What is with all the crying over QOTS?

Oh brother....what exactly did NOOTS stand for? No Oasis of the Seas??

Exactly

LOL how ridiculous... I was on CC at that time and can't even remember that nonsense. Regardless, why expend energy trashing and campaigning against a new ship... how about you JUST DON'T SAIL IT. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL how ridiculous... I was on CC at that time and can't even remember that nonsense. Regardless, why expend energy trashing and campaigning against a new ship... how about you JUST DON'T SAIL IT. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because that would make way too much sense.

Since you feel that the negative reactions were not possible during the Oasis reveals, I present the following for your reading pleasure. I think you will see there was quite a mixed bag:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=794883&highlight=oasis

And here... worthy of noting 60% are "lukewarm at best"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1048525&highlight=oasis+poll

Please, please read the posts you answer:)

Same reaction is technically not possible.

Oasis - speculations on what posters have no idea about.

Quantum - valid concerns based on ship facts and detailed renderings.

There was not the same negative stuff when RCI introduced Oasis.

I know because I pay attention to ships rather than to someone's posting history.

The same reaction on both ships is technically not possible.

The Oasis is a vast improvement and a unique design while the Quantum is a mix off losses and added bells and whistles.

OK, please forgive me as I'm truly trying to understand the point you're trying to make :). I've even gone back and done as requested and read the posts to which I'm responding to :)

You claimed that "there was not the same kind of negative stuff" when Oasis was introduced, so I offered up just one thread (of which there are MANY) to show that as soon as she was revealed (videos and renderings had just came out, just as in the case of QOS...which is why I chose this particular example thread to post. I thought it was the best comparison between the timelines), there were people who LOVED Oasis and people who had genuine concerns. There was PLENTY of NEGATIVE reaction.

"SAME reaction is not technically possible"? Please expound further as I do not get the point :)

You state that the Oasis posters were merely "speculating" on things they "knew nothing about". Yet, they had renderings and videos of the ship including Central Park and the Aquatheater to base their feelings off of (just as we have renderings and video to base our feelings off of) and these posters felt that it was too inward focussed and gets away from the sea (which is not a speculation at all and is actually true... I still LOVE both areas, yet they are valid concerns for people who like to sit and look at the sea all day long). People also looked at the renderings and videos and felt it was like a floating mall, a floating resort, too crowded, a city at sea, etc., and actually years later there are STILL people who feel this way about these ships. So how is this "speculations on something they knew nothing about"? They were basing their feelings off of what they saw. They were in fact "giving VALID concerns based on detailed renderings" and "the facts" given to them to that date, just as what is happening over QOS. Any negative complaints of QOS are based on what we have seen SO FAR (there are still at least 3 more reveals to go and plenty we have yet to still see).

These are just TWO examples of negative thought patterns people had toward the Oasis class ship right from the get go (and we can dig up more...lots more). Are they the SAME EXACT complaints that people have toward the QOS? Of course not, I'm not trying to say that they are, they are two totally different ships with totally different concepts. The point was that there was plenty of valid negative commentary from posters about the Oasis right from the get go and still is today. There are things you don't like about the QOS... there's nothing wrong with that (just as there's nothing wrong with you being disappointed with the ship design and missing things that have not been included on the ship), but there was PLENTY of negative feedback on the Oasis class of ships right from the reveal onward to this day, just as there are plenty of people who LOVE these ships. It is the same with the Quantum... from the get go... people who LOVE them and people who HATE them.

Let me the first to say... MUH-HEY?

It's technically not possible, so... theorectically it is? Basically it is? Supposedly it is? Really it is?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." What is the duality of expression you are trying to represent here?

Beyond that... what on Earth are you actually trying to say? I'm not understanding your point of view at all.

ETA:

The only thing I can guess is that you believe prior to Oasis, people had no concept of cruise ships. However, now everyone knows everything about cruises ships and there is nothing left to learn. That is wrong. People knew as much then as they know now. Quantum has enough new ideas and concepts that make it different than launching another Oasis-class or Freedom-class or whatever-class ship that already exists.

Please, please read the posts you answer:)

Let me correct the second part of your statement: Quantum- speculations without everything being revealed about the ship yet.

I'm not going to condemn a ship that hasn't even sailed yet and I prefer to actually sail on a ship and draw a conclusion that way instead of making my judgement based on an initial release and renderings when the CEO clearly stated there is more to come.

And you're wrong. People trashed Oasis from the beginning and still do today. If I'm not mistaken, you condemned the Celebrity Reflection and stated you would never sail on it, calling it the worst cruise ship in the industry. And you stated that it was a FACT. No... that is clearly speculation. You've also condemned the Royal Princess as being "badly solsticized." I don't believe it's sailed either. Why not just admit the real reason you're condemning Quantum? Because it reminds you of Celebrity S-class ship and it's quite clear how much you hate them.

I, for one, am looking forward to Quantum and getting to experience a new ship first hand. Just as I did with Oasis and Silhouette... and then scratched my head at all the negative things said about them afterwards as I felt they were both wonderful ships.

Let me correct the second part of your statement: Quantum- speculations without everything being revealed about the ship yet.

I'm not going to condemn a ship that hasn't even sailed yet and I prefer to actually sail on a ship and draw a conclusion that way instead of making my judgement based on an initial release and renderings when the CEO clearly stated there is more to come.

And you're wrong. People trashed Oasis from the beginning and still do today. If I'm not mistaken, you condemned the Celebrity Reflection and stated you would never sail on it, calling it the worst cruise ship in the industry. And you stated that it was a FACT. No... that is clearly speculation. You've also condemned the Royal Princess as being "badly solsticized." I don't believe it's sailed either. Why not just admit the real reason you're condemning Quantum? Because it reminds you of Celebrity S-class ship and it's quite clear how much you hate them.

I, for one, am looking forward to Quantum and getting to experience a new ship first hand. Just as I did with Oasis and Silhouette... and then scratched my head at all the negative things said about them afterwards as I felt they were both wonderful ships.

Well said Chris! Like you I try to reserve my positive and negative comments until I sail on the ship. Then I make a decision based on my own likes/dislikes. But I don't try to influence anyone else. I loved ships others don't and hated ships that others loved. To each his own. Happy Cruising!

Also, lets face it, we're all anxiously awaiting the rest of the renderings but as we've learned with Breakaway in the last week, there are things we won't know until real flesh and blood guests set foot on the ship. Lets look at Breakaway:

Example 1: the narrow outdoor promenade. WHOA, really, only two people can fit side-by-side? :eek: I didn't get that impression from the renderings AT ALL.

Example 2: those teeny tiny balconies. Reminds me of Carnival Spirit class balconies, minus the outward opening door at least. Won't keep me off the ship, but someone from my roll call bailed already because of that!

I don't think (and correct me if I'm wrong) these issues were even contemplated until we had real guests and CC members with their video cameras on board!

You've also condemned the Royal Princess as being "badly solsticized." I don't believe it's sailed either. Why not just admit the real reason you're condemning Quantum? Because it reminds you of Celebrity S-class ship and it's quite clear how much you hate them.

I think he has pretty much admitted the real reasons already and wouldn't argue with you that he hates the influence the Celebrity S-Class has had on many new cruise ships. Yup, he was the OP of the Royal Princess: Badly Solsticized thread. The Royal Princess just completed its sea trials. We have it booked for Baltics next summer. Looks very "Princess" to me, but I suppose there are some who aren't happy that there is no wrap around promenade or AFT pool (two things that I could not possibly care less about). All new classes have additions and deletions. If you don't like that balance, then Princess still has all of the Grand Class Clones (how many ships were they going to make that looked exactl alike :rolleyes:) or RCI's Freedom Class. What's great about RCI is the many different classes of ships it has. Most of Princess older smaller ships were purchased from other cruise lines and just about all of the rest are very similar. Time to move on.

OK, please forgive me as I'm truly trying to understand the point you're trying to make :). I've even gone back and done as requested and read the posts to which I'm responding to :)

You claimed that "there was not the same kind of negative stuff" when Oasis was introduced, so I offered up just one thread (of which there are MANY) to show that as soon as she was revealed (videos and renderings had just came out, just as in the case of QOS...which is why I chose this particular example thread to post. I thought it was the best comparison between the timelines), there were people who LOVED Oasis and people who had genuine concerns. There was PLENTY of NEGATIVE reaction.

"SAME reaction is not technically possible"? Please expound further as I do not get the point :)

You state that the Oasis posters were merely "speculating" on things they "knew nothing about". Yet, they had renderings and videos of the ship including Central Park and the Aquatheater to base their feelings off of (just as we have renderings and video to base our feelings off of) and these posters felt that it was too inward focussed and gets away from the sea (which is not a speculation at all and is actually true... I still LOVE both areas, yet they are valid concerns for people who like to sit and look at the sea all day long). People also looked at the renderings and videos and felt it was like a floating mall, a floating resort, too crowded, a city at sea, etc., and actually years later there are STILL people who feel this way about these ships. So how is this "speculations on something they knew nothing about"? They were basing their feelings off of what they saw. They were in fact "giving VALID concerns based on detailed renderings" and "the facts" given to them to that date, just as what is happening over QOS. Any negative complaints of QOS are based on what we have seen SO FAR (there are still at least 3 more reveals to go and plenty we have yet to still see).

These are just TWO examples of negative thought patterns people had toward the Oasis class ship right from the get go (and we can dig up more...lots more). Are they the SAME EXACT complaints that people have toward the QOS? Of course not, I'm not trying to say that they are, they are two totally different ships with totally different concepts. The point was that there was plenty of valid negative commentary from posters about the Oasis right from the get go and still is today. There are things you don't like about the QOS... there's nothing wrong with that (just as there's nothing wrong with you being disappointed with the ship design and missing things that have not been included on the ship), but there was PLENTY of negative feedback on the Oasis class of ships right from the reveal onward to this day, just as there are plenty of people who LOVE these ships. It is the same with the Quantum... from the get go... people who LOVE them and people who HATE them.

I re read this twice and still am sure not what point you are trying to make .

I can understand that some might be disappointed about the first reveal of QOS but there is more to come and would much rather reserve my judgement until all is revealed.

I re read this twice and still am sure not what point you are trying to make .

I can understand that some might be disappointed about the first reveal of QOS but there is more to come and would much rather reserve my judgement until all is revealed.

MY POINT was that I did not understand someone else's point and was requesting further explanation. Personally, I'm THRILLED over the moon with the Quantum reveals AND it's home port :D and I can't WAIT to hear more! :cool:

I was merely requesting further information from a different poster. This particular poster is unhappy with the QOS reveal and stated that there was not the same negative reactions surrounding the Oasis reveal. When someone else challenged that statement, the poster responded that it was not 'technically possible' for the Oasis to have had the same negative reactions. To which I posted 2 links to threads on the reveal of the Oasis and the overall feedback it was getting at the time of its reveal (both good and bad). In response I was requested to please be sure to read posts before I respond, because he was saying the "SAME reaction is technically not possible". I admittedly have no idea what this means and was making a friendly cruise critic attempt to try and understand someone else's point of view :)

Hope that clears up the point of my post :)

Exactly

I seem to recall it meant "Never on Oasis of The Seas"
Whatever it actually did stand for, I remember how ridiculous it was. They were "proud members" and had it included in their signature. Now I would bet the majority of "NOOTS" have taken a cruise on Oasis or Allure. I often wonder why people start such drama to begin with over a brand new cruise ship. It's not that difficult, if you don't like it, move on to other ships.

Whatever it actually did stand for, I remember how ridiculous it was. They were "proud members" and had it included in their signature. Now I would bet the majority of "NOOTS" have taken a cruise on Oasis or Allure. I often wonder why people start such drama to begin with over a brand new cruise ship. It's not that difficult, if you don't like it, move on to other ships.

AMEN to that! I totally agree!

I don't see why people get so worked up over the NY/NJ vs Florida debate. I understand people are excited about Quantum sailing out of NJ, but is it really necessary to get so nasty about it? So what if you have to fly to FL, and vice versa? There are plenty of people who are going to travel long distances and invest a great deal of money either way because we simply don't have many options out west. Personally, I would be thrilled to be anywhere that I could take advantage of some last-minute deals.

IMO, if someone wants to sail on a particular ship badly enough, it really won't matter where it leaves from. I will be sailing out of Manhattan for the first time in a few weeks. For me personally, a trip out of FL would have been cheaper and a lot easier to coordinate but we want to go on Breakaway so we are going to bite the bullet. I am sure that once I am on the ship, I will love the views sailing out of NY. That being said, I admit that I know nothing about the time and expense involved in getting to Bayonne.

It will be tough to outdo what has already been done on Oasis and Allure. My only complaint about those two ships is that they don't have more interesting itineraries. Otherwise, the Oasis-class ships definitely have the WOW factor.

I was excited about some of the things they revealed about Quantum but I am not totally convinced of its greatness at this point. Two of its main selling points are the North Star and RipCord. Both look impressive but they both only handle a small number of people at a time so I wonder what the wait time is going to be like and how RCCL deals with that issue. When we were on Allure, there were lines for the Flowriders, but they generally moved pretty quickly since it doesn't take most people very long to wipe out. That doesn't mean I won't consider Quantum. It just means that I am going to be watching to see what else they come up with because the ship is going to have to be the deciding factor since the 7-day itinerary I saw didn't seem all that spectacular.

It's a good thing that there are so many options out there for people to choose from, yet there will still be those people who are never quite happy and too bad for them.

I don't see why people get so worked up over the NY/NJ vs Florida debate. I understand people are excited about Quantum sailing out of NJ, but is it really necessary to get so nasty about it?

Exactly. There are people on here calling others "crybabies" when in truth, the name callers are no different then the people they are trying to insult. They are excited about QOS for the same exact reason Floridians aren't excited about it. We all love having a ship at home, going to the Caribbean and preventing air travel. It's kinda stupid to get all emotional about it and start name calling.

I think that it's great that the northeast is getting a new ship. That have had the Explorer for years and have proved that they deserve a larger newer ship. Florida has it share of the newer ships with the Oasis and Freedom class. RCI is just spreading the love.:)

Also the Quantum class is designed for cooler weather cruising. Makes perfect sense to place them in the areas with this type weather.

I don't see why people get so worked up over the NY/NJ vs Florida debate. I understand people are excited about Quantum sailing out of NJ, but is it really necessary to get so nasty about it? So what if you have to fly to FL, and vice versa? There are plenty of people who are going to travel long distances and invest a great deal of money either way because we simply don't have many options out west. Personally, I would be thrilled to be anywhere that I could take advantage of some last-minute deals.

IMO, if someone wants to sail on a particular ship badly enough, it really won't matter where it leaves from. I will be sailing out of Manhattan for the first time in a few weeks. For me personally, a trip out of FL would have been cheaper and a lot easier to coordinate but we want to go on Breakaway so we are going to bite the bullet. I am sure that once I am on the ship, I will love the views sailing out of NY. That being said, I admit that I know nothing about the time and expense involved in getting to Bayonne.

It will be tough to outdo what has already been done on Oasis and Allure. My only complaint about those two ships is that they don't have more interesting itineraries. Otherwise, the Oasis-class ships definitely have the WOW factor.

I was excited about some of the things they revealed about Quantum but I am not totally convinced of its greatness at this point. Two of its main selling points are the North Star and RipCord. Both look impressive but they both only handle a small number of people at a time so I wonder what the wait time is going to be like and how RCCL deals with that issue. When we were on Allure, there were lines for the Flowriders, but they generally moved pretty quickly since it doesn't take most people very long to wipe out. That doesn't mean I won't consider Quantum. It just means that I am going to be watching to see what else they come up with because the ship is going to have to be the deciding factor since the 7-day itinerary I saw didn't seem all that spectacular.

It's a good thing that there are so many options out there for people to choose from, yet there will still be those people who are never quite happy and too bad for them.

Agree with you 100 percent! I'm waiting for more details to be released on Quantum. If it's a new ship and I want to try it out I don't care what U.S. port it's going to be docked at.... I'll make the travel arrangements to go there. I think that annoys me is the people who have already made their mind up that Quantum is going to be a terrible ship. They did the same b.s. when Oasis and Allure were first revealed.

By the way, I'm not entirely impressed with the 7 day itinerary either. But I'll go because of the ship :)

"not impressed" does not necessarilly equal terrible or doomed for failure. it simply means a lot of people found the plans to be uninspiring, perhaps dissappointing. not for nothing, but with all these bells and whistles Quantam pricing will probably be right up there with flying to Florida and getting on an older ship so it may be a wash.

"not impressed" does not necessarilly equal terrible or doomed for failure. it simply means a lot of people found the plans to be uninspiring, perhaps dissappointing.

I've probably posted this about 14 times already, but I just don't understand how so many people can be "not impressed" when HALF of the ship HASN'T BEEN REVEALED YET.

Gee wiz people.

I've probably posted this about 14 times already, but I just don't understand how so many people can be "not impressed" when HALF of the ship HASN'T BEEN REVEALED YET.

Gee wiz people.

I agree. We have seen nothing on the dining or entertainment options. We have seen a quarter of the ship. I still say that if the ship does not interest a person then they do not have to take a cruise on it. Simple as that.

Gee wiz people.

We are simply not impressed with what we have seen from the "big reveal", the same as the people who ARE impressed are happy with what THEY have seen. We may take a cruise on it, we may not take a cruise on it, who knows....but aren't we entitled to our opinion as well as the cheerleaders?

Archived