bringing wine onboard

juicyjuju

We have a couple of bottles of vintage wine that we'd like to bring aboard our next cruise for a celebration. Can you turn them over to the sommelier upon boarding for storage?

Yes,give the sommelier the bottles and he will store them for you.

Offer him a glass or at least a taste,there will be no corkage charge.

Did this 2 weeks ago on the Sojourn when I found a Corton Charlemagne 1991 at bargain prices in St Barhs as well as Flor De Pingus 2010.

Did check With the Maitre D' in advance before bringing it though; and of course a taste for the sommelier.

Did this 2 weeks ago on the Sojourn when I found a Corton Charlemagne 1991 at bargain prices in St Barhs as well as Flor De Pingus 2010.

Did check With the Maitre D' in advance before bringing it though; and of course a taste for the sommelier.

We also found some lovely wines in St.Barth's and brought it back to the ship. No problem at all. We always share a glass with the sommelier.

When in St Barts I always shop at the downtown French grocery! I take French sweets/cookies back to the ship for Crew gifts.....of course, always took dear Nelson his all time favorite: a "store bought hamburger!"

Loved having a local beer at "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" (Buffet's favorite cantina) and peopla watched!:D

Did buy French inexpensive wines at the grocery and packed these back to the ship ~they were delicious.

St Barts is one of my favorite Carib Islands ~hope to return.

MB

Archived