Santa Barbara Trolley Tour

luvtravel88

Does anyone know if the Santa Barbara Hop On Hop Off Trolley Tour starting point is close enough to the cruise terminal to walk? It leaves from Stearn Wharf. Also does the trolley tour stop at the Funk Zone?

If it doesn't stop at the Funk Zone, is it in walking distance from one of the trolley stops?

Our cruise ship does a similar tour for more than double the price and much less time, but of course they get you to and from.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is interested, I called the Trolley company. The start of the Trolley, Stearns Wharf is within a couple of blocks of the Cruise Port and although the Hop On Hop Off doesn't have a stop at the Funk Zone, there is a stop nearby and you can walk to it.

Sorry I didn't see this when first posted...I am a former resident of Santa Barbara.

The harbor at Santa Barbara is VERY SMALL...Little more than would pass for a "marina" in most places...

Here's a map of the harbor:

http://www.sailorschoice.com/SantaBarbaraHarbor/sbharbormap.htm

m_santabarbara_harbor.gif

The ship will actually anchor you about a mile and a half offshore and tender you in to where the number 18 appears on this map...

As you can see, it is a very short, easy and scenic walk from there to Stearns Wharf...

For those wishing to just "walk into town", "Downtown" Santa Barbara is, basicallly, along State Street--which is the Street that dead ends into Stearns Wharf...You'd turn left there and walk another three to 15 blocks for all of the shops and restaurants and such...

Have fun...

Archived