Message suggestions?

Moomduck1

Hi,

My family and I will be in 3 different cabins on an upcoming cruise. We don't really want to use our cell phones on the trip. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to leave each other messages? I thought of maybe getting a pad of paper for each door, if the doors were magnetic, and a pen with a magnet on the back. But I'm not sure that would really work.

Thanks,

Chris

All cabins have a "mailbox" type thing outside where they leave your invitations, excursion documents, daily news, etc... perhaps you could use inexpensive note cards and envelopes or inexpensive stationery and leave notes in these? I would be concerned about publicly writing messages for others to see that include information about when you'll be away from your cabin, where you will be, etc... I would put the information in an envelope for the intended party to open.

You can always use the voicemail box for each cabin. As long as you know the room number you can call from any phone on the ship. I regularly do that to let my DW know what pool I am at or what bar.

Believe it or not, I forgot about the phones in the room. Thank you!

I was concerned about posting too public of a note too. I was thinking if they wrote on the notepad, then tore off a sheet and stuck it in the mailbox. The phone will probably be the best bet.

Hi,

My family and I will be in 3 different cabins on an upcoming cruise. We don't really want to use our cell phones on the trip. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to leave each other messages? I thought of maybe getting a pad of paper for each door, if the doors were magnetic, and a pen with a magnet on the back. But I'm not sure that would really work.

Thanks,

Chris

Every single stateroom has a telephone and voice messaging. So instead of leaving notes and such, just make sure you each personalize/set up the voice mail box on the phone in the stateroom.

A light blinks on the phone when a message has been left, so make sure to check the phone often:)

Joanie

I agree voice mail and notes left in mailboxes should work out fine for you.

You likely will preplan where to meet for certain acitivities and after a few days on the ship, you might find everyone pretty much becomes 'predictable' as to where they may be at a given time.

Archived