. looking forward to the next as always. all the best to you and the family.

Our driver took us right up to the beach and hooked us up with the young lady on the left;

Our host for the day provided us with chairs, umbrella, and throughout the day arranged for our various water activities. When I say 'arranged' I mean she provided info, contacted the individual companies, kept us informed of times, arranged to have us picked up right on the beach in front of our chairs, and collected the fund$ which in every instance were discounted from the listed prices.

She gave us a card with a list of everything available on the beach as well as how much the co$ts were and I apparently lost it..........

Hi Paul

Hope your still answering questions;). First i just wanted to say that this review is awesome, and we are getting excited to go on the Breeze next April:D

We would like to go to palm beach like you all did, do all the taxi's know where to find the hostes that helped you all out? Do you remember how much the chairs under an umbrella cost? My DH would like to know if you remember how much the water jet pack cost too?

Thanks in advance. And if you don't remember the $$ that's fine;)

[quote name='falkcor']hey paul another great review, very much enjoyed reading it (slowly) and finally hit the end.

very interested to see your take on pride, as i enjoyed your take on destiny, the other ship we've both been on. i had always wondered why you hadn't been on the closer to home ship in pride yet :)

regardless, a very compelling review to have me try that ship soon, though magic is next on my wish list lol. looking forward to the next as always. all the best to you and the family.[/quote]

Mark,

Thank you.

Your Pride review was the first place I looked when she popped up on our radar! ;)

[quote name='planningdiva']Hi Paul

Hope your still answering questions;). First i just wanted to say that this review is awesome, and we are getting excited to go on the Breeze next April:D

We would like to go to palm beach like you all did, do all the taxi's know where to find the hostes that helped you all out? Do you remember how much the chairs under an umbrella cost? My DH would like to know if you remember how much the water jet pack cost too?

Thanks in advance. And if you don't remember the $$ that's fine;)[/quote]

planningdiva,

Thank you.

The chairs were either $6 or $8 each.

If you request the public beach to the left of the Hyatt you'll run right into our rental lady.

The JetPack was $189 for 45min which included 15min of instruction. Make sure you speak with them when you first arrive because they book up early and just hold the first couple of slots for walk ins.

Just read your trip report and loved it! Your commentary alone is HILARIOUS! You seem like someone I could hang out with on board... and your pics are fabulous.

But I shouldnt have read this just makes me want to book a cruise on this asap now.. if only hubbys schedual permitted us to.. hmm may need to think about just ditching him and going with kids after indulging in your review LMAO. Im sure he will be fine with that right..?LOL

[quote name='anewmac']Just read your trip report and loved it! Your commentary alone is HILARIOUS! You seem like someone I could hang out with on board... and your pics are fabulous.

But I shouldnt have read this just makes me want to book a cruise on this asap now.. if only hubbys schedual permitted us to.. hmm may need to think about just ditching him and going with kids after indulging in your review LMAO. Im sure he will be fine with that right..?LOL[/quote]

Drea,

Thank you.

I'm sure he'd be fine with that; just emphasize how relaxed you'll be when you return home...:cool:

planningdiva,

Thank you.

The chairs were either $6 or $8 each.

If you request the public beach to the left of the Hyatt you'll run right into our rental lady.

The JetPack was $189 for 45min which included 15min of instruction. Make sure you speak with them when you first arrive because they book up early and just hold the first couple of slots for walk ins.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info Paul. Much appreciated :D

[quote name='dopeyfanatic']Loved your review! It's definitely helping me lean towards the Breeze...though I'm also thinking a cruise out of NY would be awesome as well. :)[/quote]

dopeyfanatic,

Thank you.

Lean on into her; she'll exceed your expectations. :cool:

Hello Paul, Thank you for your many hours of labor posting your Breeze vacation. We are going on the Breeze in March and have booked 9201 4J cat. on thr front of ship. After reviewing your pictures of decks 5 and 6 forward through the secret door, we may need to change to deck 6. Your review was the first time I actually saw what the decks forward look like. Wow I'm impressed with 5 and 6. I don't have a clue what deck 9 looks like but since it's right over the bridge, I think it might be smaller. We're neighbors living right down I64 from you in Barboursville. If you or one of the boys just happened to be on deck 9 forward and know which deck is best, please let me know the one to choose. Thank you. Sonja

[quote name='Brier Rabbit']Hello Paul, Thank you for your many hours of labor posting your Breeze vacation. We are going on the Breeze in March and have booked 9201 4J cat. on thr front of ship. After reviewing your pictures of decks 5 and 6 forward through the secret door, we may need to change to deck 6. Your review was the first time I actually saw what the decks forward look like. Wow I'm impressed with 5 and 6. I don't have a clue what deck 9 looks like but since it's right over the bridge, I think it might be smaller. We're neighbors living right down I64 from you in Barboursville. If you or one of the boys just happened to be on deck 9 forward and know which deck is best, please let me know the one to choose. Thank you. Sonja[/quote]

Sonja,

Thank you neighbor!

I went up there and took pics and have no clue where I stored them.....I've looked and can't find them. :o I suspect Britt may have borrowed the SD card for his camera and he may have formatted because they aren't in his pics either.... His SD card failed and the timing for our first ever SD card failure wasn't good. :mad:

Deck 9 forward deck is smaller than deck 6, but location relative to what your plans are would make a difference. Deck 6 would give you direct access via one flight of stairs to the Lanai of course to interiors attractions on deck 5 just one deck down. Deck 9 would put you one deck below the sun decks and buffet restaurants.

Personally I'd opt for deck 6 simply because of easy access to Lanai and slightly larger forward deck.

Incidentally we never saw anyone on the forward areas. I'm sure there are times where people are on the front decks, but the times we were there we were alone. :)

[quote name='jimbo5544']Paul, make any decisions on next spring now that ship placements are out?[/quote]

Jim,

Pride April 13 out of Baltimore and kinda hoping we don't really like the drive to port option since it won't be available much longer....:o

[quote name='PaulMedik']Jim,

Pride April 13 out of Baltimore and kinda hoping we don't really like the drive to port option since it won't be available much longer....:o[/QUOTE]

We did that cruise 2 years ago April break. Very nice cruise and only a four hour drive four us. Getting a vista suite?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='jimbo5544']We did that cruise 2 years ago April break. Very nice cruise and only a four hour drive four us. Getting a vista suite?

[/quote]

Jim,

We booked the deck 8 aft wrap starboard side. It's not as large as the deck 4 options, but deck 4 doesn't get as much sun and I need sun!

I was amazed that all aft wraps were available when we booked.

Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport are our stops. I booked a cabana on HMC right after I booked our room. :cool:

[quote name='PaulMedik']Jim,

We booked the deck 8 aft wrap starboard side. It's not as large as the deck 4 options, but deck 4 doesn't get as much sun and I need sun!

I was amazed that all aft wraps were available when we booked.

Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport are our stops. I booked a cabana on HMC right after I booked our room. :cool:[/QUOTE]

We are on the splendor 8/13. We have a small group and have one of the double decker cabanas on HMC. Not where I wanted to be (they are down the other end) but it works as there is a bunch of us.

The cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore was really enjoyable. Love the Spirit class. Nice serenity area..... With a pool.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My DW and I haven't been on cc very long so this was our first time checking out one of your reviews. I now see why so many people rave about them. We have thoroughly enjoyed it. We are taking this same cruise on the Breeze 04/12/14. We started cruising later than some but wished we had started sooner. We are in our 50's and we are doing a 7 day on the pride out of Baltimore 11/17/13. Our first cruise was on the Liberty and we loved it. Butch was our cruise director and he is still our favorite so far. I have heard that he is now on the Breeze. Is that true?

[quote name='jimbo5544']We are on the splendor 8/13. We have a small group and have one of the double decker cabanas on HMC. Not where I wanted to be (they are down the other end) but it works as there is a bunch of us.

The cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore was really enjoyable. Love the Spirit class. Nice serenity area..... With a pool.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

Jim,

I thought about getting a double decker, but I like the sun deck with fan on the cabanas; the double deckers would be perfect if they had sun decks.

[quote name='A/CLarry1']My DW and I haven't been on cc very long so this was our first time checking out one of your reviews. I now see why so many people rave about them. We have thoroughly enjoyed it. We are taking this same cruise on the Breeze 04/12/14. We started cruising later than some but wished we had started sooner. We are in our 50's and we are doing a 7 day on the pride out of Baltimore 11/17/13. Our first cruise was on the Liberty and we loved it. Butch was our cruise director and he is still our favorite so far. I have heard that he is now on the Breeze. Is that true?[/quote]

A/CLarry1,

Thank you.

Regardless of when you started it's good to hear you enjoyed it!

I think I read that Butch is back on Breeze now, but it's hard to tell who will be there next April; they tend to swap them around quite a bit even after their schedules come out.

Hello Neighbor, I have read through your review twice now and it's the next best thing to being there! I had no idea the Breeze is so beautiful until I saw your pictures. You did an amazing job with this review. Thanks for info on the forward rooms, We really would like deck 10 and may check around final payment time to see if any become available. My husband and I have had 8268 Vista Suites on three different sailings on the Legend and Miracle. He doesn't want to go if we can't get one so I'm looking at the Spring 2015 Pride sailing out of Tampa. My friend is retiring this year and I have been semi retired for seven years so we are going on the Breeze 2014 to celebrate her retirement. I believe your cabin is like 8268 and is a two room suite and like you we enjoy the sun. Always lots of sun here

[quote name='Brier Rabbit']Hello Neighbor, I have read through your review twice now and it's the next best thing to being there! I had no idea the Breeze is so beautiful until I saw your pictures. You did an amazing job with this review. Thanks for info on the forward rooms, We really would like deck 10 and may check around final payment time to see if any become available. My husband and I have had 8268 Vista Suites on three different sailings on the Legend and Miracle. He doesn't want to go if we can't get one so I'm looking at the Spring 2015 Pride sailing out of Tampa. My friend is retiring this year and I have been semi retired for seven years so we are going on the Breeze 2014 to celebrate her retirement. I believe your cabin is like 8268 and is a two room suite and like you we enjoy the sun. Always lots of sun here[/quote]

Brier Rabbit,

Thanks again!

We had a deck 4 vista suite on Legend a few years back and enjoyed it, but I'm really looking forward to not having as much of an overhang (Less overhang equals more sun!). Having two rooms is nice, but the deck is what I really look forward too (other people call it a balcony....).

[quote name='Lady N Red']LOVED IT I loved your review of the Breeze. It is also my favorite ship. I sailed her in Jan ,2013, cabin 11224 and plan on returning Dec 1, 2013 cabin 11260 and Feb 2014. I can hardly wait.. :)[/quote]

Lady N Red,

Thank you.

Two Breeze sailings before my Pride sailing? That's NOT FAIR! :D

Bon Voyage!