Tell me about the Magic!

Its a lot easier to answer specific questions, that general .. tell me everything you know about Magic type threads to me.

What do you like to do? What are you interested in knowing about?

Its a beautiful ship.

What is the earliest time that one can board? How was the Karaoke lounge? Are there any other activities that one should not miss while on board? I will try to come up with some specific questions but just tell me more. Thanks for the tip about the Italian restaurant. Also, tell me more about the water works area?

I have done the water works on the Carnival Magic and it is wonderful my tip is bring water shoes when the ships at doc that floor is on fire there was one couple I saw and then towards the end of the cruise I saw them in a wheelchair and I asked him what happen said they were going on the slides without shoes and day have to go to the emergency room on the ship because he had blisters on their feet that's how hot it actually gets so when its at doc make sure to wear water shoes if you're going on the water slides make sure you do the tea time

We just got off the Magic a week ago, and I surely wish I was back on her! Do not miss the outdoor grill at lunch on sea days (Monday, Tues, & Sat.) on Deck 5. Go out the door near the coffee shop. Get there early, about 11:30, to avoid a long line. This food is "free".

If you want to go to the Steakhouse, make your reservation ahead of time, like NOW. They fill up fast, especially the earlier hours. It is so well worth $35 per person! Eat lightly that day, so you will have room for all that fabulous food!

Karaoke is sometimes in Ocean Plaza (midship on deck 5) and sometimes in the comedy lounge (aft deck 5).

The band Simple Friends, who play in Ocean Plaza most nights, are great!

Also in Ocean Plaza is the Taste Bar. They offer breakfast there (scrambled eggs, grits, fruit, etc.), and it is quick, with no lines. They also have juice and coffee. I think they serve breakfast from 8:00 til 10:00.

If you don't see anything on the dessert menu that you like (in the dining room), you can order a banana split. It is the BEST banana split I have ever tasted! It's not on the main menu, but you can ask for it. I had one almost every night. :)

The fried shrimp in the dining room is awesome! So very tender and delicious! They have it a few times, including sweet & sour shrimp, which is the same thing, with a sweet dipping sauce.

The lunch is free at Cucino del Capitano. They will give you a slip of paper to choose your pasta and toppings. If you look down at the bottom of the page, they have lasagna. That's what I recommend. Avoid the mob of people on Lido on embarkation day by dining there after you board.

Any questions? Just ask! :)

The fifth deck hot tubs, which are more warm than hot, are rarely full and often empty. They're peaceful when people are not eating lunch nearby. My daughters and I loved looking up at the stars while swimming in the hot tub before their bedtime.

Waterworks - The kids enjoyed watching others come down the slide into the bowl and spraying them with water. The slides were for 42 inches and up and not too fast. All ages can go down the two smaller slides, but you do get really splashed at the bottom.

The ropes course is for 48 inches and up. We were very glad we tried it out on the first day because it was frequently closed because of wind. We went one more time while in one of the ports.

The mini-golf course is on two decks. Many people had trouble realizing that they had to go up the stairs to finish the course. Up the stairs, by the ropes course, there's also a place to play giant chess/checkers. There was lots to do on the sports deck -- ping pong, billiards, and video games when the sun went down.

We only made it to the illusionist and juggling comedian shows, plus the family friendly comedy. Our whole family found all the shows we saw entertaining, especially the illusionist. We did not try karaoke.

We boarded just after 11 a.m., in the first group after vip and faster to the fun, because we arrived at the port at about 9:30 a.m. They had lemonade and water pitchers and we brought snacks so the wait was quick. However, our debarkation was so delayed that the next cruise did not start boarding until MUCH later.

We are sailing on 6-21. I see where you are going on 6-28. We will try not to eat all the food and drink all the beer.

Does this ship have the "Legends Night" where all the Karaoke people get to sing. That was always one of my favorite nights on the Conquest.

Also, how about a sushi bar?

I have done the water works on the Carnival Magic and it is wonderful my tip is bring water shoes when the ships at doc that floor is on fire there was one couple I saw and then towards the end of the cruise I saw them in a wheelchair and I asked him what happen said they were going on the slides without shoes and day have to go to the emergency room on the ship because he had blisters on their feet that's how hot it actually gets so when its at doc make sure to wear water shoes if you're going on the water slides make sure you do the tea time

Just added water shoes to my packing list! My 11yr old stays on the slides! GREAT TIP!

Did anyone have spa access or go on spa tours? I am also wondering about dining times on Magic. We have always done late dining time but we are considering Anytime dining on Magic. I have heard mixed reviews especially on Breeze. Anyone tried it on Magic?

If you choose to eat at the buffet, get there early to avoid the crowd.

I recommend taking the "Behind the Fun" tour. It's a behind the scenes tour.

You get to see whats involved in making a cruise ship function.

Do this AS SOON AS YOU BOARD the Ship. It will sell out before the ship leaves Galveston.

Don't miss the Magic Show "Destination Unknown" Click on the link below for a preview:

We will be back on the Magic June 16, 2013....Can't Wait!!:D

Did anyone have spa access or go on spa tours? I am also wondering about dining times on Magic. We have always done late dining time but we are considering Anytime dining on Magic. I have heard mixed reviews especially on Breeze. Anyone tried it on Magic?

We had a spa balcony on our first Magic cruise and paid for the spa access on the second. We love the pool and the heated loungers!

843870_4632024951926_330752092_o.jpg

LOVED the Magic! Just got off her yesterday. We had ATD, and we are a family of six. The ONLY night we had a wait was on the first elegant night, and that was only for 10 minutes. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend, that if you do ATD, you ask for "Joel". He was our head waiter, and his staff that helped out (Sigit and Sonny) were FANTASTIC! My younger girls cried when we had our last dinner with them. The girls absolutely loved them, and even if I didn't feel like getting "ready" for dinner, I did it because I knew that Joel looked forward to seeing us as much as we looked forward to seeing him. ATD has become so popular that now it is on deck 3 in the Northern Lights dining room. It used to be just the upstairs section on deck 4, but there wasn't enough room.

My girls LOVED the water slides! I went down myself, and I had to agree. They were fun! We spent more time at the aft pool (Tides pool) than we did in the mid-ship pool area.

We had connecting ocean view rooms (the deluxe ocean view w/ two bathrooms albeit one toilet each room), and I would do those again in a heartbeat! AWESOME, especially with six people getting ready.

We also had FTTF, and I definitely wouldn't cruise again without it (at least when I had my kids with me).

Hubby did the Cheers program, and while he loved it, he felt he 'had' to drink his 15 drinks for it to be worth it. He said it was fun to try, but he would not do it again. If he just wanted a beer, he felt it was "wasting it". :rolleyes:

The Lido is a BUSY place during lunch. Do you like burritos? HIGHLY recommend the Burrito Bar in the Lido! YUM!!! While some don't like the Pizza Pirate, we LOVED it! It's kind of a "pizzeria" type pizza. It is GOOD!

Try to catch a movie at the Seaside Theatre. That was so much fun! My younger girls raved about Camp Carnival. They have wonderful staff there.

LMK if you have any other questions...

We sailed her last March and we will be back on her in 13 days!!! Our daughter loved the waterpark, and so did this 44 year old kid!!! She also loved the ropes course. We had a spa balcony on the recommendation of our PVP, and we loved it!! We are in the same stateroom this time!! We didn't make it to the spa until the second day, and boy, we were sorry. We travelled with friends, and the guys went to the spa every day. It was so relaxing to sit in the Thallasotherapy pool and watch the water go by. I cannot wait to be back onboard. Eat in the steak house, and try the Italian for lunch. Hope you have fun on your cruise. :D:D

LOVED the Magic! Just got off her yesterday. We had ATD, and we are a family of six. The ONLY night we had a wait was on the first elegant night, and that was only for 10 minutes. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend, that if you do ATD, you ask for "Joel". He was our head waiter, and his staff that helped out (Sigit and Sonny) were FANTASTIC! My younger girls cried when we had our last dinner with them. The girls absolutely loved them, and even if I didn't feel like getting "ready" for dinner, I did it because I knew that Joel looked forward to seeing us as much as we looked forward to seeing him. ATD has become so popular that now it is on deck 3 in the Northern Lights dining room. It used to be just the upstairs section on deck 4, but there wasn't enough room.

My girls LOVED the water slides! I went down myself, and I had to agree. They were fun! We spent more time at the aft pool (Tides pool) than we did in the mid-ship pool area.

We had connecting ocean view rooms (the deluxe ocean view w/ two bathrooms albeit one toilet each room), and I would do those again in a heartbeat! AWESOME, especially with six people getting ready.

We also had FTTF, and I definitely wouldn't cruise again without it (at least when I had my kids with me).

Hubby did the Cheers program, and while he loved it, he felt he 'had' to drink his 15 drinks for it to be worth it. He said it was fun to try, but he would not do it again. If he just wanted a beer, he felt it was "wasting it". :rolleyes:

The Lido is a BUSY place during lunch. Do you like burritos? HIGHLY recommend the Burrito Bar in the Lido! YUM!!! While some don't like the Pizza Pirate, we LOVED it! It's kind of a "pizzeria" type pizza. It is GOOD!

Try to catch a movie at the Seaside Theatre. That was so much fun! My younger girls raved about Camp Carnival. They have wonderful staff there.

LMK if you have any other questions...

What movies were they showing at Seaside Theater? I'll be on her next sailing!

We sailed her last March and we will be back on her in 13 days!!! Our daughter loved the waterpark, and so did this 44 year old kid!!! She also loved the ropes course. We had a spa balcony on the recommendation of our PVP, and we loved it!! We are in the same stateroom this time!! We didn't make it to the spa until the second day, and boy, we were sorry. We travelled with friends, and the guys went to the spa every day. It was so relaxing to sit in the Thallasotherapy pool and watch the water go by. I cannot wait to be back onboard. Eat in the steak house, and try the Italian for lunch. Hope you have fun on your cruise. :D:D

Our group of 10 will be on her too in like 12 days!! Love this ship. 3rd time on her!!

Archived