FTTF--Before I Push the Button ?

mom58

So, $50 is $50. It won't break me, but I don't want to spend it if it's not necessary.

We've got two grand suites on the Paradise for a 4 night and our only port is Cozumel.

We're four ladies, so the only reason I would consider FTTF is for the benefit of being able to take our carry-on stuff to the cabin first. I believe I remember that there is a separate boarding for suite guests, so that's not a benefit. Cozumel certainly doesn't need priority tendering. I can't imagine we'll need to call guest services and there's no extra restaurant on the Paradise.

But, to avoid having to schlep our carryon-on (including our wine), I thought we could buy FTTF for one cabin and throw all of our stuff in it when we board.

Does this make sense? Seems a reasonable benefit for $12.50 a person to me, but I may be missing something.

Any ideas? I know FTTF is subjective!

Not 100% but I thought the only benefit suites got was priority embarkment and disembarkment. Only Platinum guests get the benefits of FTTF without paying for it. Hopefully someone will come along with a definite answer.

Regarding FTTF, I purchased it for my 2 rooms in November for my Liberty cruise and I thought it was well worth it for dropping off the luggage but the main reason I got it was for the priority tendering which we had at 2 ports. I did enjoy the benefit of no line at guest services too. It was nice to just walk up there when I had a few issues.

Depending what time you plan on getting to the port, your room may be available anyway. But if you plan on being there as early as possible, for $12.50, I'd do it.

Yep, GirlsCruise, that's what I think, too. If the hubbies were going to be along to be pack mules, it would be different. This time, especially since we have a short cruise, the faster we get to the ship the longer we can enjoy our balcony!

Thanks!

So, $50 is $50. It won't break me, but I don't want to spend it if it's not necessary.

We've got two grand suites on the Paradise for a 4 night and our only port is Cozumel.

We're four ladies, so the only reason I would consider FTTF is for the benefit of being able to take our carry-on stuff to the cabin first. I believe I remember that there is a separate boarding for suite guests, so that's not a benefit. Cozumel certainly doesn't need priority tendering. I can't imagine we'll need to call guest services and there's no extra restaurant on the Paradise.

But, to avoid having to schlep our carryon-on (including our wine), I thought we could buy FTTF for one cabin and throw all of our stuff in it when we board.

Does this make sense? Seems a reasonable benefit for $12.50 a person to me, but I may be missing something.

Any ideas? I know FTTF is subjective!

If they offer FTTF for the Carnival Sunshine out of New Orleans next year, I will purchase it. My main reason for having the FTFF is simple. My husband is blind in one eye (legally) and unless you know this, you cannot tell he is handicapped. I was told by Carnival that there are no special boarding privileges for people with disabilities unless you are in a wheelchair. So...being able to board because he has problems seeing is easier for us. He's also older and gets flustered quickly. I also like the idea of having our luggage delivered to the room quicker so that we can get unpacked. I believe it's just something you will have to determine is it worth it for you.

Suites do NOT get the benefit of easy access to the cabin. They do get priority check in

There is a lot of suites and only a handful of FTTF available.

The cabin steward would have to turn over ALL those suites before 11am-- not gonna happen.

Purchase the FTTF if its important

Along with the room being ready when you get on we found a benefit just as good. We didnt have to wait in line at the customer service desk when we had a question. The nasty looks you get from those in line is priceless!!!

If that is the only reason, I'm not sure it's worth it. To be honest, on just about every cruise I've been on I go to my room as soon as I board, as long as the fire doors are open. Last time I cruised, a group of us all went single rate. Everyone but me got FTTF so I just piggy backed off a friend's FTTF boarding pass. As soon as I got on we had a few drinks and then went to our rooms. Mine was still being worked on but they were very cordial and let them know I was just dropping my stuff and throwing some items in the safe. Didn't go back to the room until it was done.

If that is the only reason, I'm not sure it's worth it. To be honest, on just about every cruise I've been on I go to my room as soon as I board, as long as the fire doors are open. Last time I cruised, a group of us all went single rate. Everyone but me got FTTF so I just piggy backed off a friend's FTTF boarding pass. As soon as I got on we had a few drinks and then went to our rooms. Mine was still being worked on but they were very cordial and let them know I was just dropping my stuff and throwing some items in the safe. Didn't go back to the room until it was done.

when doing it this way you want to be careful as those cabins are not secured yet. Cabins will be secured at the time stated. Do not leave anything of value before that time.

Archived