Skagway Audio Tour?

BlueEyesMI

We're planning to rent a car and do the self-tour from Murray's guide to Emerald Lake. I noticed Murray's suggested an audio download from "Trapper Dan". http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V7KBT2?ie=UTF8&tag=yukonalaskacom&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000V7KBT2

Has anyone heard this before, is it worth the $9 to listen to in the car?

Thanks!

We're planning to rent a car and do the self-tour from Murray's guide to Emerald Lake. I noticed Murray's suggested an audio download from "Trapper Dan". http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V7KBT2?ie=UTF8&tag=yukonalaskacom&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000V7KBT2

Has anyone heard this before, is it worth the $9 to listen to in the car?

Thanks!

Look at it this way - if your trip is costing you $4000 total (you can adjust the figures) and the guide costs $9, that is only 0.23% of the trip cost or merely round off error. How many times in your life have you wasted $9 and what if it is really good and you miss stuff. Buy it.

DON

I had the exact same question....no replies yet. I have the printed version already...wanted to check if it is worth it to buy the ipod version too.

It's actually a completely different product, with general history, music and geocaching information. I think it's a fun addition.

I agree with HuskyGuy. I purchased it thru amazon & downloaded to the cloud. You can also purchase thru iTunes and have available on your iPhone or iPad. I am planning to use on our upcoming cruise tour.

I've listened thru it and the music portion is "campy" but fun. There are a couple of instrumentals that are nice.

The tour guide portion is not anything like the Murray's Guide. It is a audio of history of the area and tells you when to pause and where to play again. It also includes "geo-cache sites" and hints if you participate in geo-caching... I had to look that one up on Wikipedia to find out what it was. Sounded like it might actually be fun!

I definitely think the audio portion is worth the $9 investment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Look at it this way - if your trip is costing you $4000 total (you can adjust the figures) and the guide costs $9, that is only 0.23% of the trip cost or merely round off error. How many times in your life have you wasted $9 and what if it is really good and you miss stuff. Buy it.

DON

I find I keep using this methodology -- it's becoming a problem. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived