just changed to a spa interior cabin...

ViolaSwamp

...from a spa balcony. (on our upcoming Splendor sailing)

The price really dropped for an interior and I figure being on the Panorama deck we will be only a few steps away from that "secret" deck anyhow. I REALLY wanted to keep spa access and the cabin location (I like higher decks, forward) and figured I could take the $600ish in savings and apply that to our upcoming land based vacation this summer.

I think I might miss having a balcony at my disposal but I'm sure that will be mitigated by having the "secret" deck so close by... and realistically we don't spend much time in our cabin anyway, except to change and sleep (and occasionally nap). With the spa access I expect to spend much more of my "free" time chillaxing there anyhow. I'm sure we can enjoy the sights sailing out of and in to NYC and the other ports from the "secret" deck.

I guess the point of this post was to just reassure myself that we'll be fine, reverting to an interior cabin from the past couple of cruises with balcony cabins. :eek: :D

Right? Carry on. :p

The only time I wanted to use the secret balconys was a 4J someone moved me to on Conquest the end of Feb.

It was too windy to open the secret decks. Its up to the captain of the ship if the secret deck doors are unlocked or not.

I went to the pursers desk late one day in port and they got them open that day and the next, but locked them in the 3rd port and on the way back home.

If the deck is open fine.. if not.. just hang out at Lido. Be prepared to always go with the flow.

The only time I wanted to use the secret balconys was a 4J someone moved me to on Conquest the end of Feb.

It was too windy to open the secret decks. Its up to the captain of the ship if the secret deck doors are unlocked or not.

I went to the pursers desk late one day in port and they got them open that day and the next, but locked them in the 3rd port and on the way back home.

If the deck is open fine.. if not.. just hang out at Lido. Be prepared to always go with the flow.

Yep! One floor down to the Lido OR one floor up to the Spa deck OR just heading down midship on the Panorama deck itself is the backup plan to go outdoors, if the "secret" deck is closed :)

One of the reasons I like forward/high cabin locations - never far from the great outdoors :)

...from a spa balcony. (on our upcoming Splendor sailing)

The price really dropped for an interior and I figure being on the Panorama deck we will be only a few steps away from that "secret" deck anyhow. I REALLY wanted to keep spa access and the cabin location (I like higher decks, forward) and figured I could take the $600ish in savings and apply that to our upcoming land based vacation this summer.

I think I might miss having a balcony at my disposal but I'm sure that will be mitigated by having the "secret" deck so close by... and realistically we don't spend much time in our cabin anyway, except to change and sleep (and occasionally nap). With the spa access I expect to spend much more of my "free" time chillaxing there anyhow. I'm sure we can enjoy the sights sailing out of and in to NYC and the other ports from the "secret" deck.

I guess the point of this post was to just reassure myself that we'll be fine, reverting to an interior cabin from the past couple of cruises with balcony cabins. :eek: :D

Right? Carry on. :p

Very good idea.

• 1 month later...

I switched us back to a spa balcony cabin a few weeks ago, since DH was whining too much. :p

He was spoiled on our last cruise and now refuses to sail in anything less than a balcony! Me, while I LOVE balcony cabins, I'm also very frugal and would be happy to go back to an interior if the price and location are right. Guess I will have to make do in a balcony for the time being. :D And probably will only revert to an interior if I go on a cruise with my girlfriends or something. :cool:

Archived