formal nite ?

Well, the link took a long time to open for me, but I'd say this isn't quite enough even for Carnival. Even though their nights are actually elegant evenings, to me, this falls a little short of that. It's fine for a casual evening though. Some will say to go ahead and wear it, and you may still, but I personally wouldn't. Now, it would be fine for any night on NCL because every night, casual is fine.

I give up, it seems like I either find something tooo dressy for carnival or not dressy enough

I have decided not to do a dress, because I am in a wheelchair for the majority of the time, and all that I find that I really like are too long and would possibly drag, or they are too dressy or they don't fit my age, I am about ready just to pack shorts and not go to mdr for any meals., Oh what fun:rolleyes: thanks again for all the advice I am done

I give up, it seems like I either find something tooo dressy for carnival or not dressy enough

I have decided not to do a dress, because I am in a wheelchair for the majority of the time, and all that I find that I really like are too long and would possibly drag, or they are too dressy or they don't fit my age, I am about ready just to pack shorts and not go to mdr for any meals., Oh what fun:rolleyes: thanks again for all the advice I am done

How about a little black dress with a shimmery stole or scarf? It does not have to be a long dress. Last cruise I saw more women in a LBD or cocktail dress than long formals on formal night.

As I said, it's perfectly fine for 5 of your 7 nights (assuming it's a 7 night cruise). Wear slacks or even capris and you're fine. You give up too easy.

I amazed that you are getting no's after so many threads say wear what you want; oh He doesn't need a tie, you get my point.

After reading your situation, if you like the top, wear it. It looks to be shiney and if you add a pair of blingy earrings, you will be fine. Wear it with a pair of nice black pants and you will be wearing what many say they wear. Just remember to be comfortable.

Also, as Gordonchick says "don't give up".

How about a little black dress with a shimmery stole or scarf? It does not have to be a long dress. Last cruise I saw more women in a LBD or cocktail dress than long formals on formal night.

wanted something different than a little black dress, on the last cruise in 2011 that is what I was wearing, wanted something to show some pop, some color, my thinking about the shirt was the glitzy factor from the sequins, the colors pop, I can wear it with dressy pants and a little bling to dress it up or wear jeans or capris with it other times, I am really not wanting to spend money on something to wear one time since I have no idea when we will go another cruise after the one in sept.

I am sorry I bothered you all with my posts. this is only my second cruise and I am so excited, and just really want to fit in that is why I was asking for advice from you all.

:)That top might look dressy enough with wide leg flowy pants.:) I wouldn't worry about being too dressed up on any cruiseline's formal or elegant night anyway. If you have photos taken you'll be happy that you dressed up.

wanted something different than a little black dress, on the last cruise in 2011 that is what I was wearing, wanted something to show some pop, some color, my thinking about the shirt was the glitzy factor from the sequins, the colors pop, I can wear it with dressy pants and a little bling to dress it up or wear jeans or capris with it other times, I am really not wanting to spend money on something to wear one time since I have no idea when we will go another cruise after the one in sept.

I am sorry I bothered you all with my posts. this is only my second cruise and I am so excited, and just really want to fit in that is why I was asking for advice from you all.

I think your plan is fine. And, I don't blame you for wanting to be frugal.

Wear that top and enjoy your cruise.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_016VA54252312P

is this glitzy enough for formal nite on carnival or not

I think it would be fine, paired with black dress pants.....especially if you put a glitzy neclase and earrings with it....maybe a blingy shawl.

We sail Princess and RCCL and have seen dining even on Formal nights become more casual with every cruise. It is a pretty top and will be perfect. Don't stress!!

Oh, come on ladies, give the OP a break. Maybe the top is not something that you would wear but it's fine. I've seen FAR less on formal nights on lines that still call it formal night.

I agree! Even on Princess when we cruised last year I was surprised at the number of people on formal nights dressed in what I would consider smart casual. You'll be fine, that top is really pretty!

All 3 options you presented look nice, paired with black pants, and if you tend to get cold in the dining room, a pashmina or shawl over your shoulders. I will be wearing pretty much the same, black pants, sparkly top, and shawl when I'm on Carnival Sunshine in Oct. Go and have a great time!

I amazed that you are getting no's after so many threads say wear what you want; oh He doesn't need a tie, you get my point.

After reading your situation, if you like the top, wear it. It looks to be shiney and if you add a pair of blingy earrings, you will be fine. Wear it with a pair of nice black pants and you will be wearing what many say they wear. Just remember to be comfortable.

Also, as Gordonchick says "don't give up".

My opinion exactly. It has sequins on it and I really don't think anyone will be like "gasp!!" she's wearing short sleeves and a shirt with a cotton back on elegant night. Paired with black dress pants and jewelry you will be fine. I can also guarantee you that you will be look nicer than many that evening. :) Enjoy!

I believe it must be very frustrating being in a wheelchair and having to find something suitable, so on that score I truly sympathise but I have to say I think you have been quite rude in more than 1 post here and previous threads if I remember rightly when you don't like what you read.

If I have interpreted your posts wrongly then I do apologise but I see it as quite petulant when someone says, sorry I wasted your time with my posts, I give up, what no replies or words to that effect. You asked and people gave their opinion and that is all it is so why so upset in at least 3 replies (post 2/6/10). Maybe you don't realise how it comes across or maybe I am the only one who thought wow what's up with her?

And in answer to the top, no it isn't really a formal top but we are not in your situation so wear what you find comfortable in. I hope you find something you like and have a lovely cruise.

Join our Roll Call..please.....this one will be my 76th cruze..(51st Carnival) what can I help you with, Darlin?...judi

Archived