Which door?!

sotong

Loads of suggestions that an overdoor storage hanger is a must and with 3 of us in an inside cabin I've decided to give it a go.

However looking around there are lots of different types and ways of hanging them. For those of you that swear by these can I ask

A) what sort of hangers do they have hooks, straps etc

B) where do you hang them as I'm sure that any hooks on ghe top of the hangars won't go over the bathroom door due to the width and the way they fit securely, can you hang them over the wardrobe doors?

I note that some of you use the hook on the back of the bathroom door but don't think I want to do this, are there any other hooks in the room?

Thanks for help and sorry if this has already been discussed, I did do a search to find!

Gillian.

Since the great idea to use one of these is to fill it with "toiletries", make up, etc., you would want to hang it on the inside of the bathroom door, which will have robe hooks and you can use any kind of hanger on them. You could also hang them on the towel bar(s), but I would be mindful of the weight.

Ours is not really an over the door, it's got a closet hanger at the top and we hang ours behind the cabin door on the outside wall of the bath which has a hook...they usually hang a plastic laundry bag on it as well as the breakfast room service menu. But it's out of our way there, we always see it on leaving the room so it helps us remember what to bring with us(seapass, sunglasses, etc.) and when the steward opens the door and puts the door stop to keep it open, it's out of his way and view. It sure helps keep the counters and cabin in shipshape condition...I'm a tidy neatnik. I know...obsessive!:)

I finally brought one on our last cruise and it was great for keeping all those messy odds and ends in one place. I hung it inside the closet on the cable that goes across, near the top. I put snacks, tea, sweeteners, sunscreen, anything that didn't "have a home." It was easy to get to and kept the stateroom and bathroom neat.

Archived