Carnival Breeze 4/13-4/21

KPfromCT

Thanks for the review and the pics, I have a couple of questions, regarding the cucina you said it was sold out, when did you try to make reservations? Was it on the first day?, also when you went to jost were you left in the water or did you pull up on to the beach? Thanks

There were so many at cocktail party. I dont think I met you (jimbo) or maybe i did.

Did you use BVI360? My wifes freind broke her ankle on the ride back and is having sugery today.

We had room 10290 on LIdo. Awesome room!!!!!

How was the noise in this room? we were upgraded to this room for our Breeze cruise in a few weeks and I am excited to be so close to everything but worried about the noise since it's the closest room to the action haha

Thanks for the great review! We are on Lido deck in a few weeks so could you please give me details about the room steward and what you didn't like? My main concern is getting my cooler filled!!

Did you try the Italian restaurant during the day? Did you go to any comedy shows and were they packed?

How was the noise in this room? we were upgraded to this room for our Breeze cruise in a few weeks and I am excited to be so close to everything but worried about the noise since it's the closest room to the action haha

The only noise that we heard was when we were on the balcony and even that wasnt too loud. Its a great room!!

Thanks for the review! Can you tell me how debarking the ship went for you? I've heard stories about how long it's taking to clear customs now with the government cutbacks etc. We'll be sailing on the Breeze on Sat. and are concerned about our early flights back home.

Hi There!!! We chose the self debarkation this time, and we were off the ship by 8am. Very smooth process with NO lines. Enjoy your cruise. You are going to LOVE it.:D:D

Thanks for the review and the pics, I have a couple of questions, regarding the cucina you said it was sold out, when did you try to make reservations? Was it on the first day?, also when you went to jost were you left in the water or did you pull up on to the beach? Thanks

The Cucina issue was OUR fault. We did not make reservations prior to the trip, or even when we got on the ship. We would wait until the day of and check it out. I am sure if we made them when we got onboard, we would have had no issues. Again, that was our fault. Just disappointed...I really wanted to try Nonna's meatballs:mad::mad:

As far as Jost Van Dyke, the tour was great, HOWEVER, it was a little dangerous, the loading and offloading. They pulled up pretty close to shore, but you still had to jump off the back of the boat, which was probably a good 7-8', into ankle, or mid-calf deep water. Getting back on the boat was even worse, as it was windy and the boat was blowing all around. It really was pretty dangerous. There was a little rope ladder you had to climb back up. I heard a woman on the 2nd tour broke her ankle.:( Again, this was an independent operator, it was NOT Carnival. Theirs may be safer, but it was sold out and more expensive. Either way, it was probably the best day of our trip. Go, and enjoy:D:D

Welcome back to reality! Thanks for posting, and would love to see more photos, if you have the time and are willing to share. The ones you have posted so far are wonderful!

Thank you!!! Yes, I hope in the next day or two to get my pictures up. Thanks for the nice words...first day back at work today. 600+ emails to go through.....fun times. lol

Thanks for the great review! We are on Lido deck in a few weeks so could you please give me details about the room steward and what you didn't like? My main concern is getting my cooler filled!!

Did you try the Italian restaurant during the day? Did you go to any comedy shows and were they packed?

Thanks for the kind words:D

We were in Lido balcony 10278, and the room stewards name was Randy. Don't get me wrong. He was not AWFUL, but by far, the worst we've ever had. We would drink wine out on the balcony and DH would smoke cigars and when we would come back to the cabin after a day on the Lido, or an excursion, the room was made up, but all the dirty glasses, bottles, and ashtray were still out on the table, just sitting there. We started bringing them in the cabin and leaving them on the desk area. I mentioned it to him a couple of times in the hallway, and when I did, he would pick them up, but if I didn't, he left them in the room, as well:mad::mad:

I did tell him to make sure the ice was kept full in the morning and evenings, and that was always done. Again, in NO way did it ruin our trip, but just more of an annoyance.

We did not try Cucina de Capitano for lunch, as there were just too many other options....LOL

We did go to the comedy shows, however, we went on Friday night, which was the 2nd formal night. And we did NOT go to the MDR that night. We walked in about 10-15 minutes before the show and had NO problems getting seats, but again, I believe most people were at the MDR for Formal night. I did hear horror stories about getting there a 1/2 hour early. Enjoy your cruise. You are going to LOVE that ship!!!:D

What's in the breakfast burritos? I'll be onboard in August, and can't wait!!!

Just off the 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise this morning. This ship is just INCREDIBLE!!! I will do a review with pics in the coming week, but just wanted to touch on a few things....

-Our 1st Lido Balcony ( 10278 )--Will only book these in the future. You just cannot beat the location to all of the fun. Our room steward ( Randy ), left ALOT to be desired, but in NO way did it ruin our experience.

-Thrill Theater is a MUST. Fun time.

-Breakfast Burritos at Blue Iguana? DELISH!!!!

-Guys Burgers? Everything that everyone has said. I had FOUR in 8 days:eek:

-Sea Dogs ( Sports Deck ) Not impressed. It was grey in color and tasted odd:mad:

-Pizza Pirate was a HUGE improvement from the old pizza. Really YUMMY!!!!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to try Cucina de Capitano ( SOLD OUT ):mad:

Nor, did we make it to the steakhouse:(

We visited St. Thomas, and booked a private excursion, which included two hours of shopping and 3 hours at Magens Bay. Of course the sun was blaring while shopping, and we got to Magens Bay and it rained most of the time. Bummer!!!

Antigua was GORGEOUS!!!! Took a cab to Valley Church Beach, per all of the rave reviews on this board, and it was INCREDIBLE!!! Rented jet skis and had a BLAST!!!! Wait til you see the pictures....Almost unreal.

Tortola was another BEAUTIFUL island. The Carnival excursion to Jost Van Dyke was sold out, so we booked with another operator, who was PHENOMENAL. We took a speedboat over to the island, which was half the fun, and spent 3 hours there. Just beautiful water and sand. The Soggy Dollar was everything we hoped it would be.:D

Nassau, ehhhhhhhh, it's Nassau. Really didn't do much. Just walked around the shops downtown, and attempted to go to Senor Frogs, but it was MOBBED. Ended up at Sharkeez and the service sucked. While in Nassau, we were accompanied by the Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, and the Disney Wonder. Busy day in port...

And then this morning, they had the nerve to ask me to leave.....

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate.

Will try to get pictures up in the next day or two. I just need to figure out how.....

Great pictures, can't wait to read the rest of the review.

We were just talking about Soggy Dollar bar on Saturday, still as beautiful as ever.

Janice:

We've been to the Soggy Dollar Bar, too. Had a great afternoon with DH, DD and DD's BFF.

Noticed your trip on the Lurline LA to HA. I remember that ship! We were in Oahu for four years 64-69. Dad was USAF. Friends of ours took that ship back to LA in 68. That was the last year military could choose that route, instead of flying back.

Diane

These are some:

mexican scrambled egg

scrambled egg

hash brown potatoes

sausage

onion

tomato

ham

all kinds of sauces

Im sure i missed a few but they are awesome!! There is also a topping bar with items on. Enjoy and have one for me

Great quesation, I've wondered the same thing. Hopefully something other than the usual pork, pork and more pork. :rolleyes:

You can get almost anything you want on them, they custom fill them and have a variety of meats, beans, onions, cheeses, potatoes and eggs. Then the have a huge salsa and condiment bar that you take them to and add that stuff. My sister loves them and it's her usual go to breakfast. The burritos are huge, they make them on a 10" tortilla and they come out about 4" in diameter. The taco's are great too.

I like to stop at the Taste Bar on Ocean Plaza (deck 5). They have a limited hot breakfast there too. Scrambled eggs, Oatmeal, plus all the regular continental breakfast offerings.

I usually go to Cocina for lunch on embarkation day. There are rarely more than 8 or 10 people there. Then we decide which night we want to have dinner and have never not gotten our desired evening or time.

Archived