Any point getting to port early with FTTF?

So I admit, we usually are one of the first to arrive at the port (around 10ish) to get Zone 1 embark.

But we have FTTF for our upcoming cruise. Is there any point in arriving early?

For example, I imagine the earliest people could ever board would be at 11:15ish. Should we shoot to arrive around 11?

Twice in the last year by 10:30 everyone was already onboard when I arrived that had arrived at the port.

To me the question would be .. if I paid for FTTF I would get there early so it wasnt wasted.

I want to be checked in before 11 am and ready to board.

usually it is true they dont start boarding until after 11 .. but its happened.

Paying money to skip the line and arriving early enough to be near the front of the line makes no practical sense.

On the other hand FTTF offers other benefits that may be of value to you anyway.

Paying money to skip the line and arriving early enough to be near the front of the line makes no practical sense.

On the other hand FTTF offers other benefits that may be of value to you anyway.

I think the best benefit would be stateroom availability. I'd prefer being able to drop my carry bags in the cabin instead of hauling them around with me and all the other people waiting for their cabins to be ready.

Not to mention expedited baggage delivery of your checked bags.

I think the best benefit would be stateroom availability. I'd prefer being able to drop my carry bags in the cabin instead of hauling them around with me and all the other people waiting for their cabins to be ready.

I can see this of being of use to parents with little kids who need their naps too.

I want it because my kiddos don't wait politely in line, and to be able to put our stuff down before going to lunch. 3 kiddos (6, 4, and 2) travel with a lot of stuff, plus carseats that I don't want to lug around.

I agree with you 100%, these are the main reasons that I would purchase it. Trying to find a table at the buffet,

and carrying your food and carry on bags is no fun at all.

We just returned from our cruise and my DH suprised me with FTTF. We always arrive at 10:30 to 10:45 for a cruise and the difference here is the special treatment you recieve with that sticker. We were ushered into seperate lines and areas. We were on the ship about 30 minutes before regular passengers but we were able to go straight to our room and drop off our bags & purse. Well worth it just for that. Also our luggage was delivered shortly after that and we were all unpacked by 1:00. Then it really did make going to the Guest Services desk easier and the tenders quicker. If we weren't going to become platinum on our next cruise we would definately do it again.

Just off the Magic this am. We had FTTF. I specifically wanted it because I knew my family would not be "early to the port". Practically impossible when I have four girls! We arrived around 1 and there were some serious lines! Aside from weird looks that other passengers gave us, it was WELL worth the $$ just to be able to bypass all the lines. I did feel like we were given "special treatment" by the workers, but who knows if it was the FTTF that brought that on. We were on the ship by 1:30. Absolutely LOVED not having to use the reg line at guest services (it was always very slow moving), especially on debarkation day (had to pay a bit on my cash account)!! A couple times other passengers were kind of rude to us when I was helped before them even though I had only just walked up, but I just let it slide. Didn't really bother me. We debarked with plat and diamond passengers, but that wasn't until about 9:30. Can't imagine if we had not bought FTTF.

Both hubby and I (kids too) agree that FTTF was well worth the cost, and would purchase it again without a second thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got FTTF for the first time for my upcoming cruise and I plan on getting to port at 10:30-11 ish. I got there that early for my first cruise and I don't believe that started boarding until after 11 or noon. There were 2 weddings and their parties as well as VIP members got to board first, but I want to get on right after that and enjoy the ship before it gets too crowded. I plan on dropping my luggage off And getting some lunch.

Just off the Magic this am. We had FTTF. I specifically wanted it because I knew my family would not be "early to the port". Practically impossible when I have four girls! We arrived around 1 and there were some serious lines! Aside from weird looks that other passengers gave us, it was WELL worth the $$ just to be able to bypass all the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good to hear! I thought if you don't show up early to get on right after diamond and platinum that you miss the window and wind up on all the regular lines. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I still plan to arrive at port early. We mainly got FTTF for the cabin availability. Because we are always one of the first groups on-board, we usually have about 2 hours hanging with our luggage which is annoying (and hot!!). Try wheeling around 4 big suitcases plus carry-ons while you explore the ship with the kids. It will be great to get on-board, drop the luggage, eat, and explore with just ourselves to worry about.

Archived