Sapphire Princess dining time

frecgenswl82

We are boarding the Sapphire Princess in Whitter, after a cruise tour. The ship sails at about 8 pm. We will be embarking sometime in the afternoon, I think. What is available for food other than Buffet, HC. Would any dining room be open? Another question, does anyone know if they will be serving dinner in the MDR. We have early dining in MDR. I know embarking begins about 12:30 pm. Thanks for any information. Susan

We are boarding the Sapphire Princess in Whitter, after a cruise tour. The ship sails at about 8 pm. We will be embarking sometime in the afternoon, I think. What is available for food other than Buffet, HC. Would any dining room be open? Another question, does anyone know if they will be serving dinner in the MDR. We have early dining in MDR. I know embarking begins about 12:30 pm. Thanks for any information. Susan

I would think that the grill and pizza by the pool would be available for lunch.

And I would expect that the MDR should be open that evening.

Enjoy - we are hoping to do the b2b from Vancouver to Whittier and back - should be a beautiful trip.

For lunch and the afternoon, food choice will include

Buffet

MDR - one open probably noon to 1:30pm for lunch

MDR - Dinner. Probably open seating for the evening, but check Princess patter to be sure. Dinner will be served.

International Cafe (if there is one on the ship)

Grill (burgers, etc)

Pizzeria

Dinner is served the first night, usually open seating.

I can't remember what time Muster is, but the dining rooms MUST be cleared during Muster. So give yourself plenty of time to eat early or fight the crowds immediately after (or find another venue). We were doing a B2B and could skip Muster but they made us finish and leave the dining room (we had to skip dessert :( ).

OP is sailing on the Sapphire. If they don't get to the International DR by about 1:00pm they probably won't be able to eat in the DR. Options after 1:00pm will be the Horizon Court Buffet, Prego Pizzeria and Trident Grill for burgers and dogs on Lido deck and the International Cafe and Alfredo's for sit down pizza in the Atrium on Plaza deck.

Dinner is served the first night, usually open seating.

I can't remember what time Muster is, but the dining rooms MUST be cleared during Muster. So give yourself plenty of time to eat early or fight the crowds immediately after (or find another venue). We were doing a B2B and could skip Muster but they made us finish and leave the dining room (we had to skip dessert :( ).

Sorry - I misread your comments. On the Sapphire, the Pizzeria (Alfredos) on Deck 5 will probably be open, Pizza and Hamburgers on Deck 14 and the buffet will be available. The dining room for lunch is open from 12-1:30.

Take note about my above comments about dinner. Dinner will probably start to be served at 5 or 5:30 but take into account when Muster is (posted in Princess Patter) as you must be done before Muster or go after Muster. Or you can go to the other venues also for dinner.

Archived