Portofino's or Chops?

Depends on what you like - both are incredible - and we reserve a night in each as soon as we can after boarding

Portofino's is a little more romantic - seafood and pasta with a great dessert and lots of red wine

Chops is as good as any steak house in the states - the cuts are excellent and always perfectly prepared.

Service in both restaurants is amazing - lot's of personal attention - never have had anything other than a great experience

I say spoil yourself and go for both

Bon Appetite

We did both last week on the Radiance...both were excellent...Portofino's a touch more elegant and the food was to die for. Service was outstanding at both places, at Portofino's the headwaiter gave our table free Bellini's...our server at Chops, Damila, was amazing, as was our server at Portofino's, Christian...

Amanda:)

Portofino's or Chops, is one better than the other?

We were on the Mariner last week. We ate at Chops and it was well worth the $20 per person charge. Both food and service were great. It seems like a lot of people choose Caribbean (Wednesday) night for alternative dining.

After returning from Cozumel, I called Portfino's to make reservations. They were only offering a combination dinner/"murder mystery" show package that night (Friday) for about $50 per person, and we had other plans so we missed out.:mad:

Went to both on NOS. Slight edge to Chop's because I'm more of a steak person than an Italian food lover. Service was great in both. We went to Chop's on one of the formal nights and were practically the only four people in there. One of our most memorable moments from cruising.

Portofino's or Chops, is one better than the other?

Depends on your taste in food. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I usually do both on every voyage and enjoy them equally. Well worth the extra $20/head.

We ate at both of them on our Brilliance cruise. My husband preferred Chops and I preferred Portifinos. The serving size at Chops is HUGE, way more than most people could eat, and if you get a baked potato, split it! My DH had the steak and I had the pork chops. They were truly delicious. At Portifino’s I had shrimp and I can’t remember what my DH had. I do remember enjoying every bite. The dessert you must have is the Tiramisu.:D It’s absolutely the best! There’s a picture of it on my webshots (page 4 of the Brilliance pictures).

Garry

Archived