Celebrity Elite and RCI Benefits

We are Elite status on Celebrity. Do we have any benefits on our upcoming Jewel of Seas S. Carib. cruise. including free laundry?

You should get Diamond benefits on Royal. Here's the description:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Be sure to call Crown & Anchor well before the cruise so they can give you a C&A number and associate it with your cruise. Here's the number: 800-526-9723. Have your Captain's Club numbers handy.

Note also that Diamond benefits include a balcony discount, so if you have a stateroom with a balcony, be sure to call whoever booked your cruise and request that discount after you have your C&A numbers.

If we are Diamond, does our balcony discount apply if we book a cruise on Celebrity? Thanks!

No, Celebrity does not have balcony discounts for Elite. Remember, you are getting reciprocal benefits, so you get what Elite's get on Celebrity. I'm not sure if they still have this, but I thought one of the Elite benefits was some sort of category upgrade. I'd check with whoever booked your cruise, because that might save you some money.

No, Celebrity does not have balcony discounts for Elite. Remember, you are getting reciprocal benefits, so you get what Elite's get on Celebrity. I'm not sure if they still have this, but I thought one of the Elite benefits was some sort of category upgrade. I'd check with whoever booked your cruise, because that might save you some money.

What? No balcony discount on Celebrity? We went on one Celebrity cruise having Elite status but I cant remember now if we got a balcony discount.

I think it's great that RCI awards reciprocal benefits...I'll be Elite on my first Celebrity cruise in September!:)

Carnival Corporation doesn't do anything similar. My Princess benefits, HAL benefits, and Carnival benefits are all separate and don't have any bearing on my status unless I'm on the line where they were earned.

What? No balcony discount on Celebrity? We went on one Celebrity cruise having Elite status but I cant remember now if we got a balcony discount.

No balcony discount. The Captain's Club benefit is:

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced air, interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates, Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Suites, Concierge Class and Verandas excluded. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Upgrades available from categories 11-4 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®.

See benefits here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/terms.do?scrollID=oneCategory

If we are Diamond, does our balcony discount apply if we book a cruise on Celebrity? Thanks!

No, which really makes me sad. :(

But it is what it is.

I think it's great that RCI awards reciprocal benefits...I'll be Elite on my first Celebrity cruise in September!:)

Carnival Corporation doesn't do anything similar. My Princess benefits, HAL benefits, and Carnival benefits are all separate and don't have any bearing on my status unless I'm on the line where they were earned.

It's not what you were talking about, but owning Carnival Corporation stock will get you OBC on any of their cruise lines.

It's not what you were talking about, but owning Carnival Corporation stock will get you OBC on any of their cruise lines.

Very true, and I've taken advantage of it several times!:) In addition to the stock OBC, HAL awards you with one-star Mariner status if you've cruised with any CCL brand, which does come with some perks, such as a luncheon and a gift. Carnival makes you eligible for past passenger pricing if you've previously cruised with any CCL brand.

Even with that, the reciprocity of status between RCI brands makes a difference to me when I'm selecting a cruise. I was looking at Alaska 2014 yesterday, and I really only seriously considered Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I guess I just love perks and discounts!:o:D:o It took me a while to get to Diamond, and now I want to take advantage of it!

No, which really makes me sad. :(

But it is what it is.

We are not sad! We booked Celebrity with the 123 Go deal and both of us got the Classic Beverage Package as a booking incentive! The package sells for $44 per day/person. We will be very happy with that cruise.

In the Ultimate Coupon Booklet you will get a coupon for $10 off the $25 bag of laundry offer. No free laundry.

we just returned from an 18 day Australia/New Zealand cruise and the discount didn't help as it was only good on days when they offered a regular price($35) and they offered the $25 price special on several days

Archived