Copenhagen taxi

Signet

We will be cruising on the Norwegian Star in May. Would someone be able to tell me the approx cost in USD or DKK for a taxi (2 people) from The Square hotel (near Tivoli) to the pier. I believe the Star will be leaving from Freeport. Thanks in advance 👍

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal (Freeport)? Also, what is the customary gratuity for such a trip (and can I add the tip to the credit card or use US$)? And are taxis readily available for our trip back to the airport at the end of our cruise? Thank you!!

Thank you for the link. It’s really very informative but I still have a question. Shall I leave any tips? What is expected?

Thank you. Jess :)

Danish Viking already answered this question in his earlier post--you don't tip in Denmark.

To all of you asking for Taxi fares in Copenhagen; why not use this link - it´s pretty accurate

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Copenhagen-Denmark

Is it, it says 214 DKK from the airport to downtown Copenhagen, that seems pretty low.

My estimate will be around 250-300 DDK instead, but it gives a okay estimate, just round up a little.

Danish Viking already answered this question in his earlier post--you don't tip in Denmark.

Thanks, but it sounds a little bit strange for me. Shall I at least tip in a restaurant? Is it just in Denmark or in all Europe? I’ve never been oversees before and I really don’t know how it works. I just don’t want to do something wrong …. Thanks.

Jess :)

If you tip in Denmark it Will be around 10 to 20 DKK. Never more. Normal is nothing. Service Can be Slow, even bad, but The Food is mostly very good. If you need ideas for things to do in Copenhagen, just ask.

If you tip in Denmark it Will be around 10 to 20 DKK. Never more. Normal is nothing. Service Can be Slow, even bad, but The Food is mostly very good. If you need ideas for things to do in Copenhagen, just ask.

Kim

We are doing a transatlantic cruise in April 2014 that ends in Copenhagen on May 2. It's our first transatlantic and we would like to spend a day or two in Copenhagen after the cruise. What would be a good hotel that is conveinent, easy to get to from the port and to the airport. It would be nice if it is walking distance from places to see.

I'm guessing that English is spoken there enough to where we would not have a problem.

Paul and Deb

Poul and Deb,

There is no problem with speaking english in Denmark, sort of our second language! Its the first foreign language we learn.

Hotels, well depends on which level you want your hotel - how many stars. Let me know and I will find some good suggestions - and I think Danish Viking will to. :-D

Can see you are on Legend out of Fort Lauderdale on December 12th. Well, we are on Legend one month earlier from Fort Lauderdale - to San Diego. I'll promise we will take good care of the ship.

Kind regards Kim

Poul and Deb,

There is no problem with speaking english in Denmark, sort of our second language! Its the first foreign language we learn.

Hotels, well depends on which level you want your hotel - how many stars. Let me know and I will find some good suggestions - and I think Danish Viking will to. :-D

Can see you are on Legend out of Fort Lauderdale on December 12th. Well, we are on Legend one month earlier from Fort Lauderdale - to San Diego. I'll promise we will take good care of the ship.

Kind regards Kim

Kim

Thank you for your reply. Wasn't expecting one so fast.

I'm not sure what to expect. I've read a little on the Cruise Critic site about Copenhagen and it sounds like everything is expensive. One person said they paid 35 dollars for breakfast. Some places include some meals in the price----we really don't know. This is our first time doing something like this. We would like something close to some of the sites, easy to get to the airport and reasonable. Reasonable to me is less than 200 dollars when looking at the rates over there.

You should be on this cruise back to Copenhagen also. Wouldn't have to fly back. Appreciate you looking after the ship for us.

Paul

Paul,

Would love to cruise back to Europe

I'll see whatI Can find, could Best Western be an option? Which hotels did you find on your search?

Got some Nice one in center of Copenhagen and easily with train to The airport. Transportation with train and bus in Copenhagen is easy. Lot of Nice options.

Copenhagen is an expensive City, sorry to say. Most hotels are including breakfast. Got some very Nice restaurants with good service. But as in US The walters are mostly on fixed salary. So take it easy on tipping. Taxis are very expensive.

But The City is great, and a lot to see. Got some American friends from a cruise in 2007 WHO Will be visiting us in August on a Baltic cruise. They are here for 7 hours. Nothing like old friends. :-)

Kind regards Kim

Paul,

Would love to cruise back to Europe

I'll see whatI Can find, could Best Western be an option? Which hotels did you find on your search?

Got some Nice one in center of Copenhagen and easily with train to The airport. Transportation with train and bus in Copenhagen is easy. Lot of Nice options.

Copenhagen is an expensive City, sorry to say. Most hotels are including breakfast. Got some very Nice restaurants with good service. But as in US The walters are mostly on fixed salary. So take it easy on tipping. Taxis are very expensive.

But The City is great, and a lot to see. Got some American friends from a cruise in 2007 WHO Will be visiting us in August on a Baltic cruise. They are here for 7 hours. Nothing like old friends. :-)

Kind regards Kim

Kim

I just typed in Copenhagen hotels and a whole lot of them came up. I remember the Best Western and the Marriot but can't think of any others right now. We were just looking for something near things to see that was not real expensive. I appreciate your interest and help but don't spend to much time on this. I'm about ready to turn this project over to the wife anyway.

You are going to love that Panama Canal cruise. We did that one about two years ago and it was great. We went on Celebrity though but it was the same itinerary.

Paul

Poul,

Im here to help you. You are guest in my town!

So let me help you. Will Cost you nothing :-) I just Want you to have a good time here.

Best regards Kim

Poul,

Im here to help you. You are guest in my town!

So let me help you. Will Cost you nothing :-) I just Want you to have a good time here.

Best regards Kim

Kim

Thanks, appreciate it. You are very generous with your time.

Paul and Deb

Archived