Suggestions of store(s) for Pasta Set (bowls) in Rome

2specialkidsforme

I'll be in Orvieto May 6 - so looking forward to finding a few more pieces! I found one baking dish that I loved so much that it became the inspiration for the new colors I did in my house. Classic Tuscan hillside with poppy fields - golds and greens with the red for pop. This time, I might search out some Deruta Geometrico items. I have a few door pulls with this style of art. Yep, all my door/drawer pulls in my kitchen are ceramic from Italy!

I'll probably end up spending more for shipping what I buy home than what I paid for the pieces - it's what happened last time! But, it's so worth it.

I too have one that "got away" because I hesitated. In Taormina there was a wonderful shop with everything on sale....it was mid November and off season going into dead season. It was a beautiful covered tureen in the shape of a tomato with stem and leaves for the handle - used to serve spagetti .... I am still bummed out every time I have spagetti now :rolleyes:

I was out and about yesterday. Walking down the way from Trevi to dinner near the Pantheon, I saw a ceramics shop. It had a decent selection. It is De Santis. The address is 24 Piazza di Pietra. It is on the main walkway from Trevi to the Pantheon. It is across from the building that has all the Roman columns excavated in front of it.

I cannot go to Rome without stopping in Silvetro. It is near the Spanish Steps on Via Fratina. (This street is directly in front of the McDonalds by the Spanish Steps and the store is down a bit and on the left). Everything is Italian made and I find their prices to be very reasonable. They have offered to ship for me, but I can't wait that long so I end up with my purchase in my carry on! They wrap it for travel which is helpful.

Thank you - after my cooking class today I am going to try DeSantis.

I appreciate all of your wonderful suggestions.

Arrived in Rone yesterday - all I can say at this point is it is AMAZING!!!!!!!

Let us know what you ended up with. All 4 days I walked around Rome, I kept looking for ceramics stores for you. I think DeSantis was the best of the bunch that I saw. Too bad you couldn't get to Orvieto, though. I was in sensory overload there on just the two blocks around their Duomo. So much beautiful stuff, I had to exercise extreme self control there. I only bought some more AnticoGeometrica style drawer pulls to add to the ones I have on my kitchen drawers and doors. Small, easy to carry, and I get to see them everyday when I'm in the kitchen! When I get another job and get to go back again, I'll buy some larger pieces:)

Archived