Some Questions about Prisendam

Mekka

My wife and I are booked on the Black Sea/Holy Land cruise this fall on the Prinsendam and we had a couple of questions. We've been on most of HAL's fleet, but this is our first Prinsendam trip.

What is the current status of dancing on the Prinsendam? We enjoy dancing in the Ocean Bar to the Neptunes trio, but I have heard HAL is going through some changes in the staffing of their musicians and may be eliminating the Neptunes on some ships. Is there still a Neptunes trio (and a dance floor) on the Prinsendam?

We are also interested in the current configuration of the gym. Do you know if the equipment has been upgraded since the last drydock? The photos online show very old school equipment in the gym and we are hoping it was improved.

Thank you in advance for your help.

My wife and I are booked on the Black Sea/Holy Land cruise this fall on the Prinsendam and we had a couple of questions. We've been on most of HAL's fleet, but this is our first Prinsendam trip.

What is the current status of dancing on the Prinsendam? We enjoy dancing in the Ocean Bar to the Neptunes trio, but I have heard HAL is going through some changes in the staffing of their musicians and may be eliminating the Neptunes on some ships. Is there still a Neptunes trio (and a dance floor) on the Prinsendam?

We are also interested in the current configuration of the gym. Do you know if the equipment has been upgraded since the last drydock? The photos online show very old school equipment in the gym and we are hoping it was improved.

Good questions - there was dancing when we were on last time. Both on a small floor in the Crow's Nest and in the Ocean Bar.

I don't know if the gym equipment was changed at the drydock or not, but I will try to remember to report on my Live Thread.

We are sailing on our favourite ship two weeks from today and I will be doing a live thread so if you care to check it out (and by all means ask if I forget to comment as sometimes my memory is short) I will do a check for you.

We loved this ship last time:D I think you have chosen wisely:D

edited to say - thanks RuthC - I had a typo! We did see people dancing in the Crow's Nest last time - but the piano man was quite good and I think they found the music irresistible.

I can't remember any dance floor in the Explorers Lounge, but there definitely is a good-sized dance floor in the Ocean Bar, and another in the Crows Nest.

There usually isn't any dancing in the Crow's Nest, though, as there is only a piano player there. He's usually geared toward background music, and easy listening.

One piano player referred to the room as "The Library". ;)

We were on the Prinsendam in November/December right after dry dock. I used the gym. It is very small and looks out over the whirlpools and pool on the back deck. There were about 4 bikes and 6 treadmills. They were of the same quality as I have experienced on other HAL ships, which is state of the art...as good or better than my club at home. There is also a modest weight room. I would say the facility is 1/3 the size of the gym on other HAL ships. At times the gym was busy, others, empty. The ship herself is small, thus a small gym.

We spent 23 days on the Amazon Explorer, and enjoyed our time on the Prinsendam, and hope you will, too!

Karen

We were on the Prinsendam in November/December right after dry dock. I used the gym. It is very small and looks out over the whirlpools and pool on the back deck. There were about 4 bikes and 6 treadmills. They were of the same quality as I have experienced on other HAL ships, which is state of the art...as good or better than my club at home. There is also a modest weight room. I would say the facility is 1/3 the size of the gym on other HAL ships. At times the gym was busy, others, empty. The ship herself is small, thus a small gym.

We spent 23 days on the Amazon Explorer, and enjoyed our time on the Prinsendam, and hope you will, too!

Karen

I have a picture of the gym I took on our Amazon cruise...decided to look at it....but can't figure out how to upload it... anyway, there are also a number of brand new Precor elliptical machines as well. The photo on the HAL web site is old, and not the kind of equipment in the gym now. I was very pleased with the equipment available. It is all new.

Karen

Archived