Can Quantum Compete with Breakaway?

My fiancee and I are both quite slender and I'm struggling to see how the two of us could stand out there together at the same time (e.g., at sailaway from a port) without being very uncomfortable.

And all along Royal Caribbean thought they came up with the idea of the "virtual balcony" first.

Are those balconies a joke? I understand they try to maximize space as much as possible to get the maximum square footage for the buck, but still. And they don't come cheap either. My vote goes for QOS, even though I don't like the North Star. Like others have said, you have other options, free options...

Can't wait to hear more on Quantum! :)

The photo is 11,186 Mini-suite (Deck 11). It's NOT a trick photo!

The odd thing is that the stateroom is really long, yet pretty narrow. They could have easily shaved off 3-4 foot off the length and added it to the balcony.

There is a small drainage gulley by the glass-railing. If you move the chairs slightly, the front leg or two falls in the gulley. Annoying!

See:

On Epic the mini-suites startaed there life as "Deluxe" balcony staterooms. They were a little longer than the standard and the shower was bigger (some have a bath/shower). NCL re-graded tham as suites.

On Breakaway the similar cabins are called mini-suites.

Personally i think a suite should always have a seperate room for 'sitting'. A bed-settee to a slightly larger cabin and bathroom does not make it a suite, for me.

dsc_0012.jpg?w=360&h=538

Holy cow!!! My bedroom closet is wider than that balcony :eek:!!!

Holy cow!!! My bedroom closet is wider than that balcony :eek:!!!

Looks like a beautiful ship, disappointed with the narrow balcony size.

The mini suite on Breakaway couldn't even come close to competing with the one I had on Oasis:

037_zps78cc4516.jpg

038_zps7df64b4c.jpg

039_zpsc0caac2e.jpg

035_zpsfe3c81ab.jpg

036_zps8b0598a1.jpg

I realize this is kind of unfair comparing Breakaway to Oasis but considering how much they are charging for a mini suite and to see how small it is? Just doesn't make sense to me

On Epic the mini-suites startaed there life as "Deluxe" balcony staterooms. They were a little longer than the standard and the shower was bigger (some have a bath/shower). NCL re-graded tham as suites.

On Breakaway the similar cabins are called mini-suites.

Personally i think a suite should always have a seperate room for 'sitting'. A bed-settee to a slightly larger cabin and bathroom does not make it a suite, for me.

dsc_0012.jpg?w=360&h=538

I think some cruise lines are mis-using the word "suite" in the same manner the word "estate" is sometimes mis-used with homes.

By the way what are the exact measurements of the mini-suite and balcony? I think I read somewhere 226sqf, which must include the balcony.

After being on 5 NCL cruise, over 25 RCL cruises, and recently on Breakaway ( 1 night only ) , I can reassure you that Quantum will be the nicer ship in every perspective.

Breakaway feels very cramped, still does not have enough open deck space, has way too small staterooms, and costs you a fortune when you try out everything that is on offer.

The only thing where NCL really shines and RCL does not, is when it comes to treating suite passengers according to what they paid. NCL treats them royally from the first to the last minute. This is where RCL definitely needs to improve and could learn a lot from NCL.

Other than that, the product is generally comparable. On board spending (costs) on NCL is definitely higher though!

RCL´s ships are way nicer. My only "complaint" is, they could come up with a better and more modern decor in the cabins and main dining room. Did not care what they did with Oasis class.

Egads!

How do you even get into one of those chairs? It looks like there is no legroom at all.

I'm 5ft 2in and couldn't sit out there!! :eek:

The walls on the balconies will certainly be scraped with people trying to angle the chairs.

Can't imaging what NCL was thinking when they designed the balcony.

I'm 5ft 2in and couldn't sit out there!! :eek:

The walls on the balconies will certainly be scraped with people trying to angle the chairs.

Can't imaging what NCL was thinking when they designed the balcony.

Especially with what they are charging for their cabins. When I saw their balconies for the first time in photos that killed it for me. No way I would even consider sailing on Breakaway now

I'm just wondering if this is the size of all balconies? Even full suites. Whoever designed that should be fired. Why pay for a balcony if it will not be comfortable?

VERY uncomfortable! There's no room whatsoever. :(

VERY uncomfortable! There's no room whatsoever. :(

I was talking to a couple of friends last night that I travel with, and we had to joke about it. Really if I were to put an ashtray out there I would have no room to move. We were wondering if someone sneezed what is the chances of shattering the glass two or three balconies down !!!

I was talking to a couple of friends last night that I travel with, and we had to joke about it. Really if I were to put an ashtray out there I would have no room to move. We were wondering if someone sneezed what is the chances of shattering the glass two or three balconies down !!!

Or blowing someone overboard. :eek: :eek:

The mini suite on Breakaway couldn't even come close to competing with the one I had on Oasis:

037_zps78cc4516.jpg

038_zps7df64b4c.jpg

039_zpsc0caac2e.jpg

035_zpsfe3c81ab.jpg

036_zps8b0598a1.jpg

I realize this is kind of unfair comparing Breakaway to Oasis but considering how much they are charging for a mini suite and to see how small it is? Just doesn't make sense to me

If you don't mind me asking, what Junior Suite number was this on the Oasis?

Archived