Faster to the Fun?

I just signed onto my acount for the Freedom departing May 12 from Ft. Lauderdale. Can't find any reference to the FTTF option. Where do you purchase this, or should I call?

Edited by BalzacBill

I just signed onto my acount for the Freedom departing May 12 from Ft. Lauderdale. Can't find any reference to the FTTF option. Where do you purchase this, or should I call?

When I purchased it was under activities/excursions. From what I understand they only sell a certain amount and that's it.

1912544305_ImageUploadedByCruiseCriticForums1366658163.364877.jpg.a82d6034fab7b39f0393bee845752337.jpg

Hi,

I bought it for my next cruise. How will the crew know you have priority tender boarding? Is there something on your sail and sign card? Or do they just take your word for it?

Thanks in advance!

Caro

Her is what they put on the back of your S&S card.

You go to shore excursions and it is under the home port for the 1st day. So yours would be under Ft Laud for May 12.

It worked well for us in November on the Triumph. Got on immediately...dropped our stuff off in the room and were able to go to the Lido and eat without lugging around bags. Luggage was there right when we came back from lunch. They actually put it in our room...not in the hall. We always do self assist so they let us go in the Platinum area to get off the ship. We were the first ones off the ship. It worked so well that I have already bought it for our Sept. cruise on the Triumph.:D

We just got off Paradise Saturday and we had fttf. We got on the ship fast and went right to the room but the room wasn't ready. We just left our bags and went to get something to eat. When we came back the room was done and the rest of the luggage was there. There was no line to tender in Grand Cayman so it didn't help there. There was never a line at guest services so it didn't help there. We got priority getting off the ship. They put you in the same location as Diamond and Platinum. So that was good. Was it worth the money? I would say yes. I look at it like an insurance policy against long lines.

Robert

[ATTACH]268783[/ATTACH]

Her is what they put on the back of your S&S card.

Hi,

Thanks!! For me, I am sailing solo, so I really like the idea of being able to board as quickly as possible, and being able to drop off my bags right way in my cabin.

Caro

Edited by caro1998
Typo

Sorry but I have a silly questions about FTTF and getting into room early. Aren't there doors that close off the room corridors while the stewards are still getting rooms ready? Do you just go through the closed doors to your room if you have FTTP?

Sorry but I have a silly questions about FTTF and getting into room early. Aren't there doors that close off the room corridors while the stewards are still getting rooms ready? Do you just go through the closed doors to your room if you have FTTP?

There will be a sign that states the area is closed UNLESS you are Platinum, FTTF, etc. You can go around and if they ask, just show them your card! :-)

There will be a sign that states the area is closed UNLESS you are Platinum, FTTF, etc. You can go around and if they ask, just show them your card! :-)

That's the only reason I'm not annoyed at the FTTF program. As Platinum cruisers we now have the benefit of getting rid of our carry-on luggage when we board.

On Carnival, unless you have this program, you can't get into your room until 3?? Why so late?

I never heard of that -- as long as the previous cruise wasn't delayed for some reason, we've found 1:30 or so to be the norm.

it really depends on what time you get to the terminal, etc. usually our rooms have been ready around 130-3. each ship leaves around an hour apart from one another at the ports. So, depending on boarding time and how many people are left straggling I would say aorund 1:30-3 . Just get there early and see what they say.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thank you!! This is the main reason we wanted FTTF, to get to the room early to drop off our carry-ons.