Melbourne Cup Cruise - 2014

Hi all

Friends are interested in a Melbourne Cup Cruise next year.

So far, I've only been able to find details of the 2 P&O ships.

Does anyone know if other lines offer this option?

Thanks - Gae

Heres a copy of the Melbourne Cruise Ship Schedules for this year and next. Looks like the same 3 ships at the moment..

19mel_zps2e9217e4.jpg

19mel2_zps8c305787.jpg

Thanks David for going to the trouble to find this for me!

I've also found that NRMA is offering discounts for members to next year's cup with P&O.

Gae

It's always been P&O(or associated) since time immemorial.

Basically the Aussie based line as quite rightly, probably believe no one else would book a cruise specially for the race other than Aussies. We are lucky you have 3 ships..used to be only one not so many years ago.

It's always been P&O(or associated) since time immemorial.

Basically the Aussie based line as quite rightly, probably believe no one else would book a cruise specially for the race other than Aussies. We are lucky you have 3 ships..used to be only one not so many years ago.

Good point! I just thought I'd remembered a Princess ship calling in for the Cup as well - probably my imagination!

Good point! I just thought I'd remembered a Princess ship calling in for the Cup as well - probably my imagination!

We did it way back in 1999:eek:

It was on Norwegian Star . Thats when NCL had a ship down here in partnership with a local company , Norwegian Capricorn Ltd. When we were docked in Melbourne for the Cup , Fair Princess was beside us..... I think that was the old Fairstar.

P&O Australian ships had not arrived on the scene at that stage. P&O Australia is a relatively new company, and has now become Carnival Australia.

We did it way back in 1999:eek:

It was on Norwegian Star . Thats when NCL had a ship down here in partnership with a local company , Norwegian Capricorn Ltd. When we were docked in Melbourne for the Cup , Fair Princess was beside us..... I think that was the old Fairstar.

P&O Australian ships had not arrived on the scene at that stage. P&O Australia is a relatively new company, and has now become Carnival Australia.

....which of course was based in Australia since 1997 (Fair Princess) and sailing for......P&O which had taken over Sitmar at 10 years earlier. Whether the in e was called P&O Australia or P&O the line was firmly entrenched in the Australian cruise market cruising since the 60's.

• 6 months later...
No - because people behave differently? The cruise is longer? Why different?

*The cruise is longer.

*Its a more mature clientèle.

*Punters will enjoy a drink or two for sure ,

but also need a clear head to study the odds.

*There are lots of sweeps etc on board.

*The ship stays at Station pier for a day or 2 as your hotel.

I am not a gambler. The Melbourne Cup is the only race I ever take a bet on ,so while not up with play on all the betting options , I am pretty sure that when we did the MC cruise , an awful lot of money changed hands on board.

Archived