On Board Cruise Spending Credit 7 max or 14?

tamsocal

we are booked on a 14 day cruisetour-- 7 cruise days and 7 land tour days.

what is the max OB spending credit days we can accrue?

7 or 14?

Does spending during the cruisetour count? ie booking excursions at Denali, etc?

we are booked on a 14 day cruisetour-- 7 cruise days and 7 land tour days.

what is the max OB spending credit days we can accrue?

7 or 14?

Does spending during the cruisetour count? ie booking excursions at Denali, etc?

When we went to Alaska in 2008, we received credit for our land portion..ie: 14 days on HAL..

Did not get credit for our land tours though as they only started that program in 2009..

However our tour through Denali was part of our HAL land portion & don't understand why you would get extra spending credit for your land portion..

Suggest you check with HAL or your TA..Maybe you could post the answer here..

Enjoy your cruise/tour..We loved it & HAL does an excellent job..Of course we had a wonderful driver/guide the entire time..

cheers..Betty

However our tour through Denali was part of our HAL land portion & don't understand why you would get extra spending credit for your land portion..

The bonus onboard spending credits you can earn aren't for tours already included in the base price of your land portion (like the bus tour at Denali). Any additional excursions you purchase on the land portion do count, however. We paid for additional excursions at Denali and Alyeska, and we received onboard spending credits for them.

The bonus onboard spending credits you can earn aren't for tours already included in the base price of your land portion (like the bus tour at Denali). Any additional excursions you purchase on the land portion do count, however. We paid for additional excursions at Denali and Alyeska, and we received onboard spending credits for them.

Yes, ^^ that.

We did a 7 day cruise and got 21 days credited:

7 days for the cruise

7 days - double points for booking a suite

7 days for our onboard spending, most of which were excursions booked online before we sailed, Pinnacle reservations, and alcohol for our cabin.

So you can potentially get a lot of days for onboard spending in addition to cruise days and the land days

We did a 7 day cruise and got 21 days credited:

7 days for the cruise

7 days - double points for booking a suite

7 days for our onboard spending, most of which were excursions booked online before we sailed, Pinnacle reservations, and alcohol for our cabin.

So you can potentially get a lot of days for onboard spending in addition to cruise days and the land days

Dont torture me with this:D-- I have tried to not let me convince myself--> "but you could have 42 cruise credits if you upgrade to an S category and then we would be at 3 star mariner..... "

14 for cruise, 14 for double suite & 14 for spending.......

NO SUITE this time, NO SUITE this time........I have to keep repeating .

DH says he'll be shocked if I dont change to an S--

Dont torture me with this:D-- I have tried to not let me convince myself--> "but you could have 42 cruise credits if you upgrade to an S category and then we would be at 3 star mariner..... "

14 for cruise, 14 for double suite & 14 for spending.......

NO SUITE this time, NO SUITE this time........I have to keep repeating .

DH says he'll be shocked if I dont change to an S--

Even if you did upgrade to a Suite, you wouldn't be 3 star until your next cruise.

Even if you did upgrade to a Suite, you wouldn't be 3 star until your next cruise.

yes correct-- but one cruise sooner than not for 2 cruises

3 star on HAL doesnt excite me too much anyways :)

we have gotten more out of Princess for our personal preference/benefit

Archived