6 am Eielson shuttle , help please

petlady7

Hi

We have booked the 6am Eielson shuttle , does anybody know how we can get there for 5.30 am please ?

We are staying at the princess lodge and understand that their shuttles dont start until 7 am , we do not have a car

Any help/advice much appreciated , thank you

The easiest option is to pay the $4 cancel fee, then book a shuttle for 8am or later.

Otherwise, look up the shuttle service offered by Denali Salmon Bake. There's also a taxi service in Denali ... google the Denali Chamber of Commerce and look under 'transportation'. I don't know if they operate that early and no doubt it will cost far more than the $4 cancel fee.

Hi

We have booked the 6am Eielson shuttle , does anybody know how we can get there for 5.30 am please ?

We are staying at the princess lodge and understand that their shuttles dont start until 7 am , we do not have a car

Any help/advice much appreciated , thank you

Only option you have is to walk the 1+++ mile walk, unless Princess is available off hours for a fee, which they were last year after hours. You will have to call them directly in a couple weeks and inquire.

Otherwise, like suggested cancel, and rebook a later shuttle bus.

Or maybe a taxi if they start early enough ?

I would not count on any "taxi". IF there happens to be "one", you will be lucky. IF you want to take a chance of missing this tour, then consider it. Otherwise, you have been given the best options, walking or canceling and booking a 8am or later shuttle bus.

I would not count on any "taxi". IF there happens to be "one", you will be lucky. IF you want to take a chance of missing this tour, then consider it. Otherwise, you have been given the best options, walking or canceling and booking a 8am or later shuttle bus.

No luck involved. A taxi service does operate and did last year as confirmed by a local resident. Also to avoid confusion it is a shuttle not a tour.

No luck involved. A taxi service does operate and did last year as confirmed by a local resident. Also to avoid confusion it is a shuttle not a tour.

There was no taxi available the three days I was there last year. I specifically asked about it, and inquired directly and was told, they were already "booked" with Fairbanks transportation and would not be doing any "local" taxi work. This was also the case the year before.

I would only recommend this option, if arrangements- with a paypall payment etc made in advance.

Just to let other people know , I have managed to book a cab with denali taxi shuttle for 5.15 am to get us to the WAC for the 6 am Eileson shuttle , we prefer to get up and out early in the day , hopefully see more wildlife too , hope this helps others

There was no taxi available the three days I was there last year. I specifically asked about it, and inquired directly and was told, they were already "booked" with Fairbanks transportation and would not be doing any "local" taxi work. This was also the case the year before.

I would only recommend this option, if arrangements- with a paypall payment etc made in advance.

That is different than "being lucky." As confirmed by the OP, the taxi can be pre-booked.

Luck would have come into play, if they didn't prebook. :)

Perhaps true, but I disagree with your post above:

The poster was not given all the "best options." The best option is what the poster did - pre-book the taxi.

• 4 weeks later...

Would you mind sharing the information about who you contacted and the price?

I am the same situation... staying at the Princess Denali and taking a 6:45am shuttle to Wonder Lake.

I called the hotel and they suggested that I walk the 3 miles :eek:

I'm surprised more people don't have this issue...

We walked it three years ago. It wasn't too bad. There was a path the whole way. The Princess lodge did have info about a Taxi, but we didn't even call. We were VERY glad to be on the early shuttle ahead of the crowds and to have a full day in Denali.

Would you mind sharing the information about who you contacted and the price?

I am the same situation... staying at the Princess Denali and taking a 6:45am shuttle to Wonder Lake.

I called the hotel and they suggested that I walk the 3 miles :eek:

I'm surprised more people don't have this issue...

It is 3 miles ROUND TRIP not one way.

I am not surprised more people don't have this issue. Most cruisetour passengers want everything planned for them - that is why most of them chose a cruisetour in the first place. Most also have no clue about the differences in the various tours and shuttles in the park.

Thanks for the responses. I contacted that taxi company but have not heard back yet. If its only 1.5 miles, we may just walk it, as $35 is a bit absurd for 5 minute drive. I guess if that is what is needed to get to Wonder Lake though, it is well worth it.

TxEx2x, How long did the walk take you?

RE: Cruisetour pax wanting everything planned for them, I guess that makes sense. Normally I would not consider a packaged tour, but adding the land tour to our cruise (including all lodging and transportation) was the same price as just the train between Anchorage and Denali, so I could not pass it up.

Archived