Navigator of the Seas vs Oasis or Allure

I hear that navigator of the seas may be sailing out of Galveston. We live 3 hours from Galveston so this is super convenient and with a family of 5 we save money on airfare. We have sailed the carnival magic...doing norwegian epic in december. I am considering Navigator of the seas next year...my kids will be 6, 6, 4 at time of sailing. Does Navigator have a water splash are for kids? Anything special for my age children or is it worth the airfare to go ahead and do the oasis?

I hear that navigator of the seas may be sailing out of Galveston. We live 3 hours from Galveston so this is super convenient and with a family of 5 we save money on airfare. We have sailed the carnival magic...doing norwegian epic in december. I am considering Navigator of the seas next year...my kids will be 6, 6, 4 at time of sailing. Does Navigator have a water splash are for kids? Anything special for my age children or is it worth the airfare to go ahead and do the oasis?

We did Navigator last spring and then just got off the Allure last week. I loved both ships and you really can't go wrong on either one. However, if I had to choose my favorite ship, I'd pick the Navigator. We had such an incredible experience on that sailing and if was the most perfect vacation ever. It was like everything fell into place and it was awesome! Our daughters were 8 and 10 last year and really enjoyed the Adventure Ocean. The AO staff was outstanding. It just seemed more intimate and service was more personalized. The Allure was also a fantastic cruise but a lot less personal but it's the trade off you get when you go on a ship that large. There are endless activities, the ship is absolutely beautiful and it's an experience everyone should do at least once. The Allure was also a lot more expensive for us (not sure the price difference now). Both ships sailed out of Fort Lauderdale for us so airfare was the same (very spendy from Seattle)! If you can avoid airfare (times 5), I'd pick the Navigator in a heartbeat!

I've been on both ships and for the younger kids, I like the Navigator so much better. There is so much going on in Adventure Ocean that your kids will forget they ever wanted to slide. The fact that the Port is closer is a bonus. I'd save the larger ship until they are older and want nothing to do with Adventure Ocean!!

First of all, the Navigator "is" coming to Galveston, not may come to Galveston.

We are most likely switching our FOS cruise this Thanksgiving to the Navigator just for the convenients alone.

Don't think that because it doesn't have a splash area or water slide it will not be enough for kids.

No Royal Caribbean ship has a water slide nor are any planned.

This is not correct. I can think of 7 current Royal Caribbean ships with water slides.

The first generation Voyager class ships (Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas) and the Radiance class ships (Radiance of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas) all have water slides.

Navigator's cruise schedule out of Galveston from Nov. 2013 to April 2014 is available on RCI's website. The waterslides on ships named above are only in the children's pool area and are small. I'd go with Navigator and save the airfare.

I might try the Navigator out of Galveston if they would change the itinerary. Tired of the same ports.

I would love to see different itinaries on the Navigator from week to week. Ours will be Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. We've been to all those ports, my favorite being Roatan. We've also done the Grand caymen, Cozumel, Jamaica itinerary. I wish Navigator would go to Key West and the Bahamas. Haven't been to the Bahamas yet. :D

I would love to see different itinaries on the Navigator from week to week. Ours will be Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. We've been to all those ports, my favorite being Roatan. We've also done the Grand caymen, Cozumel, Jamaica itinerary. I wish Navigator would go to Key West and the Bahamas. Haven't been to the Bahamas yet. :D
With the high fuel prices I don't think these ports will be included in RT Texas trips. Head to Port Everglades, Miami, or PC.

...I wish Navigator would go to Key West and the Bahamas. Haven't been to the Bahamas yet. :D

I think the voyager class ships and larger are too big for the Key West channel. Anyone know for sure?

But back to the original question: I'd do the Navigator. In fact, I am, Dec. 1, 2013, and just-booked March 23, 2014 (up to 14 of us on that one). Galveston has some work to do to make it a better departure port, but it sure is convenient for us Texans. I suggest 2 connecting cabins where at least one cabin sleeps 3. Other than some expensive suites, there are no cabins that sleep 5 on the Navigator as I recall. Book soon, as these connecting cabins tend to book up early. Oh, the Navigator is getting refurbished in dry dock in January, 2014, so you might want to book after then if you want things like flat-screen TVs and other new stuff.

Adventure Ocean is great. Be sure to find out when and where the kid's pirate parade is -- You'll want pictures and video.

(available in HD)

Archived