Dollar car rental, port of Miami shuttle, Miami airport reservations

Nanookz

When the shuttle for Dollar comes to the port to pick people up do they check that you have reservations or can anyone get on?

the reason that I ask is not to get a free ride to the airport, but that might work, it is how to book online. They have a code for lower rates that works at the airport but when you use the code for the port the code doesn't work. I believe that the shuttle takes you from the port to the airport for the car rental. So if I book with the airport code will they let me on the shuttle?

thanks

Dollar Car Rental has free shuttle service from the Port Of Miami to the Rental Car Center located across from Miami International Airport. If you plan on renting a vehicle after your cruise on some occasions the shuttle drivers will ask to see a copy of your rental reservation. That is done because some cruise passengers are looking for free transportation back to MIA. If you don't intend to rent a vehicle post cruise just hail a taxi. There set rate is approximately $24.00 plus tip back to MIA. On a few occasions when I rented a vehicle from the Rental Car Center post cruise the customer service rep would ask if my family was picked up from the Port Of Miami. When I told him yes they stated that they normally added a small fee because of that fact. They stated that it was a Passenger Service Fee that had something to do with the Port Of Miami. It wasn't a big deal and only added a few extra dollars.

If you are returning a vehicle to the Rental Car Center from any company there is a free shuttle service from that location back to Miami International Airport. The shuttles line up outside of the facility on the top floor. It's a short five minute ride across Le Juene Road to MIA.

Archived