Carnival Breeze 4/13-4/21

KPfromCT

Just off the 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise this morning. This ship is just INCREDIBLE!!! I will do a review with pics in the coming week, but just wanted to touch on a few things....

-Our 1st Lido Balcony ( 10278 )--Will only book these in the future. You just cannot beat the location to all of the fun. Our room steward ( Randy ), left ALOT to be desired, but in NO way did it ruin our experience.

-Thrill Theater is a MUST. Fun time.

-Breakfast Burritos at Blue Iguana? DELISH!!!!

-Guys Burgers? Everything that everyone has said. I had FOUR in 8 days:eek:

-Sea Dogs ( Sports Deck ) Not impressed. It was grey in color and tasted odd:mad:

-Pizza Pirate was a HUGE improvement from the old pizza. Really YUMMY!!!!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to try Cucina de Capitano ( SOLD OUT ):mad:

Nor, did we make it to the steakhouse:(

We visited St. Thomas, and booked a private excursion, which included two hours of shopping and 3 hours at Magens Bay. Of course the sun was blaring while shopping, and we got to Magens Bay and it rained most of the time. Bummer!!!

Antigua was GORGEOUS!!!! Took a cab to Valley Church Beach, per all of the rave reviews on this board, and it was INCREDIBLE!!! Rented jet skis and had a BLAST!!!! Wait til you see the pictures....Almost unreal.

Tortola was another BEAUTIFUL island. The Carnival excursion to Jost Van Dyke was sold out, so we booked with another operator, who was PHENOMENAL. We took a speedboat over to the island, which was half the fun, and spent 3 hours there. Just beautiful water and sand. The Soggy Dollar was everything we hoped it would be.:D

Nassau, ehhhhhhhh, it's Nassau. Really didn't do much. Just walked around the shops downtown, and attempted to go to Senor Frogs, but it was MOBBED. Ended up at Sharkeez and the service sucked. While in Nassau, we were accompanied by the Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, and the Disney Wonder. Busy day in port...

And then this morning, they had the nerve to ask me to leave.....

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate.

Will try to get pictures up in the next day or two. I just need to figure out how.....

Hi Cruisebug

We're gonna be on the July 6 sailing and also staying in a Lido Balcony. I was just wondering about the foot traffic as people come off the elevators to head out to the pools and such. Looking at the floor plan it's hard to tell if people go out using the main hallway in the middle or do they use the corridor that goes past the cabins. Thanks

We're very much considering this cruise for next year; it's a toss up between your itinerary and the Aruba, Curaçao, DR run. It all depends on the sail dates. I'm looking forward to your photos and the rest of your review :)

Just off the 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise this morning. This ship is just INCREDIBLE!!! I will do a review with pics in the coming week, but just wanted to touch on a few things....

-Our 1st Lido Balcony ( 10278 )--Will only book these in the future. You just cannot beat the location to all of the fun. Our room steward ( Randy ), left ALOT to be desired, but in NO way did it ruin our experience.

-Thrill Theater is a MUST. Fun time.

-Breakfast Burritos at Blue Iguana? DELISH!!!!

-Guys Burgers? Everything that everyone has said. I had FOUR in 8 days:eek:

-Sea Dogs ( Sports Deck ) Not impressed. It was grey in color and tasted odd:mad:

-Pizza Pirate was a HUGE improvement from the old pizza. Really YUMMY!!!!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to try Cucina de Capitano ( SOLD OUT ):mad:

Nor, did we make it to the steakhouse:(

We visited St. Thomas, and booked a private excursion, which included two hours of shopping and 3 hours at Magens Bay. Of course the sun was blaring while shopping, and we got to Magens Bay and it rained most of the time. Bummer!!!

Antigua was GORGEOUS!!!! Took a cab to Valley Church Beach, per all of the rave reviews on this board, and it was INCREDIBLE!!! Rented jet skis and had a BLAST!!!! Wait til you see the pictures....Almost unreal.

Tortola was another BEAUTIFUL island. The Carnival excursion to Jost Van Dyke was sold out, so we booked with another operator, who was PHENOMENAL. We took a speedboat over to the island, which was half the fun, and spent 3 hours there. Just beautiful water and sand. The Soggy Dollar was everything we hoped it would be.:D

Nassau, ehhhhhhhh, it's Nassau. Really didn't do much. Just walked around the shops downtown, and attempted to go to Senor Frogs, but it was MOBBED. Ended up at Sharkeez and the service sucked. While in Nassau, we were accompanied by the Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, and the Disney Wonder. Busy day in port...

And then this morning, they had the nerve to ask me to leave.....

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate.

Will try to get pictures up in the next day or two. I just need to figure out how.....

Great mini review! We're taking this same itinerary in July and have some questions:

Antigua - how much was the taxi to Valley Church Beach (for 2 people), and how far was it from the port? Is there a restaurant/bar there to buy food and drinks? How much were beach chair and umbrella rentals?

Tortola - which tour operator did you use to get to Jost Van Dyke?

Thanks for any tips! :)

Great mini review! We're taking this same itinerary in July and have some questions:

Antigua - how much was the taxi to Valley Church Beach (for 2 people), and how far was it from the port? Is there a restaurant/bar there to buy food and drinks? How much were beach chair and umbrella rentals?

Tortola - which tour operator did you use to get to Jost Van Dyke?

Thanks for any tips! :)

Hi Niquein99! We had a group of 6 people and it was $8 pp. It was about a 1/2 hour ride from the port. Let me just warn you, if you thought Jamaica was bad, when you get off the ship and outside the gates, you are SWARMED with orange shirts asking you to take their tour, or their taxi, etc. It was HORRIBLE. They literally FOLLOW you around. Look for Natalie....she was one of the few girls and a total sweetheart. Yes, there is a restaurant and bar. There are plenty of nice trees for shade, so we didn't bother with the umbrellas, and the chairs were $5 each for the day. Just another FYI, we rented jet skis for the first time and had a BLAST!!!! $75 for a half hour, but WELL worth it. See pics below......

532751_10201036946636851_404842826_n.jpg

528204_10201031778867660_1132312325_n.jpg

I will post more as soon as I upload them from my camera.....

As far as Tortola, we booked with BVI360. They were PHENOMENAL!!!!! Google them on Trip Advisor, and they also have their own website. We did the straight to Jost Van Dyke Tour, which I believe was $80 per person. He also has another tour which includes snorkeling first, and then Jost Van Dyke. The speedboat ride over there was 1/2 the fun. Get seats in the front of the boat, and HANG ON:eek: See pics below...breathtaking.

The view from the Soggy Dollar Bar-

537284_10201036995998085_658549863_n.jpg

The view from our chairs-

625417_10201036947396870_950113950_n.jpg

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

ENJOY!!!!

Some more pics off the iPhone........

Pulling into St. Thomas-

934674_10201061380847691_2024990682_n.jpg

Magens Bay ( rainy icky weather )

305714_10201061380687687_101561402_n.jpg

Some NOT so friendly guys at Magens Bay...they were hissing:eek:

528183_10201061380007670_1842934776_n.jpg

Getting ready for the speedboat ride to Jost--MUST be up front

301931_10201061379047646_1614721076_n.jpg

Cruised with you twice now and yet to meet up. Were you at the coctail party?

Hey Jimbo5544!! No, we were not..:( Looks like we pick the same school vacation week each year;) Already checking out the Southern Itinerary on the Breeze for next April....lol Where in CT are you from?

Hey Jimbo5544!! No, we were not..:( Looks like we pick the same school vacation week each year;) Already checking out the Southern Itinerary on the Breeze for next April....lol Where in CT are you from?

North Branford (outside New Haven - you?) We are booking our group space for that week for the Breeze for next year, based upon feedback on the return trip home yesterday.

North Branford (outside New Haven - you?) We are booking our group space for that week for the Breeze for next year, based upon feedback on the return trip home yesterday.

Wasn't that ship INCREDIBLE??? My grandmother lived in Branford ( Alps Rd ) lol Many memories there as a kid going to Branford Point, driving by the Thimble Islands, etc....Love it down there. We are up in Newington. We will HAVE to meet up next year....we can't go 3 cruises together and NOT meet.:D

Wasn't that ship INCREDIBLE??? My grandmother lived in Branford ( Alps Rd ) lol Many memories there as a kid going to Branford Point, driving by the Thimble Islands, etc....Love it down there. We are up in Newington. We will HAVE to meet up next year....we can't go 3 cruises together and NOT meet.:D

I agree (meeting up). Also agree on the ship. Loved it, my new fav.

There were so many at cocktail party. I dont think I met you (jimbo) or maybe i did.

Did you use BVI360? My wifes freind broke her ankle on the ride back and is having sugery today.

We had room 10290 on LIdo. Awesome room!!!!!

:eek::eek: We DID use BVI360. I have to say, the way they load/unload people onto the speedboat, both at the dock, and when you get to Jost, was a little tough. When they were loading up at the dock, an older woman "fell" into the boat and smashed her elbow, and getting off in Jost was an adventure, but I think the most dangerous, was loading people back up to leave Jost. We were all standing behind the boat, and it was windy, and the boat kept backing up on us. Shocked nobody lost a limb that day. Were you in the first or second group? We were in the first one......Otherwise, a great tour!!!

A few more random shots off the iPhone....

Downtown Miami....

67526_10201007922591268_1392817828_n.jpg

Getting ready for sailaway.....

552923_10201008593808048_2031543064_n.jpg

The big screen, before the skies opened up, and it POURED!!!!!!!

931386_10201061568252376_2025343968_n.jpg

Something I did NOT need to see in St. Thomas:eek:

532960_10201061580772689_1868090506_n.jpg

The Liberty leaving St. Thomas before us.....

163922_10201061583532758_1014359828_n.jpg

More to come.........

There were so many at cocktail party. I dont think I met you (jimbo) or maybe i did.

Did you use BVI360? My wifes freind broke her ankle on the ride back and is having sugery today.

We had room 10290 on LIdo. Awesome room!!!!!

I don't think so, but I was looking for you, until the Absolute got in the way.... No we did not use BVI360, just grabbed a cab and went to Brewers Beach. Loved Tortola.

Thanks for the review! Can you tell me how debarking the ship went for you? I've heard stories about how long it's taking to clear customs now with the government cutbacks etc. We'll be sailing on the Breeze on Sat. and are concerned about our early flights back home.

Thanks for the review! Can you tell me how debarking the ship went for you? I've heard stories about how long it's taking to clear customs now with the government cutbacks etc. We'll be sailing on the Breeze on Sat. and are concerned about our early flights back home.

Hi, I was on the sailing and had a 10AM flight from Miami I was concerned about. I did self-assist and was off the ship and in a cab by 7AM. We were the first group off the ship and the first people through customs. Friends debarked later around 8AM and had no lines through customs. Hope that helps...you are going to love the Breeze!

Hi, I was on the sailing and had a 10AM flight from Miami I was concerned about. I did self-assist and was off the ship and in a cab by 7AM. We were the first group off the ship and the first people through customs. Friends debarked later around 8AM and had no lines through customs. Hope that helps...you are going to love the Breeze!

Thanks, I can't wait!

Archived