Millennium issues, are there any??

mollanjake

Wow, you actually took the time to document some rust on a ship that spends its life in sea water?!?

:D:D:D I had to chuckle when I looked at the photos posted. I couldn't even imagine spending a cruise taking photos of every little nook and cranny that wasn't quite right. M-Class ships still are winners to me!

We sailed her shortly after she was refurbished and had a great cruise. We will sail her again on September 22, 2013. Having said that, there are many, many signs of her age. Those pictures that were posted only tell part of the story. She needs another sprucing up.

catalina56

I will be on the Millennium later this year and have also been discouraged by some of the more negative reviews. Do some people spend their time looking for faults or what? Looking at some of the very different reviews, I am reminded of the old saying: "Two looked out of prison bars; one saw mud, but the other saw stars."

I think many of us try to find a balance. If you say everything is fine and don't report what you see, people may be surprised and disappointed. If you nitpick and point out every flaw, people may not sail the Millie and miss a great cruise.

Here's my take, as balanced as I can make it: did the ship seem older and less spiffy? Yes. Were there obvious signs of areas needing attention? Yes. Did it negatively impact our cruise? No. But, it is a big contrast to the S class ship we sailed. So, I felt compelled to note it in my own review. Then people can make their own decision. The Millie is not an old, unattractive barge! She is showing her age, and I can relate! :p

My DH and I were on the northbound Millie cruise to Alaska June 7 (2013). It was fantastic. We were in Aqua and enjoyed Blu very much. We did not look for rust or other wear on the ship. We were on the Equinox last year. The Equinox is a newer ship and is more modern, but the Millie seems to have more charm. We totally loved it! We spent an additional 8 days in Alaska, renting a car and going to Denali as well as other beautiful spots. We travel a fair amount, but this was definitely a trip we will always cherish.

I think many of us try to find a balance. If you say everything is fine and don't report what you see, people may be surprised and disappointed. If you nitpick and point out every flaw, people may not sail the Millie and miss a great cruise.

Here's my take, as balanced as I can make it: did the ship seem older and less spiffy? Yes. Were there obvious signs of areas needing attention? Yes. Did it negatively impact our cruise? No. But, it is a big contrast to the S class ship we sailed. So, I felt compelled to note it in my own review. Then people can make their own decision. The Millie is not an old, unattractive barge! She is showing her age, and I can relate! :p

Perfectly stated and I agree 100%. I tried to make the same balance in my review. It's just being truthful. :)

I was on the May 24 Alaska cruise. The weather was faultless and we had a great time. We took outside cabins and actually enjoyed these more than balcony cabins. On deck 3 you are only 1 deck from deck 4 with the promenade access.

Photo https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/920139_10152888457170323_206980232_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/977755_10152888457180323_1651499715_o.jpg

Millenium positives-

Its smaller than Solstice Class and you definitely appreciate the less walk .

There are 3 banks of elevators. Solstice has no rear of aft elevators, making the walk even further.

Thalasso Pool - my favourite thing on the M ships

Less passengers mean faster disembarking and tendering at ports.

Better upper decks out door viewing

Millenium negatives -

The refurbishment really was to only create more profit opportunities. It did nothing to enhance the luxury or modernization of the ship.

The loss of public spaces mean she was a better ship pre-refurbishment

Lack of real maintenance and upgrading - ship clocks that are broken on decks, corrosion and grime on doors to decks, broken and not working elevator call buttons, broken showers in pool areas that were falling off the wall and no hot water.

Its clear that Celebrity have cut back on some maintenance issues. She is 13 years old and it does show. But we had a great time, The cabins are still very comfortable and new LCD TVs appreciated. Staff morale and service definitely not what it was 10 years ago - but this applies to many ships in the industry. The food in the restaurants was good (not so much the buffet).

In summary go and enjoy the good itinerary.

Archived