Advise needed from solo cruisers

Ms. T

I just booked my first solo. I'm driving to the port, which I've done many times before, so no worries there. I usually drive in the morning of the cruise and get there about 10 am. I realized when I am on a cruise with others, we usually split up and do different things - just getting together for dinner. So, this won't be much different. If I don't get the courage to go into the dining room, then I'll just eat on Lido. I actually would prefer to eat alone if I can't be with a large group of solos. I'll let you know how it goes!

I took my first solo last December and will be solo again this December. I did feel a bit nervous when I booked. However, as the cruise drew closer, I got more and more excited. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've never been more relaxed than I was on my cruise. I did what I wanted whenever I wanted. I also made some really great friends.

Bottom line: go with the "I'm gonna have a great time" attitude and enjoy your cruise! Bon voyage!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my first cruise in 2011, Solo, and I was 61. The best thing I ever did!!!

I don't have to listen to "Why do you want to take a nap?", etc. A couple times I have shared a stateroom with someone, and I held my breath when I came to the room, hoping the person wasn't there...lol.

Like others have said, a Kindle, if you like to read, is perfect for relaxing on the Lido with a cup of coffee.

I have no worries about safety at all.

Melanie

My cabin mate may flake on our cruise & not go...Can't find anyone to take their place.

Little nervous about going solo.:eek:

Not sure if I should go alone (security issues) or just cancel my cruise :( :confused:

What's your experience cruising solo...good & bad experiences welcomed

Thanks for bringing my name up guys! :D

Ms. T, I've taken 4 solo cruises (and a few solo land trips as well) and love it. DON'T CANCEL YOUR CRUISE!!!! You won't have any more security issues than you would have if you were traveling with someone. Just always be aware of your surroundings and use your best judgment. Be social and say hello to people in the elevator, at the buffet, pool, etc. You can meet a lot of people that way. Also Carnival is great about seating solo cruisers with other solo travelers. My most recent solo cruise was on the Valor two months ago. Someone posted the link to my review from it, and it's also in my signature. I was nervous about my first solo cruise too 6 years ago. Now, it's become my preferred way to travel. There's none of that I wanna go here, I don't wanna do that, what's our game plan, etc. You get to do what you want, when you want. Go and have fun! :)

Archived