Very impressed with Diamond Princess

Darcy15

Just returned from a fantastic Asian cruise on Diamond Princess :)

People can be very quick to complain, but less so to praise. I wanted to redress that a little.

I unfortunately succumbed to a gastrointestinal upset during the cruise, viral I suspect. Now, while no one wants to be ill I just was so impressed by the care I received.

Within 5 minutes of reporting the symptoms, a paramedic arrived in my cabin. He was very efficient, but also kind and caring. I was given medication to help, and lots of advice and printed information. Later in the morning, 2 charming crew came to clean my cabin - and crept around like mice, so anxious not to disturb me. I had 2 phone calls from room service asking if I needed anything, and a follow up call from the medical centre that evening.

By the next morning I was feeling better, but had to stay in isolation for 24 hours after the last symptom. The same gentle cleaning crew arrived, and I had another phone call from one of the nurses. Another nurse phoned later in the afternoon to check how I was, and she released me from isolation.

While it was a shame I was unwell, I could think of far worse places to be sick in! The care and compassion I received was outstanding, so my grateful thanks to all those good people.

On an interesting note, norovirus gets a lot of publicity on this forum but it is absolutely not a cruise exclusive ailment. While I was sick, my brother and his family were on holiday in a hotel in Cornwall thousands of miles away. One by one, they all got norovirus too. Perspective perhaps?

Anyway, very well done Princess. An unpleasant experience was made as comfortable as possible. Thank you.

Archived