Latest disembarkation time

Ceepot

We arrive in Monte Carlo at 7am at the end of our cruise. What is the latest time we may disembark? I am thinking of booking the helicopter to take us to Nice but our flight isn't until 1pm. Many thanks.

We have found that most passengers have gone by 9.30am. We had a transfer arranged for this time and our cases were the only ones left in the luggage hall. I think this might be the latest time for disembarking but someone else may have a different experience.

I think it depends on whether or not you have chained yourselves to the railing, how thick the chains are, and if the chain cutters have been hidden. Other than that, it is usually by 10 at the very latest, and one needs permission for that and you will be relegated to the lounge.

Two thoughts...

Firstly, Seabourn ships have metal cutters. I know this from a Colonnade waiter who told me there was no point in threatening to chain myself to a table earlier this month on Odyssey.

Secondly, it's not always smart to be the last off the ship. When I left Quest a year ago late within my group's luggage tag call, I had an unwelcome surprise. On the pier towards the exit I saw my luggage being dragged out by an oblivious couple who even disputed that my luggage was mine! Seemed to them that all bags do look alike. So it may be better to get to your bags when you are called to avoid such a happenstance!

Happy sailing!

And make your luggage look very distinctive - ribbons, tape or whatever. Of course it will not then look expensively tasteful, but it is likely to stay in your possession. On our last Seabourn cruise we flew in (in a TA party) the night before to Athens, claimed our cases at the carousel and handed them in to the Seabourn rep, but the luggage handler who rolled them all of ten feet to the baggage cart managed to mess up and later that night a totally random suitcase was delivered to our hotel room. So, then next day instead of sight seeing in Athens we took the (incredibly clean and efficient) train back to the airport, wrangled our way through security (no mean feat) and swapped the said random case for ours.

No more tasteful plain unadorned black cases for us!

There's unadorned and then there is unadorned...

My baggage had bright yellow luggage straps which I thought distinctive.

Theirs had yellow and orange. Too close to notice the difference and/or do a luggage account?

So best to be there on time, do your count and a double check on name tags and thereby try to avoid problems. And that includes keeping an eye on porters who are apparently just as "human" as everyone else.

We arrive in Monte Carlo at 7am at the end of our cruise. What is the latest time we may disembark? I am thinking of booking the helicopter to take us to Nice but our flight isn't until 1pm. Many thanks.

The answer is get off the ship at 09.45 to catch the Heli air Monaco shuttle to the heliport.

Archived