O/W Cabana no shade?

just got an email in response to my request for over water cabana on Barefoot Beach. The conceirge says they don't offer any shade? Because I have had skin cancer it is important for me to be out of direct sun if possible. Does anyone know if these do not offer much shade?

There is no shade as they are directly on the water - no tree's around - however - there is shade "inside" the cabana where you can sit in the shade for some relief - if you want to sit on a lounger it will be direct sun. We had W3 & W4.

Absolutely. We always get the hillside cabanas, usually H 1 or H 3. We try to avoid a lot of sun as well. At times you do get some sun no matter what you do and then we go inside the cabana where it's always shady:)

Use LOTS of sunscreen....and there is plenty of shade around....trees galore! And, you don't have to spend the entire day on the beach...the ship is open and available to you all day long.

Are the hillside cabanas on barefoot beach somewhat private? Trying to balance my need to be out of the sun and my daughters's desire to do some sunbathing. Do the cabanas get real hot inside?

Are the hillside cabanas on barefoot beach somewhat private? Trying to balance my need to be out of the sun and my daughters's desire to do some sunbathing. Do the cabanas get real hot inside?

We have had different classes of cabanas at Barefoot Beach and never found that the inner areas were especially hot. There is an electric fan in the inside (covered) section of the cabanas. I, too, need to avoid the sun because of my fair Irish skin, and history of skin cancers, and the cabanas, whether hillside, on the beach or over the water have allowed me to spend an entire day on Labadee without worry.

Archived