Copenhagen taxi

Signet

If you tip in Denmark it Will be around 10 to 20 DKK. Never more. Normal is nothing. Service Can be Slow, even bad, but The Food is mostly very good. If you need ideas for things to do in Copenhagen, just ask.

Thank you Kim for the explanations. We will flight to Copenhagen a day before the cruise and stop in the Square Hotel (hopefully it’s the very center). We are traveling with a kid of 3. We will have the afternoon on June 2 and morning on June 3 for sightseeing. If you have any ideas about what we can see please let me know. I actually don’t want to miss something very important.

Thank you so much.

Jess :)

Hotel is in the Center. One thing to see is Tivoli - 5 min walk. For your kid :-)

You Can Also Take a walk to Nyhavn and sail the small canals of Copenhagen and harbour. There is Also our parlament and Rosenborg Castle. Must be what You Can manage.

Feel free to ask more :-D

Kind regards Kim

The Square is located dead center on the town hall square (hence the name).

With a 3 year old I would say that Tivoli is a must.

Also the Zoo and The Blue Planet are interesting places for the kid.

I don't know if the canal tour is to slow and boring :D but when I was a kid ( and still) I always enjoyed a nice sailing trip on the canal boats.

If you take a trip on Strøget and Købmagergade you can visit The Round Tower and there is both a Lego store and a Disney store.

Experimentarium is also very kids friendly but its located at Tuborg ahavn in Hellerup so you will probably need more days in Copenhagen to see that.

Also located to far out is the Viking ship museum in Roskilde but perhaps the kid is not to old to really enjoy this.

The castles, Amber Museum, National Museum, Thorvaldsens Museum, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek and Statens Museum For Kunst (contemporary art) is probably to boring for a kid.

Hotel is in the Center. One thing to see is Tivoli - 5 min walk. For your kid :-)

You Can Also Take a walk to Nyhavn and sail the small canals of Copenhagen and harbour. There is Also our parlament and Rosenborg Castle. Must be what You Can manage.

Feel free to ask more :-D

Kind regards Kim

Kim

I was looking at hotels in Copenhagen and would like your opinion on them.

The "Square hotel" that was mentioned is close to the train station and some of the things to see it says. I checked the vacancy for two days in April of 2014 and there were no vacancies for either day though. Couldn't check for May. This must be a popular hotel.

Another one is the "Neptun hotel" It appears to be in the same area.

The other one is the "Copenhagen Star" which is also in the same area.

I'm guessing the place to be is where these hotels are.

What do you think?

Paul

Thanks, but it sounds a little bit strange for me. Shall I at least tip in a restaurant? Is it just in Denmark or in all Europe? I’ve never been oversees before and I really don’t know how it works. I just don’t want to do something wrong …. Thanks.

Jess,

Please remember that tipping is a local custom only. Here in the U.S., it is "customary" to tip some percentage or amount for many services, but every country is different. In many countries, you don't tip at all. In Germany, you would tip less than you do in the U.S. In China, you almost never tip and it can even be considered insulting in many places! So always tip based on local custom/culture, and not based on how you would do it at home! :)

Jess,

If we tip inDenmark it would be something like 20 to 30 DKK. I remember once back in 1995, when my Company had a visit from Metroworks in Austin. She paid for The dinner and added 20% in tip. The resultat: all The waiters lined up and bowed when we left.

I never tip in taxi. Only tipping in restaurants if service and Food is very good. But never more than 20 or 30.

Kim

Jess,

In Germany, you would tip less than you do in the U.S. In China, you almost never tip and it can even be considered insulting in many places! :)

Thank you. It’s something which is necessary to know in advance.

Thank you all for the great info! Obviously we will see the Tivoli. The sailing trip sounds wonderful as well.

What The Blue Planet is? Is it a museum?

Of course Nicole is too little to enjoy the Viking ship museum… But look …. sometimes I say that I have two kids – one age 3 and another one is 43 (DH). The second kid will obviously love it :):):)

• 1 month later...

Archived