24 hour anything?

misssea

I grew up in a different era, I guess. :) Eating whenever I wanted to as a kid was never an option: you ate at the appropriate times. There was no way my parents would have ordered food for me at 2 am. :O

I am posting this not as a criticism of the OP; I am just comparing it to what to was like when I was 8 - and most lilely eating a lot too (with limits). :)

I think I am a lot older than you are and yet I had the same ground rules as you did.

These comments bring to mind my favourite forum post - How many posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that Nick Clegg isn't the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Which one are you?

:D:D

Priceless, very well said, I had a good laugh reading it.

Oh yes, try the club sandwich, finally tried it on our last cruise and it stands up to all the positive raves that I have read about it!

Someone may see something as a differing opinion while someone else sees it as an attack. How to determine which is which?

Well, I guess an attack is turning someone's question into a criticism of how they raise their kids, for starters.

Well, I guess an attack is turning someone's question into a criticism of how they raise their kids, for starters.

Or a difference in opinion on how to raise a kid. ;)

BTW, I did not tell the OP how to raise her child - I said I was raised in a different era.

Actually an era when others had some input on how things were supposed to be, like saying "thanks", and "please" and how to behave in public for example. Sure, not all of it was good, but most of it was. :)

Or a difference in opinion on how to raise a kid. ;)

BTW, I did not tell the OP how to raise her child - I said I was raised in a different era.

Actually an era when others had some input on how things were supposed to be, like saying "thanks", and "please" and how to behave in public for example. Sure, not all of it was good, but most of it was. :)

My comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, Peter. I just don't understand why people can't just answer a question without making assumptions and passing judgement on others.

The general rule on Cruise Critic seems to be that a question is answered by the 6th or 7th response and then after that it becomes a free-for-all. That is just the way things happen. Some times it bugs me and some times I am guilt of doing it.

If all threads consisted of just a question answered and only answers given, very few would stretch to page 2.

I agree that the initial question is answered early on in a thread – normally in a pleasant, patient, helpful tone. (Which is very nice considering a fair portion of questions appear repeatedly every couple of weeks or are covered in depth on the cruise line’s FAQ)

After that answer, it’s my observation, that the threads often become more of a chat board involving opinions, observations and remembrences. I don’t see that being a big problem as I can’t imagine any group wanting to hang around a message board to merely answer strangers’ questions. It's a social place too.:)

If a thread becomes uninteresting or abrasive we all have the option of not reading it any more. If a particular poster becomes a problem, we have the option of putting them on “ignore”.

I think these boards have been very interesting and educational – as well as enlightening and fun too. Thank you all :)

We recently sailed on the Zaandam. I thought you could get food

all evening and didn't realize at 9:00PM went up to Lido and nothing was opened. Was told to get room service. We had decided on going to Movie and had a light snack before but no dinner. Was really surprised that no portion of the buffet was opened at that time.Not even a cookie

available.

We recently sailed on the Zaandam. I thought you could get food

all evening and didn't realize at 9:00PM went up to Lido and nothing was opened. Was told to get room service. We had decided on going to Movie and had a light snack before but no dinner. Was really surprised that no portion of the buffet was opened at that time.Not even a cookie

available.

Perhaps you were not aware that the hours of all the dining venues are clearly indicated on the back page of the daily 'Explorer'. ;) The hours of the Lido are 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.! And were you aware that there is a late night themed 'snack' each evening in the Lido from 10:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.? :confused:

These comments bring to mind my favourite forum post - How many posters does it take to change a light bulb?

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that Nick Clegg isn't the brightest bulb.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Which one are you?

I love this -- I don't remember seeing it before.

Hard to decide which one I am.

Which one are you?

Wonderful post Carol:D:D

My comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, Peter. I just don't understand why people can't just answer a question without making assumptions and passing judgement on others.

Understood :) Since I was the first one that veered off a bit I thought it was for me.

Archived