Pride, Miracle, Splendor

Why don't these ships ever seem to sail from ports like Miami or Ft Lauderdale? I'd love to sail on one but leaving from a place like New York, LA, or Baltimore just isn't real appealing to me.

New York is a FABULOUS port to sail from! I wouldn't sail from any other!

Why don't these ships ever seem to sail from ports like Miami or Ft Lauderdale? I'd love to sail on one but leaving from a place like New York, LA, or Baltimore just isn't real appealing to me.

Us northern ports gotta have something! LOL..

I don't want to get on a plane to get on a cruise ;)

I'm sure it is, but we like to spend an extra day or 2 at the beach before the cruise when possible.

We have some beautiful beaches in NY & NJ - or we did until Sandy paid us a visit - but they will be back!

I just think everyone should experience sailing past the Statue of Liberty and through NY harbor at least once! And if your ancestors came to the us through NY you get a to have that sight of Lady Liberty coming back, just as they might have been. I live here and it's a thrill every time!

Us northern ports gotta have something! LOL..

I don't want to get on a plane to get on a cruise ;)

I have no problems with NY or Baltimore having a cruise ship, but it seems like Carnival likes to have the Conquest or the new Dream class ships sail from Miami and Ft lauderdale. Maybe swap out the Pride for the Freedom in FT Lauderdale? ;)

I have no problems with NY or Baltimore having a cruise ship, but it seems like Carnival likes to have the Conquest or the new Dream class ships sail from Miami and Ft lauderdale. Maybe swap out the Pride for the Freedom in FT Lauderdale? ;)

IDK - I guess you would have to ask Carnival that. ;) I'm just selling my favorite port and drumming up a little business for our battered beaches - that really are quite nice most of the time!

I would have preferred they leave the Miracle here - but they didn't ask me :rolleyes: - I'm sailing on the Splendor in June, so I hope I like it as much!

But give NY a try some time - it really is awesome!

IDK - I guess you would have to ask Carnival that. ;) I'm just selling my favorite port and drumming up a little business for our battered beaches - that really are quite nice most of the time!

I would have preferred they leave the Miracle here - but they didn't ask me :rolleyes: - I'm sailing on the Splendor in June, so I hope I like it as much!

I'm still holding out hope that they port a cruise ship in St Louis and then sail down the Mississippi and head out to the Caribbean some day! :D

I don't think Freedom would be able to sail into Baltimore; she wouldn't be able to sail under the Key Bridge. The Spirit-class ships are about the largest that can go under the bridge.

Ships larger than the Spirit Class, can't sail out of Baltimore. The Chesapeake Bay has a small problem with bridges! When going under the Francis Scott Key Bridge there is only like 8 or 9 foot clearance from the whale tail to the bridge.

Ditto Kat. We have (or will have again soon) some great beaches right here in NYC - Coney Island can be lots of fun, the Rockaways, and plenty more legendary beaches within a few hours. The Jersey Shore, Long Island. You can travel 2 hours from NYC and be in farm country on the east end of LI, or in NJ.

Wow... That bridge is so tall I get acrophobia when I even think about driving over it. I am going to be on deck to watch that 9' clearance so I can see it with my own eyes.

It's nuts. Seems like less than even that. Was up in the mini golf course when we past the bridges.

I wanted to stay up for the Sunshine Skyway, but that time it was just too cold.

Ditto Kat. We have (or will have again soon) some great beaches right here in NYC - Coney Island can be lots of fun, the Rockaways, and plenty more legendary beaches within a few hours. The Jersey Shore, Long Island. You can travel 2 hours from NYC and be in farm country on the east end of LI, or in NJ.

I grew up going to the NYC/Long Island beaches, but they are "commute-to" experiences. It's not as if you can book a hotel room on the beach at parking lot 5 at Jones. :)

I'm still holding out hope that they port a cruise ship in St Louis and then sail down the Mississippi and head out to the Caribbean some day! :D

That would be cool! They could use one of the smaller ships! I'd even fly for that one!

People don't realize that they hear NY and they think Manhattan. They hear NJ and they think Turnpike. I don't think our tourism departments are selling the right features :). I do LOVE that NY sail away though!

I grew up going to the NYC/Long Island beaches, but they are "commute-to" experiences. It's not as if you can book a hotel room on the beach at parking lot 5 at Jones. :)

Lots of places to stay right on the beaches in New Jersey. Most shore spots (In Jersey you go "down the shore" not "to the beach :D ) have motels within walking distance and then, of course there is Atlantic City with hotels right on the boardwalk

Archived