Park and Stay close to Manhattan Cruiseport. Help!! Cruising on Splender Mar 1st

BigMike44

Hello everyone,

we are looking for something close to Manhattan Cruiseport. We want something we can take a taxi ride from. We have small children with us so alot of walking or transfers ould be nice top avoid. Please Help!!

I see you are sailing Mar 1, 2014. Unfortunately there aren't any park and cruise hotels close to the Manhattan pier. How many days is your cruise? Parking at the pier is currently $35/ day.

How old will your children be? What is your budget? The reality is that for a park/cruise you are looking at a park/sleep at either Newark or LaGuardia Airport and a car service to the pier in Manhattan.

I see you are sailing Mar 1, 2014. Unfortunately there aren't any park and cruise hotels close to the Manhattan pier. How many days is your cruise? Parking at the pier is currently $35/ day.

How old will your children be? What is your budget? The reality is that for a park/cruise you are looking at a park/sleep at either Newark or LaGuardia Airport and a car service to the pier in Manhattan.

Our cruise is for 8 days/nights. We parked at the pier before and found it expensive. Also did not really enjoy the drive to the port (we are from a small city in New Brunswick and didn't like the traffic) We have been looking at stay123.com but see that they only offer 2 hotels and the fair is $70 per couple...do they charge for children? Children will be 17 and 10 at the time of the cruise. So i guess they are kids anymore...lol

Ok - you have older children who can survive the adventure of getting from a hotel to the pier and are certainly old enough to be helpful.

You should be looking at Country Inns on stay123 at Newark airport. It's showing at $139 + tax. You must be picky where you leave your car in the Newark area. The cheapest hotels are not where you or your car should be staying.

The most economical and easiest way to get to Manhattan is to take the airport bus from one of the terminals to Port Authority ($28 rt for 3 of you and free for the 10 year old) and take a cab from PA to the pier. You can also book a car service, but that is going to run you $75 tolls and tip each way.

It's only an 8 day cruise, so each person should be able to manage their luggage.

Ok - you have older children who can survive the adventure of getting from a hotel to the pier and are certainly old enough to be helpful.

You should be looking at Country Inns on stay123 at Newark airport. It's showing at $139 + tax. You must be picky where you leave your car in the Newark area. The cheapest hotels are not where you or your car should be staying.

The most economical and easiest way to get to Manhattan is to take the airport bus from one of the terminals to Port Authority ($28 rt for 3 of you and free for the 10 year old) and take a cab from PA to the pier. You can also book a car service, but that is going to run you $75 tolls and tip each way.

It's only an 8 day cruise, so each person should be able to manage their luggage.

Thans for the info!

Also has anybody here left NYC early March on a cruise? When will it be warm enough to break out the shorts?? The next day??

We are sailing on her as you are leaving her (March 9 2014). From everything ive read wont likely be in shorts until the 2nd sea day, but with the cover over the lido pool it keeps it fairly warm.

We are sailing on her as you are leaving her (March 9 2014). From everything ive read wont likely be in shorts until the 2nd sea day, but with the cover over the lido pool it keeps it fairly warm.

Yeah that's what i was thinking too. We are driving down from Canada, i hope we don't hit bad weather on the way there.

And yes i'm glad they have the removeable cover as well ....

Yeah that's what i was thinking too. We are driving down from Canada, i hope we don't hit bad weather on the way there.

And yes i'm glad they have the removeable cover as well ....

Were driving down too, but i dont think its as far as you. Were driving to Albany, NY (about 7 hours from home) then taking Amtrak the last 2 hours into Penn Station. That way we dont have to worry about driving into NY and its a bit cheaper then parking at the pier.

Not sure if Amtrak would work for you but might be an option to look into.

Were driving down too, but i dont think its as far as you. Were driving to Albany, NY (about 7 hours from home) then taking Amtrak the last 2 hours into Penn Station. That way we dont have to worry about driving into NY and its a bit cheaper then parking at the pier.

Not sure if Amtrak would work for you but might be an option to look into.

Is Penn station close to the cruise port?

yes i have been hearing/reading that by the time u have been sailing for about 24hrs it will be warm enough to use the pool. if the weather is nice :cool:

Hello everyone,

we are looking for something close to Manhattan Cruiseport. We want something we can take a taxi ride from. We have small children with us so alot of walking or transfers ould be nice top avoid. Please Help!!

We are doing the same cruise as you in January, 2014. We live in Moncton. We are driving down. We booked with Stay 1,2,3 for the free parking. Our kids are 12 and 14. I would have loved to book the country inn and suites but it shows sold out on stay 1,2,3 So we are booked at the Holiday Inn LaGuardia airport. We are using a car service to get to the port. Mango sedans I think. Someone else recommended dial 7, you can get a quote online for number of people + number of bags etc including tolls and tips. Getting to the pier is not one thing I want to scrimp on. I want to be there on time and not have to worry about being ripped off by the taxi taking the long way around to jack up the fare. As you know we are already saving a ton of money on not having to pay for airfare for 4 people. Way too costly. Good luck finding a hotel. I searched for awhile before booking and looked at a lot of sites and tried to find something decent that didn't cost more than the cruise itself. Have a fantastic cruise :)

We are doing the same cruise as you in January, 2014. We live in Moncton. We are driving down. We booked with Stay 1,2,3 for the free parking. Our kids are 12 and 14. I would have loved to book the country inn and suites but it shows sold out on stay 1,2,3 So we are booked at the Holiday Inn LaGuardia airport. We are using a car service to get to the port. Mango sedans I think. Someone else recommended dial 7, you can get a quote online for number of people + number of bags etc including tolls and tips. Getting to the pier is not one thing I want to scrimp on. I want to be there on time and not have to worry about being ripped off by the taxi taking the long way around to jack up the fare. As you know we are already saving a ton of money on not having to pay for airfare for 4 people. Way too costly. Good luck finding a hotel. I searched for awhile before booking and looked at a lot of sites and tried to find something decent that didn't cost more than the cruise itself. Have a fantastic cruise :)

i can't wait to hear about your cruise!!We will be taking our kids too. i think we are going to try and book the country inn on stay123. then take a cab or car service tothe pier. please let us know how your cruise went and any info too....we are rookies

Archived