Looking for Peaceful Uncrowded Beach

cwestbrook

I'm looking for a peaceful, uncrowded beach with some sort of shade, possibly hammocks or private cabanas. I don't want to sit in a crowded beach chair section totally exposed to the sun. I'm not going to play on toys, will probably have only one drink, will only eat a little lunch and won't be renting any gear.

Which beach area would fill my needs?

Thanks!

As you can't swim or go into the ocean ont he east side, except at Chen Rio. And there has bee some beach erosion due to storms last summer, I suggest you look at either Playa Palancar or Alberto's next door. These two are further down the west side past Paradise Beach and Mr Sanchos and nachi so the tend to get less of a crowd. Lots of reviews of Playa Palancar on TA.

http://www.albertosbeachbar.com/

PLaya Palancar on the SW tip of the island is uncrowded, has a good restaurant and bar and very beautiful. However, it is a $20 taxi ride each way from the Puerta Maya pier-probably one of the reasons it's not crowded :D

We went to Nachi Cocum last week. It was the best non ship excursion ever. $15 one way to the beach (split the fare if you have another couple going). It's a private club so book it before the cruise. $55/pp and all you can eat and drink. It says 4 courses, but you can keep ordering. The beach is serene and quiet, water is clear blue and beautiful. Tip the server first ($10) and you will get great service all day long

Archived