Epic Studio Cabins

karoo

Just went into the NCL.com booking site and noticed that all the studio cabins for all future sailings have suddenly sold out. Does anyone know what has happened. There were plenty available on most sailings just 2 days ago.

Just went into the NCL.com booking site and noticed that all the studio cabins for all future sailings have suddenly sold out. Does anyone know what has happened. There were plenty available on most sailings just 2 days ago.

Probably just another computer glitch. It seems to happen more than it should on that site. I'd just try again in a couple of hours.

Cheers.

Weird thing was I contacted the NCL rep via email about the date I was interested in as I was having trouble booking it and she informed me that that date was now sold out. I gave her an alternative date, but she informed me that was sold out too even though at that time they weren't showing up as sold out. I also asked her what happened to all the studio cabins that were available, but she hasn't got back to me.

But I will check back in a few days.

Weird thing was I contacted the NCL rep via email about the date I was interested in as I was having trouble booking it and she informed me that that date was now sold out. I gave her an alternative date, but she informed me that was sold out too even though at that time they weren't showing up as sold out. I also asked her what happened to all the studio cabins that were available, but she hasn't got back to me.

But I will check back in a few days.

Are you looking at Epic or Breakaway Studios? Just curious.

I was looking at the Epic studios. Booked out all the way through to as far as 2015. ( the last dates available).

Yep. Definitely a site issue. Check back later.

FYI Karoo, I've sailed in the Epic Studios three times and had a blast. It's a great deal for solo cruisers.

yes-I was told today it was a computer glitch as studio cabins on the Epic are still available. Unsure if it's a glitch or a marketing ploy to get you to book different cabins. Anyhow I was able to book one over the phone.

I noticed that regular inside cabins usually are cheaper even when booked by only one person than the single studios.

This seems strange as the inside cabins can accommodate at least two persons while the studios have been designed specifically for single travellers.

Any idea why this is?

Besides, the inside cabins are slightly bigger I think, so why would anyone book a smaller cabin at a higher price?

I noticed that regular inside cabins usually are cheaper even when booked by only one person than the single studios.

This seems strange as the inside cabins can accommodate at least two persons while the studios have been designed specifically for single travellers.

Any idea why this is?

Besides, the inside cabins are slightly bigger I think, so why would anyone book a smaller cabin at a higher price?

The price quote for the regular inside cabin is a per person double occupancy rate, so a solo traveller would have to pay twice the rate as it is priced per double occupancy, but the studio room prices are priced for just one person and is usually about a 100.00 dollars or more less than the regular inside. But I have heard others say that they saw the regular inside cabins priced less than studios even paying double. What dates are you seeing this for?

Actually, I was referring to the cabin rate, as shown after choosing the number of travellers.

For example the Epic 7 nights Western Med cruise on May 25, 2014:

All prices in Euro and total per cabin:

Inside: 1 person: €664.-- / 2 persons: €948.-- (so €474 p.P.)

Studio: 1 person: €724.-- / Not shown for 2 persons.

When I travel solo I always have to pay double. The cruises I was looking at on the Epic, the Studio was cheaper than doubling the cost of an inside. I did look into this. Of course if double was cheaper I would take that as the cabins are bigger. I don't always travel alone. I just get more holidays than my BF. I also looked at the Jade as I love the jewel class ships but doubling the cost of an inside was still more. I try to save on the cost of the cabin as I always have to pay heaps for the airfare.

The cruises I was looking at on the Epic, the Studio was cheaper than doubling the cost of an inside.

But did you also look at the cost of the inside cabins? As you can see in my example above, they didn't double the rate when travelling single in an inside. Not sure if it applies to all cruises on Epic, but the ones I picked blindly, the insides were cheaper for one than the studio.

Maybe it's just supply and demand- the studios have proved to be really popular, so they can get more money for them.

Not sure -why- anyone would want a studio over an inside to themselves, but if they are selling at the high price, I can't see NCL charging less.

Actually, I was referring to the cabin rate, as shown after choosing the number of travellers.

For example the Epic 7 nights Western Med cruise on May 25, 2014:

All prices in Euro and total per cabin:

Inside: 1 person: €664.-- / 2 persons: €948.-- (so €474 p.P.)

Studio: 1 person: €724.-- / Not shown for 2 persons.

For me the studio was cheaper-$1049 US or $1798 US for an inside. Maybe you guys get different rates.

Perhaps that pricing mentioned above was for European prices or itineraries because I've pretty much kept track of Epic prices for solo travelers in the Caribbean region and I think MAYBE once I have seen it where it was cheaper in an inside cabin than a studio for a single person. :confused:

It's just a glitch (that they should have fixed by now). Although it says "sold out" on the main Epic cruises page you can pick a date, click on Studio category, see the available rooms and book.

I just did a fake booking.

Not sure -why- anyone would want a studio over an inside to themselves.

I think you get access to the solo cruiser lounge and some other perks specifically designed for solos - that you can only get with the studios, not if you are solo on an inside. I would think some of the perks might be worth the 'upgrade' to a smaller room....?

I sent an email to NCL tech support so they are aware of the issue.

Cheers.

It's definitely a glitch as I booked a studio on the weekend. E mailed NCL and a rep got back to first of all saying they were all sold out for my dates. When I asked what had happened to them all, she then got back to me and i was able to book a cabin. Definitely do a dummy booking because they then show up. Didn't over the weekend though. I would have had to pay an extra $750 to book an inside as I book through the US site and I have to double the original quote. Maybe next time I'll go through the European site to see if it's a better deal.

Slightly off topic-ColinIllinois-Did you do the Med itinerary last year? I'm boarding in Rome and I'm just interested how the separate embarkations work. eg from Barcelona/Rome/Marseille.

It's definitely a glitch as I booked a studio on the weekend. E mailed NCL and a rep got back to first of all saying they were all sold out for my dates. When I asked what had happened to them all, she then got back to me and i was able to book a cabin. Definitely do a dummy booking because they then show up. Didn't over the weekend though. I would have had to pay an extra $750 to book an inside as I book through the US site and I have to double the original quote. Maybe next time I'll go through the European site to see if it's a better deal.

Slightly off topic-ColinIllinois-Did you do the Med itinerary last year? I'm boarding in Rome and I'm just interested how the separate embarkations work. eg from Barcelona/Rome/Marseille.

I sure didn't Karoo. Might want to start a new thread and ask that question. Plenty of people have done that on this board and these fine folks will be glad to answer your question.

It's just a glitch (that they should have fixed by now). Although it says "sold out" on the main Epic cruises page you can pick a date, click on Studio category, see the available rooms and book.

I just did a fake booking.

Good to know, thanks :)

Archived