Almalfi Coast or Positano

zales

I visited Positano on a cruise in 2011 for just a few hours and knew I had to return! Last year I rented a house in Positano for a week and explored a lot of the Amalfi coast including Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello, and even the island of Capri. Of all the towns, I still think Positano is the most beautiful. Every morning I walked the pathway down to the beach to watch the local artists painting the spectacular views...I brought a wonderful watercolor painting home with me that now hangs in my entry way to greet me each day when I come home and remind me of my trip!

Would you reccomend spending time in Sorrento or Amalfi town? We have the option between two tours, one to Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi, the other to Pompeii, Positano and Sorrento. Can't decide which would be better! I'm leaning towards Sorrento! Can anyone provide any insight?

Would you reccomend spending time in Sorrento or Amalfi town? We have the option between two tours, one to Pompeii, Positano and Amalfi, the other to Pompeii, Positano and Sorrento. Can't decide which would be better! I'm leaning towards Sorrento! Can anyone provide any insight?

It is hard to recommend what other people should do, but here is what we did. Last September we signed up for a private tour to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. When our driver picked us up we told him we decided to leave out Pompeii. He was very happy that we did, and said we made a wise choice. It takes about an hour to get to Positano from Naples. The Amalfi coast road is amazing and you have to go slow. We also stopped along the way to take pictures. We also loved Sorrento. We went to an olive farm. You may want to research a private tour and design your own tour. We used Joe Bananas. There is another thread with very positive reviews on them. Some people will say you should not miss Pompeii. It was on my must see list, but it was the last stop of a 20 day cruise and we were tired, so we though it would be more relaxing to just do the two places. I am happy we did it the way we did. Enjoy your trip.

Positano was my favorite spot we stopped at during our Amalfi Coast drive. The views of the whole coast are amazing but the pictures I got in that town were so good. I loved how all of the shops were set up too. I recommend going here!

We just did a tour of Sorrento and the Amalfi coast, it was breathtaking, I think there are 5 little towns that make up the area and it was worth the little scary moments of all that mountain climbing in a bus.

In June we are booked with Aldo limos, but not getting much help in planning. Alot on cc are skipping Pompei, but that is one of the reasons we booked this tour. Or can we do Herceleum and have more time for other things? We want wine, so are doing lunch at the winery at Mt Vesius. But when I asked about Sorrento vs Positano, they said both were good, whatever we want. any suggestions?

Can someone please tell me the difference between the two? Is one more preferable over the other?

I understand that Positano is a town on the Amalfi coast. It is less touristy and less crowded than Amalfi. We will be doing a shore excursion to Pompeii, Positano and Sorrento.

Positano is amazing, and the lemons are something else. We bought some risotto mixes (our fav: parmesean and lemon flavour) and made them when we got home. Beyond delicious!!! Positano is a photographer's dream, so many beautiful shots to take, every where you look! So glad we stopped there on our tour of the Amalfi Coast last year. One day I want to go back and stay there for a bit, but a little afraid because I might never leave :D

Archived